Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
zre3owS.jpg

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

I came at min 1:01 :vivelafrance:

Seriously, that's a feature I missed in the original game. Traveling through Sigil with the default zoom was unconfortable for me, I always used the map to move the camera where I wanted to go instead. Overall this EE looks good... excepting that black outlines. FFS the completely breaks the artstyle of the game. Also the sprites looks a bit blurry. Let's hope they didn't change anything about the writing or the content.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seriously, that's a feature I missed in the original game. Traveling through Sigil with the default zoom was unconfortable for me, I always used the map to move the camera where I wanted to go instead. Overall this EE looks good... excepting that black outlines. FFS the completely breaks the artstyle of the game. Also the sprites looks a bit blurry. Let's hope they didn't change anything about the writing or the content.
It has been mentioned in this thread that you can turn the outlines off.

pippin

I guess some people are really easy to please.

Besides, the characters' movements were not as choppy in the original game. This shit sucks as all the other enhanced editions.

aVENGER

Arcane
Developer
Overall this EE looks good... excepting that black outlines. FFS the completely breaks the artstyle of the game. Also the sprites looks a bit blurry.

The blurry sprites and the black outlines can both be turned off.

Here is an example of how PST:EE can look, depending on the settings that you choose. You can click on that image to see it in full resolution.

Deleted Member 16721

Not to sound like a filthy casual or anything, but man...this game must have been wicked tough to find everything in without TAB highlighting and with a close-up perspective. I do understand the appeal of that, I really do, and it appeals to me, but for most modern gamers the TAB highlighting is really a must.

I think it would be neat to do an entire playthrough without highlighting anything as well, preferably if you don't know where everything is. I'm sure it was/is very rewarding to pixel hunt and find those tiny loot spots that can be easily missed.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I gotta say I changed my mind a little bit after what they shown, all the changes seem to be respectful and done with great care not to alter anything. That and It's supposed to be highly configurable which new additions you want to use and which you want to keep out. Seems like a sensible Enhanced Edition for a change, yeah a lot of it is just re-used mods, but anything that gets PS:T out to bigger audience deserves praise if it doesn't fuck with the content like BG:EE did.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Last edited by a moderator:

Sacibengala

Prophet
So I take it you found Quint's Poison Charm without any help your first run through, eh? You guys are just too good. :)
Back in the day gaming was like a fine plate of good food. You taste it slowly, feel it, contemplate it. Today is everything about fast food.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom