Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Ash

Arcane
Edit: [redacted thanks aimed at PCGamesN]

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
huh, they've updated the article about GMDX turning it into one pimping Revision, overriding the original article.

decline.png

Fucking hell.

:0-13:

quality is irrelevant.

Ash

Arcane
Before it was an article solely about GMDX entering public beta, and even included mention of how GMDX is "universally endorsed over Revision on reddit", now it's an article primarily about Revision despite even having "GMDX enters public beta" in the URL.

The Anti-Santa

Learned
It's a conspiracy! No really, why does revision get so much public backing? It's not like any money is directly made from it.

If it is just to pump up Deus Ex sales (as if it needed any more exposure) why can't they highlight different mods for it on a regular basis?

Fishy.

RoSoDude

Arcane
Here we have a mod for one of the best PC games ever created, consistently regarded as the "definitive Deus Ex experience", which faithfully pushes the game to its potential, yet is mostly unknown by the community at large. On the other hand we have a mod, hyped beyond belief, which absolutely butchers the game on an objective level (outright broken elements, awful design choices and inconsistencies abound), yet is receiving all the attention and even gaming "news" sites are letting it steal the spotlight. In the end, it's corporate contracts and marketing that determine success.

Bill Hicks had it right those many years ago:

grimace

Arcane
We counter-shill.

Promote purchase of Deus EX GOTY on GOG and installation of GMDX.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Hopefully GMDX's new graphic and area-structure improvements will make it much more known.

Black

Arcane
It's a conspiracy! No really, why does revision get so much public backing? It's not like any money is directly made from it.

If it is just to pump up Deus Ex sales (as if it needed any more exposure) why can't they highlight different mods for it on a regular basis?

Fishy.
For some unknown reason it's the "official" DX mod. Why and how, we may never know.
I suspect underdesk sex.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron

Black

Arcane
Yes, we don't need to fear autism, we need to embrace and weaponize it.
Besides, if you're not on the spectrum you probably don't enjoy rpgs anyway.

Ash

Arcane
Are you in on the beta? If so, you could try reverting to v5.3 of Kenties Launcher, if that worked for you before in v8.0.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Are you in on the beta? If so, you could try reverting to v5.3 of Kenties Launcher, if that worked for you before in v8.0.
Yeah, caught you by Email.

I was never able to get 8.0 to run correctly - needed a reformat anyway. Ah, I might just drop the res to 720 for a while, less of a headache. So many modded games now, hard to keep track.

Good job with the installer as well ;)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, caught you by Email.

I was never able to get 8.0 to run correctly - needed a reformat anyway. Ah, I might just drop the res to 720 for a while, less of a headache. So many modded games now, hard to keep track.

Good job with the installer as well ;)
What I did: Run the game in a custom windowed resolution <1080p. (IIRC I used 1680x945) and then used Windowed Borderless Gaming to get it to borderless fullscreen.

Ash

Arcane
You can rate and review Revision on GOG.
https://af.gog.com/game/deus_ex_revision?as=1649904300

First review:
In short it’s a poor mans version of the much superior GMDX MOD which you can find here http://genericname112.wixsite.com/gmdx

:hero:

*browses over the whole shit show*

Too fucking funny: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_deus_ex_revision_free_mod_2b416/post153

I'm supposed to remain silent in times like these, but really, that image depicts it best (whoever made it deserves a medal), and I'm not surprised the informed portion of the fanbase is up in arms. Also if you download Deus Ex from GoG Revision comes bundled within like adware, and you have to downgrade your game version to be able to play the original or some shit like that. I don't know I'm far too busy right now to keep up.

Last edited by a moderator:

grimace

Arcane
*browses over the whole shit show*

. Also if you download Deus Ex from GoG Revision comes bundled within like adware, and you have to downgrade your game version to be able to play the original or some shit like that. I don't know I'm far too busy right now to keep up.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE !!!

I need to complain on GOG. How do I do that?

pippin

Checked my game in Galaxy, it apparently received the "Revision Update", that probably means you get the update to be able to install Revision? Because it is still listed as a separate product, and it even appears as a product you can "buy".
I don't have DE currently installed but in the rollback section apparently you still have the option from two years ago.

I tried Revision on Steam and it gave me annoyingly long loading times and some lag, even. I admit I am playing it on a toaster but I had no problem whatsoever when I tried the normal version with New Vision.

Edit. found this in the "update" thread

Deus Ex™ GOTY Edition has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: DLC: Deus Ex Revision: Full achievements list --- File name: revision_full_achievements_list.zip --- File size: 3.3 MB --- Date: Fri 07 Apr 2017 09:36:03 GMT --- Version: [empty]

* File added: DLC: Deus Ex Revision: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 2) --- File name: setup_deus_ex_revision_2.0.0.2.exe --- File size: 32.0 MB --- Date: Fri 07 Apr 2017 09:39:44 GMT --- Version: gog-2

* File added: DLC: Deus Ex Revision: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 2) --- File name: setup_deus_ex_revision_2.0.0.2-1.bin --- File size: 2.5 GB --- Date: Fri 07 Apr 2017 09:43:04 GMT --- Version: gog-2

[NO CHANGELOG]

So it implies there's a separate installer for Revision. But they do not clarify as to what extent the original game was changed.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
This shit makes my blood boil. It's so fucking sad that lots of people will probably try Deus Ex for the first time and get duped into installing that piece of shit along with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom