Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bayonetta 1 released on PC

Self-Ejected

ESh

Self-Ejected
Sega just released "8-Bit Bayonetta", a free-to-play de-make of the (previously?) console-exclusive hack-n-slash.

The game itself is obviously an April's fool joke, but what's thrilling is that Sega concurrently published a countdown: www.sega.com/14111219

itzu86w.png

A bit more than ten days left, hmmmmm...

bayonetta-002.jpg

If it's capped at 60fps I'll join ISIS.

Last edited:

GrainWetski

Arcane
https://web.archive.org/web/2017041...a-brings-heel-guns-and-hair-fights-to-the-pc/

After years of feverish fan demand, PC gamers can now finally play Bayonetta. Arriving on Steam today with 4K support and advanced graphics options, Sega's critically acclaimed action classic now looks better than ever before. In a bid to entice those who already own the game, Sega will also be giving buyers the Digital Deluxe Edition at no extra cost until April 25th. This (normally) pricier edition boasts a five-song soundtrack sampler as well as a digital artbook and exclusive wallpapers and avatars.

They removed the article, so either he jumped the gun or someone tricked them. Either way, we'll see if it comes out today.

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
The countdown on the teaser site was fucked up and it was counting down a different amount of time depending on the time zone. Even someone from Platinum in Japan got caught by it, tweeting Bayonetta's picture when timer hit 0 few hours ago. Probably that is why the article went online one hour earlier than it should. :salute:

Quatlo

Arcane
I'm going to five finger discount it and test the waters, I dont really want to wait for emulators to finally work well with Bayo so I hope its at least serviceable.
I'll give you my impressions soon.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Game has aged well.
This means that B2 and Vanqish will get PC port if sales will be great as it were for Nier.

Bayonetta is one of the most often requested PC conversions of our games, so finally being able to launch it on Steam is fantastic. There’s more to come!

I imagine Vanquish is 2 on the list, so..

Bayonetta 2 is owned by Nintendo, so probably not happening any time soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom