Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars KOTOR Remake/Reboot/Sequel Rumors

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Let's hope that if they do RTwP again, they'll actually give us something of an aerial view for fuck sake. The KotOR and ME systems were awkward to the point of just leaving the team to their own devices most of the time

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I think some parts of KOTOR and The Old Republic (MMO) made canon last year or so.

On a different note, Drew Karpyshyn is at Austin studio and supposedly working on a new game, so I guess he's likely taking some role at this.

DemonKing

Arcane
I liked KOTOR well enough but the fact that it's set 4000 years before the PT but the tech is almost identical always annoyed me, especially when I think how far tech has moved on here on Earth in the 40 or so years I've been around.

In any case, Bio/EA will no doubt screw this up - I guess optimistically we can at least hope for a fun meme fest ala MEA.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I have a few points to make.

This is Revan in swtor

Revan1.png

1. You don't come back from this. You don't make a kotor3 after this. They've gone full disney.

2. Besides, kotor1 and 2 are no longer canon.

3. Besides, swtor has to keep making money, and kotor3 would do a coup de grâce on it.

4. Swtor is kotor3. End of story.

Revan is the best character in the old republic. And they've made him a 10 lvl npc. Kotor3 impossible.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I can't wait to watch the inevitable shitstorm this game will create.

veskoandroid

Educated
Loved both kotors have been waiting for a long time for a new one however it will be remake, pre/sequel, just hopefully wo sjw bs.

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

Iznaliu

Arbiter

The 2017 Codex says:
ME:A is only bad due to the leftist agenda! If Ryder was replaced with Trump, I would have pre-ordered it! The streamlined action gameplay is so immersive and realistic! Let's hope the KOTOR 1 remake is like ME:A except with neckbeards instead of feminists!

Last edited:
Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
The 2017 Codex says:
ME:A is only bad due to the leftist agenda! If Ryder was replaced with Trump, I would have pre-ordered it! The streamlined action gameplay is so immersive and realistic! Let's hope KOTOR 1 is like ME:A except with neckbeards instead of feminists!

:lol:

Kahr

Why do you even care about a new Kotor? Both are shit.
In five years Dragon Age 2 will also be a Kodex Kult Klassik.
I see it cumming.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Let's hope that if they do RTwP again, they'll actually give us something of an aerial view for fuck sake. The KotOR and ME systems were awkward to the point of just leaving the team to their own devices most of the time

It's going to be a console action game.

pippin

The last time Bioware came up with an original concept was ten years ago, and even then it was KOTOR fanfiction.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have a few points to make.

This is Revan in swtor

Revan1.png

1. You don't come back from this. You don't make a kotor3 after this. They've gone full disney.

2. Besides, kotor1 and 2 are no longer canon.

3. Besides, swtor has to keep making money, and kotor3 would do a coup de grâce on it.

4. Swtor is kotor3. End of story.

Revan is the best character in the old republic. And they've made him a 10 lvl npc. Kotor3 impossible.

Do you kill him in the mmo?

GloomFrost

Arcane
Even if they try to make a proper single player kotor i wouldnt be able to play it after the sith lords(+restoration patch of course). The difference in writing, characters and plot would be ridiculous. I m actually surprised that anyone is expecting anything from nowadays bioware. I mean i couldnt care less even if they announced BG3 tomorrow morning.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom