Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vote For Grimoire On Steam Greenlight

sstacks

Arcane
I am planning to do interviews for select ELEET outlets AFTER Grimoire is released. If you'd like I can add you to the roster of ELEETs who I will talk to in addition to the loyal and trustworthy principled man of action Matt Barton, who has singlehandedly done more real game journalism than 99% of the lamestream game media. First I have to run your name through my Game Journo Pros analysis program to see if it matches any names on there.

You're welcome if you ever want to come on the show.

BTW I don't really consider myself a game journalist, I just do my radio show and blog some .. I cover CRPGs often but not exclusively.

By the way, Matt Barton and I are actually pretty good buds... believe it or not he and his wife have consumed delicious pot roast at my dining room table :) I agree he does important work for game history.
Lies! I don't remember ever dining at your house!

"J_C" may never have, but Matt sure has. He declared it tasty :P

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I am planning to do interviews for select ELEET outlets AFTER Grimoire is released. If you'd like I can add you to the roster of ELEETs who I will talk to in addition to the loyal and trustworthy principled man of action Matt Barton, who has singlehandedly done more real game journalism than 99% of the lamestream game media. First I have to run your name through my Game Journo Pros analysis program to see if it matches any names on there.

BTW I don't really consider myself a game journalist, I just do my radio show and blog some .. I cover CRPGs often but not exclusively.

By the way, Matt Barton and I are actually pretty good buds... believe it or not he and his wife have consumed delicious pot roast at my dining room table :) I agree he does important work for game history.

I have to talk this through with my split personality.

sstacks

Arcane

So I don't know who this J_C character is (whistles innocently) but here's me an Matt Barton hanging out just for EXHIBIT A :P

Shane-and-Matt-Barton-August-5-2014.jpg

All joking aside, Matt is a super cool dude and it has been my pleasure to get to know him over the past few years. Very down to earth guy but also uniquely himself which is a nice combo.

Mustawd

Shane towering over Matt Barton. Surprised you didn't grind his bones to make your bread.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/893772412/1491894515

GRIMOIRE HITS #32 ON STEAM GREENLIGHT IN TOP 100!
11 APRIL - GOLDEN ERA GAMES

Stefan at Complete Nonsense Reviews on YouTube has done a 45 minute 100% walkthrough of a SINGLE MAP AT THE START OF GRIMOIRE, showing the amazing amount of detail, fun, mystery, secrets, easter eggs, adventure and discovery present in one map in Grimoire called "Shrine of the Raptor." This map alone is almost a complete game in it's own right and very representative of the incredibly engaging atmosphere and playability of the ultimate turn-based classic style roleplaying game! This was from the superdemo of Grimoire issued in 2013. The game has been improved substantially since then with new artwork, new music, substantial new content and fantastic fixes and upgraded gameplay!

Excellent Walkthrough By Stefan of "Shrine of the Raptor"

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Wow..this guy makes the game look even more boring, except for actually playing it.

Oh, do go and find something else to do, Zep. If you don't want to play Grimoire then nobody is forcing you to, but you're spoiling the feverish anticipation for everybody else.

Sorry, no can do. I'm retired and this is my old man fun.

Zep--

Remember kids: If shitposting in a game thread is your idea of fun when you're retired, you have taken a wrong turn somewhere.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Wow..this guy makes the game look even more boring, except for actually playing it.

Oh, do go and find something else to do, Zep. If you don't want to play Grimoire then nobody is forcing you to, but you're spoiling the feverish anticipation for everybody else.

Sorry, no can do. I'm retired and this is my old man fun.

Zep--

Remember kids: If shitposting in a game thread is your idea of fun when you're retired, you have taken a wrong turn somewhere.

Remember kids: If being locked up in Zepo's basement before you're even going to school isn't your idea of fun, you have taken a wrong turn somewhere.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Ohmigod I thought I recognized both these guys on the wall of the post office ...

WEATHERMEN UNDERGROUND PHOTO FROM SAFEHOUSE TAKEN IN 1988.
SHANMAR BEREZAT AND ACCOMPLICE MERTLE BERTONE. IMPLICATED IN BOMBINGS OF NUMEROUS FEDERAL BUILDINGS.
MAY BE TRAVELING UNDER ALIASES AS "SHANE" OR "MATT." BOTH HAVE ENTHUSIASMS FOR RPGS, VIDEO GAMES AND BEER.
THESE MEN ARE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND SHOULD NOT BE APPROACHED.
IF YOU RECOGNISE THESE MEN CALL YOUR LOCAL FBI BRANCH FOR UP TO $10,000 REWARD FOR ANONYMOUS TIPS LEADING TO THEIR ARRESTS.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/893772412/1491894515

GRIMOIRE HITS #32 ON STEAM GREENLIGHT IN TOP 100!
11 APRIL - GOLDEN ERA GAMES

Stefan at Complete Nonsense Reviews on YouTube has done a 45 minute 100% walkthrough of a SINGLE MAP AT THE START OF GRIMOIRE, showing the amazing amount of detail, fun, mystery, secrets, easter eggs, adventure and discovery present in one map in Grimoire called "Shrine of the Raptor." This map alone is almost a complete game in it's own right and very representative of the incredibly engaging atmosphere and playability of the ultimate turn-based classic style roleplaying game! This was from the superdemo of Grimoire issued in 2013. The game has been improved substantially since then with new artwork, new music, substantial new content and fantastic fixes and upgraded gameplay!

Excellent Walkthrough By Stefan of "Shrine of the Raptor"

Need another surge to get over 4000. Would only take one or two mentions on lamestream game media.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
We need to tell Valve to get Grimoire greenlighted, as Valve is likely leaving Grimoire to rot.

Weasel
Looking back on other Greenlight campaigns, like the one for Battle Brothers for example, everything seemed rather placid and boring in comparison. I guess that's what happens when a game is done in less than a decade, but they could surely have done with more angry complaints to Steam from the butthurt brigade, conspiracy theories, depressed fanboys, allegations of corruption in the Greenlight process and a few pictures of Matt Barton in a social environment.

After just a little more than a month on Steam Greenlight we made it – Battle Brothers has just been given the green light!

We are extremely happy and excited about how fast things went down in the end and we want to take the time to give you guys a big THANK YOU for all the support, comments, votes, encouraging messages and of course for spreading the word!

Without the engagement, effort and enthusiasm of you guys this would not have been possible!

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Well No Greenlight yet but that is just because steam has to put out quality VR games and other fine work first. Here's the latest

No Clue VR:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=882778008

Added: April 1, Greenlit April 11

Handball Manager Team:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=868228798

Added Feb 20, Greenlit April 10

There was also a similar game for basketball by the same creator added at the same time.

The Chamber Experiment:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=896412396

Added April 5, Greenlit April 10

X Drive:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=894362658

Added March 30, Greenlit April 10

I have sent much of this data as well as Grimoire's link and a short synopsis to Jim Sterling, the so-called "Protector of Greenlight" who has made a cottage industry about decrying the crap that gets put up there an how there are so few "quality" games. Surely he would call out this VR nonsense and how Grimoire is getting ignored right?

Well this is what he is married to

https://twitter.com/xNoxAeterna

In fact he moved to Jackson, MS so his "wife" could cuck him weekly with random black guys.

It was a nice dream but we might have to find support somewhere else.

The struggle continues.

sstacks

Arcane
Ohmigod I thought I recognized both these guys on the wall of the post office ...

WEATHERMEN UNDERGROUND PHOTO FROM SAFEHOUSE TAKEN IN 1988.
SHANMAR BEREZAT AND ACCOMPLICE MERTLE BERTONE. IMPLICATED IN BOMBINGS OF NUMEROUS FEDERAL BUILDINGS.
MAY BE TRAVELING UNDER ALIASES AS "SHANE" OR "MATT." BOTH HAVE ENTHUSIASMS FOR RPGS, VIDEO GAMES AND BEER.
THESE MEN ARE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND SHOULD NOT BE APPROACHED.
IF YOU RECOGNISE THESE MEN CALL YOUR LOCAL FBI BRANCH FOR UP TO $10,000 REWARD FOR ANONYMOUS TIPS LEADING TO THEIR ARRESTS.

Well, crap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom