Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is inXile better than Fagsidian? Do they make better games? Is WL2 less brain damaging than PoE?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
That's right , you cant ya goof.

If you patch it all the way, add 219312 mods, wait 2 more years, then maybe you can squeeze one half-decent playthrough.

Retard, calm down. PoE is garbage, I was just making fun of that list of yours which supposedly made it hard to choose, but was so obviously biased against PoE.

Until you address the topic at hand I don't think your "obviously biased" BS carries any merit

At least I volunteered to measure which is more shit , show some gratitude if you wont contribute, moron

Last edited:

GloomFrost

Arcane
Quickly, name me 3 good things about PoE, you cuck
I dont really care that much about POE but
1-Nice looking 2d isometric graphics
2-Music that creates like half of the atmosphere in the game
3-A lot of different character creation builds (classes, races, abilities etc)
Also POE gets like 100 times better after 2 expansion packs and 3.05 patch

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
FUCK YOU

Wasteland 2 was bad, but at least it was playable. Torment was literally unplayable for longer than two hours for me.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Finally something I can reason with, kind stranger you are

1 - Noted. I'd even add that some environments are gorgeous. But many isometric games have fairly nice-looking visuals, its not rare, its not very hard, and it does nothing for core gameplay
2 - Music is fairly decent, nothing memorable though. The menu theme becomes vomit after 2 days
3 - None of which were balanced. Chanters, Druids and Cyphers rekt everything, Rogues and Monks sucked ass. Everyone picked Godlikes, maybe Orlans, none picked Dwarves and Elves. The whole blind pursuit of all-mighty Balance was for naught.

4 - So did WL2 with DC

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
There is still hope for Obsidian, there is none for InXile.

I'd say it's the other way around.

At least WL3 will have some decent C&C compared to Sid Meier's Pirates of Eternity. With each game they're going deeper and deeper into The Sims territory.

And stop insulting Obsidian and KotOR by calling it Obsidian when it's clearly neo-Fagsidian.

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
Disagree with 3. The races are basically simply palette swaps. Except for the Orlans I think which add to crit or something. Moreso, your race is hardly ever acknowledged in the game.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I don't see why obvious incompetents (ShitXile) are been compared to a quality studio with a few flaws (Obsidian)

Disagree with 3. The races are basically simply palette swaps. Except for the Orlans I think which add to crit or something. Moreso, your race is hardly ever acknowledged in the game.

The same is true in the Infinity Engine games. PoE is actually a better game than BG1 in many ways.

GloomFrost

Arcane

1 - Noted. I'd even add that some environments are gorgeous. But many isometric games have fairly nice-looking visuals, its not rare, its not very hard, and it does nothing for core gameplay
2 - Music is fairly decent, nothing memorable though. The menu theme becomes vomit after 2 days
3 - None of which were balanced. Chanters, Druids and Cyphers rekt everything, Rogues and Monks sucked ass. Everyone picked Godlikes, maybe Orlans, none picked Dwarves and Elves. The whole blind pursuit of all-mighty Balance was for naught.

4 - So did WL2 with DC
I actually never said that POE was some flawless masterpiece, just named couple of things i personally enjoyed. Also this thread is mostly about comparing POE to W2 and i think poe wins hands down. Lets go again :)
1 Visuals-you must admit that W2 didnt just look bad at the start, it looked horrendous, that cheap 3d with an awkward camera and God awful character models.....
2Music-yeah I know that Mark Morgan himself wrote it for W2 but there is no way in hell you can call music in POE forgettable but say anything good about w2 soundtrack, i actually wanted to switch it off when i got to LA.
3 Balance and character builds oh man dont get me started...... having critical failures when you have like 90% chance to open the lock......
4 Directors cut was a nice improvement (especially considering that people who already owned W2 got it for free) but it can not be compared to what POE was at the release and what it is now.
As for companies themselves. I can not possibly forgive inxile after what they did with torment, after they spat on people who actually made it possible to create that game. inxile is dead to me.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

4 - So did WL2 with DC
I actually never said that POE was some flawless masterpiece, just named couple of things i personally enjoyed. Also this thread is mostly about comparing POE to W2 and i think poe wins hands down. Lets go again :)
1 Visuals-you must admit that W2 didnt just look bad at the start, it looked horrendous, that cheap 3d with an awkward camera and God awful character models.....
2Music-yeah I know that Mark Morgan himself wrote it for W2 but there is no way in hell you can call music in POE forgettable but say anything good about w2 soundtrack, i actually wanted to switch it off when i got to LA.
3 Balance and character builds oh man dont get me started...... having critical failures when you have like 90% chance to open the lock......
4 Directors cut was a nice improvement (especially considering that people who already owned W2 got it for free) but it can not be compared to what POE was at the release and what it is now.
As for companies themselves. I can not possibly forgive inxile after what they did with torment, after they spat on people who actually made it possible to create that game. inxile is dead to me.

1 Visuals - OK PoE wins in this category
2 Music - I honestly didn't think much of either, let's call it a tie. Music in both is forgettable
3 - I don't think a variety of builds is an asset when they're all so imbalanced and so shit. Like I said, gimme some motivation to play a Dwarf Rogue or an Elf Monk... Bored with Godlike Druids/Chanters/Priests/Ciphers and Orlan Fighters who're all EZ mode
4 - Why do you think DC is less of an improvement than White Marsh/3.05? They both made shitty games more bearable.

As for Numanuma, the main thing that ruined it for me is called Effort.... a blasphemous resource mechanic has no place here

Last edited:

Shilandra

Learned
Came to this thread to try and find some good reasons to continue my PoE playthough. Have to say I was dissapointed.

I swear I've started this game over at least 4 seperate times and my interest in it always dies right after getting to the 1st city. I dont know why but considering I've made it through both tyranny and numenera getting through pillars should be an absolute breeze.

Maybe I'm just to casual for pillars but it feels like the game isn't even trying to grab me and keep me playing. There aren't a lot of positive opinions on W2 itt but maybe I can get farther into it than I did with pillars.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Came to this thread to try and find some good reasons to continue my PoE playthough. Have to say I was dissapointed.

I swear I've started this game over at least 4 seperate times and my interest in it always dies right after getting to the 1st city.

That's because Pillars is 9/10 or 8/10 up until the big tree. After the big tree it's 5/10. And after Twin Elms it's 2/10.

At least WL2 was more coherent.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
With WL2 InXile feels like an eager indie studio trying a bit too hard to create some sort of modern classic and always falling way short and feeling forced; meanwhile Obsidian appears to have a bit more matured touch for designin narratives and systems with PoE, but their touch is dry to the point of feeling like chewing sawdust.

I found both games passable overall, good at places and shit at others (good for what it is(tm)), no legends in the making here, but Wasteland 2 kept me going for longer, so it is the better of the two due to TB combat and more interesting setting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom