Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They did a very decent job making dungeons this time.

Malpercio

Arcane
Mementos is very shot and basically a dump for demons/sub-quests. It's not the Tartarus, come on.

GarlandExCon

Arcane
Is it just me or are the dungeons significantly more challenging this time. I feel like in Persona 4 I could do 2 - 3 floors of a dungeon in one go. This time I'm lucky if I get done with one.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
BTW are Japanese voices part of BD, or do everyone must download them from PSN?

Repressed Homosexual
I don't like the second dungeon and boss, it's too fucking corny and gay, especially his "assistant".

Why am I constantly being paused and recited a cutscene? I don't remember Persona 3 and 4 holding your hand that much, this late in the game.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I don't like the second dungeon and boss, it's too fucking corny and gay, especially his "assistant".

Why am I constantly being paused and recited a cutscene? I don't remember Persona 3 and 4 holding your hand that much, this late in the game.

Persona 5 has a lot more railroading than previous entries and that's how it's going to be throughout the whole game.

BTW are Japanese voices part of BD, or do everyone must download them from PSN?
I bought the physical disk and I had to download them from the psn store, they are there as a free dlc.
Atlus makes finally enjoyable game and they fucks again. Would it kill them to include JAP voices on disc?

a 2 gb dl isn't that big a deal, man.

Repressed Homosexual
Well, it's not really incline if the game holds your hand constantly instead of letting you crash and burn.

I also despise all the party members, who are all annoying and don't have anything to say, especially that horrible little cat mascot. Atlus has upped this factor to the nth degree, no doubt directly to create more memes on the Internet and thus more free marketing.

The only NPC I really like is Sojiro, who hosts you, and who is obviously a very jaded and cynical adult, who appears to treat you with contempt, but ultimately cares about you.

Cromwell

Arcane

while I would agree that its annoying, I wouldnt count the second dungeon as "late in the game" regardless of the hours you have spent until then. But I agree it makes no sense to give you timeslots and a schedule to fill when you are often unable to acrtually do something because the story demands otherwise, if thats what the story demands just scrap the sim part.

On the other hand I am glad they didnt go the P3 way where nothing ever happens until a gazillion hours into the game and even then you always have to wait until the next full moon to get a bit of overall story.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Spent yesterday playing 10 hours straight, i'm in mementos now, 10/10

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I actually like Morgana. Decent character, has relevance to the plot beyond being the butt end of every joke and has a good moveset.

The plot being more heavy handed is indeed a bit of a shame, but there are ways around it. Leveling your confindant with your teacher unlocks useful stuff, like being able to pay her to do your laundry or brew coffee for you, make thieves tools or read books during classes and give you massages after you come from a Palace / Mementos so you can do evening activities even after being in the metaverse.

Also many Confidants boost your social stats as well so leveling them up will be killing two birds with one stone.

Hyperion

Arcane
I haven't even had the time to play enough to get into the first dungeon and I already knew teacher would be best waifu. Great tip to have for playing.

Jinn

Arcane
I haven't felt particularly boxed in by the story or time moving forward honestly, but I have pushed extremely close to the deadline on the first two dungeons, so maybe that's a bad thing. I've liked the pressure I've felt on those last few days though, as if everything is truly at stake and everything is just a moment away from falling apart.

I've been able to evenly develop my relationships, social stats, dungeon crawling stats, and personas without any problem. I do agree that the story tends to interject itself a little too frequently in the first 10 hours or so, but it seems to have evened out quite nicely through the second dungeon, and I've even had some nice free time to do whatever I want after the end of the second dungeon.

Also, been playing on hard and it's been a nice challenge, but nothing insane so far. I've had probably about 5-6 game overs total so far. Anyways, really loving this game! Hands down best Persona game of P3-P5 in my opinion.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
but I have pushed extremely close to the deadline on the first two dungeons, so maybe that's a bad thing

It doesn't matter, if you would do the whole dungeon in 1 day you still have to wait untill the deadline.... so as the loadin screen says........ Take Your Time

Hands down best Persona game of P3-P5 in my opinion

For me it's the best RPG since Baldur's Gate 2

SumDrunkGuy

I desperately wanna make hot sweaty love to shady doctor lady. Asian goth chicks give me a never-ending boner. And that loosely worn lab coat shes strutting around in aint fucking helping matters hnnnnng

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Udmurt waifu is bestest waifu...

9f474f59f476f708788a23c1ac8552d0.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
17 hours in and still have nothing about a waifu... my kindness is at 0 and i'm halfway on 2nd dungeon, my biggest s.skill is chariot at level 5 and my highest persona is level 18

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom