Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

StarCraft: Remastered

passerby

Arcane
I think the painted ones, are concept art pieces used as placeholders in the current build, but they're going to make animated 3d renders based on them for release, like the battlecruiser one. Hope so, at least.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I think unlike the shitty torment remaster, starcraft HD is well worth the money.

EE are just a cash grab.

Despite anything one may think of Blizzard, their production standard was always high. Whereas it's doubtful the faggots at Bumdog even have standards, unless various shades of SJW faggotry count.

Last edited:
I can still shit on Blizzard for when they said that they wouldn't remake WC 1/2 and Diablo 1 because they "weren't fun to play".

I can still shit on Blizzard for when they said that they wouldn't remake WC 1/2 and Diablo 1 because they "weren't fun to play".
I would love to see remasters of these games myself but you must admit that campaign and multiplayer in WC 1/2 couldn't possibly be compared to campaign and multiplayer in WC 3.

I'd say the campaign design in WC2 is at least as good as that of SC. WC2's missions have more dimensions thanks to naval units and are more interesting to beat than e.g. spamming 100 Hydralisks.

MilesBeyond

Cipher
I would love to see remasters of these games myself but you must admit that campaign and multiplayer in WC 1/2 couldn't possibly be compared to campaign and multiplayer in WC 3.

I'd say the campaign design in WC2 is at least as good as that of SC. WC2's missions have more dimensions thanks to naval units and are more interesting to beat than e.g. spamming 100 Hydralisks.

SC 1 vanilla, possibly. BW really upped the ante on campaign design and is a major improvement (although the Zerg campaign not as much. Feels a bit rushed). But I definitely agree that WC 1 and 2 are a lot of fun, and saying they "weren't fun to play" is not a good reason to avoid remaking them.

SC 1 vanilla, possibly. BW really upped the ante on campaign design and is a major improvement (although the Zerg campaign not as much. Feels a bit rushed). But I definitely agree that WC 1 and 2 are a lot of fun, and saying they "weren't fun to play" is not a good reason to avoid remaking them.

Ehh, BW still has problems where you only have 8 missions, 4 of them have you at low tech limits like a training mission and 2 of them are missions without a buildable base, so you are left with 2 solid missions per campaign. WC2 OTOH has 15 missions so everything from the middle on gets to be pretty meaty. And Beyond the Dark Portal doesn't have BW's problem, most of the missions are really nice.

Not that SC's campaign is bad, but WC2's can hold its own pretty well.

GloomFrost

Arcane

Listen we all know that the real reason why they dont bother with WC1/2 is that it is not a national sport in South Korea. SC HD will sell like crazy when it comes out, but how many people are actually going to buy WC??

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Pretty sure Diablo is next... I cannot recall where but I read in an interview recently that they're interested in re-igniting old Blizz classics.

Any time you read about Diablo and a number is unspecified, it's usually safe to assume that they are talking about Diablo 2. Diablo 1 is popularly considered to be some dusty old relic I think.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
PTR Update #4 is up.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20754055422

Greetings Cerebrates,

We're proud to role out our fourth iteration of the PTR. We continue to spend countless hours pouring over your feedback; it has been invaluable. We salute your efforts.

Specific Changes & Improvements

Creating a new game will reuse the last created game’s name
Old chat logs will be removed when switching user accounts
Join Games screen will now remember the last selected game type filter

Bug Fixes

Fixed game crash when attempting to create units with invalid owners in custom maps
Fixed crashes caused by prior OpenGL 2.1 implementation
Fixed crash when navigating between Game Search, Chat, and Create screens

Please use this thread for bug reports and feedback.

Cheers,
Pete

DramaticPopcorn

Basically, it's outdated because autor doesn't like it. Who is he, again?

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

Well they aren't exactly wrong in WC1's case. WC2 can hold on it's own easily and is great game to play again and again whereas WC1, which I finish at least once a year due to nostalgic reasons is source of many frustrations, the gameplay itself with it's limited unit selection and retarded as fuck AI is not just fun to play in itself. I'd love to see what remaster could do to it, but as an independent game, it hasn't aged well.

Well they aren't exactly wrong in WC1's case. WC2 can hold on it's own easily and is great game to play again and again whereas WC1, which I finish at least once a year due to nostalgic reasons is source of many frustrations, the gameplay itself with it's limited unit selection and retarded as fuck AI is not just fun to play in itself. I'd love to see what remaster could do to it, but as an independent game, it hasn't aged well.

Sure, but upressing WC1's sprites should be pretty quick since there's so little actual content, and it would still work together as some kind of "Warcraft Classic" 2 for 1 pack or something priced cheaply.

MilesBeyond

Cipher

Though to be fair, BW desperately needs the ability to reassign hotkeys, which thankfully the remastered will be giving us. Aside from that, though, I have no idea what he's on about. The interface itself is pretty bog-standard RTS that we saw before and continued to see afterwards. I don't even know what "control design" means. You hit the buttons and they immediately do what they should. Does he mean limited control groups? Because those sure as hell aren't going away any time soon. The only issue I have with BW's controls is that, like I said, some of the hotkeys are dumb.

Though to be fair, BW desperately needs the ability to reassign hotkeys, which thankfully the remastered will be giving us.

Can already be done on the freely available PTR version.

As for control design he probably means lack of multi building select and multi cast and stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom