Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Darth Roxor do you also specialize the bros for spears?

Yeah, otherwise spearwall is not very gud. With the spec, you can just send a master baiter ahead, pop spearwall and typically keep pushing everyone away. And in the unlikely event that one dude gets through, you shield bash/pike poke/gobbo crossbow him away, then spearwall again. Profit.

AMG

Arbiter
In early access contracts on graveyards often started with you in a corner and a larger amount of enemies spread on the map that walked to you. Now I always get a normal battlefield, did it get removed? It was a nice change of pace and it was a cool scenario that let you feel like you're fighting off a swarm without completely overpowering you.

Also on expert the contract balance is rather annoying. Day 60 and I've been figting almost exclusively bandits, because contracts on everything else are either too risky or too rare. It's getting rather stale.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
In early access contracts on graveyards often started with you in a corner and a larger amount of enemies spread on the map that walked to you. Now I always get a normal battlefield, did it get removed?

It seems like it. The only exception so far I've seen is when you get ambushed in a forest - then you can start scattered in the centre while baddies are placed all around you

rezaf

Cipher
Why are you bringing archers to a fight versus ancient undead? Arrows do nothing to them, except the aforementioned teleporting archer-murderers.

Rest of the post is pretty reasonable, godspeed sir.

Basically what oasis wrote, but I also gave my archers pikes and stuff so they can carry their weight from the back row.
But the Necros even slaughter my guys with shieldwalled tower shields at an alarming frequency.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
J0AbqB.jpg

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

It's bug free and has enough content for at least 20 hours until it might start getting repetitive.

fixed and thats still generous

jungl

Augur
spears not a too bad weapon I found one that does more damage then military machete in shop but was too expensive.

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
Day 195 got Greenskin invasion and lost 3 cities so far. Got a little spending money but no good recruits worth dumping money into, and existing people are not strong enough to wear heavy armor. Wonder how long I can last without trying to beat the invasion.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Day 195 got Greenskin invasion and lost 3 cities so far. Got a little spending money but no good recruits worth dumping money into, and existing people are not strong enough to wear heavy armor. Wonder how long I can last without trying to beat the invasion.

Better learn greenspeech quick :)

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter

Better learn greenspeech quick :)

Retirement, the magic button that will let you NOPE out of anything.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Cmon 20 hours are not enough even for the initial 10 failures and rage quits

The game keeps its edge on Ironman. It seems balanced for it too, although I never got to the lategame myself. Without Ironman I imagine it would become boring pretty quick... reloading to get the results you want must be a total bore. I did play a normal game for a little while, messing around to get the best recruits ; at first it was cool, but then you just have to realise how empty it is. I'd like to know if Dragonfireheart or whatever faggot it is (I can't keep up with these monkeys) plays ironman or not with all these complaints. If not we'll probably see some inane sarcastic joke about hardcore gamers and ironman mode, I don't know, just toss this nonsense down the sewers. I know there's a guy who played this game for hundreds of hours in this thread and is constantly complaining in nasal, whiny voice ; he should evacuate, or we'll get the same shit as the Darkest Dungeon thread. This would be singularly bad

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Use 2H + heavy armor. 1 swing per round (unless you get berserk) can be recovered from fully on greatsword iirc. So even if you only have 30 stamina, regular swings will work.
At day 195 not having your guys strong enough for heavy armor... You like to live dangerously I guess :D

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
Use 2H + heavy armor. 1 swing per round (unless you get berserk) can be recovered from fully on greatsword iirc. So even if you only have 30 stamina, regular swings will work.
At day 195 not having your guys strong enough for heavy armor... You like to live dangerously I guess :D

In actuality I am just a huge pussy. I don't take any mission that I cannot dictate the terms of engagement, such locations and who I fight with.

Next run (if I finish this and ever do another) should be better now that I have a good grasp how the game works.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
It's bug free and has enough content for at least 20 hours until it might start getting repetitive.

fixed and thats still generous

Do not joke around.
It is max 10 hours and only because default speed is so slow.
Believe me I have hundreds hours experience so I know what I am writing. Now excuse me I gonna complain some more how this game is terrible and devs are literally nazis when I am playing a ironman.
Do not forget:
this GAME IS TERRIBLE waste of time

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Its suppose to be a joke.
Dunno if I make terrible jokes that only mine warped sense of humor can understand or you guys just lack sense of humor.
I could explain it but that would kill it. With fire.

Also who is this Celerity?
I look at his post history and well he look pretty full of himself at last. Is he butthurted over Darkest Dungeon or something? Not mention he definitely lack style.

Last edited:

Emily

Arcane
How the fuck do you deal with zombies+geists+fallen hero. Oh and there is 30 of them.

Literaly impossible.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
The best way I found was just turtling in close formation so bannerman and 2nd sergeant have range to all guys and just slowly chop zombies and then kill gheists with split or pikes. or run 2nd sergeant and guy with undead trophy to them after culling undead ranks.
Overall ignoring gheist and just sniping necro and killing zombies.
Rallying troops and stay cool.
Having leveled resolve on line soldiers and/plus some witchhunters help. High level high resolve bannerman too.
Sending lone guys to flank get them routed and killed.

Emily

Arcane
The best way I found was just turtling in close formation so bannerman and 2nd sergeant have range to all guys and just slowly chop zombies and then kill gheists with split or pikes. or run 2nd sergeant and guy with undead trophy to them after culling undead ranks.
Overall ignoring gheist and just sniping necro and killing zombies.
Rallying troops and stay cool.
Having leveled resolve on line soldiers and/plus some witchhunters help. High level high resolve bannerman too.
Sending lone guys to flank get them routed and killed.
In my game it just doesn't work. In three turns they start mass breaking,and since there are 30 of them it is just not enough time. Although I dont have a 2nd sergeant,which seems like a mistake when I think about it.
Undead are too strong in this game. Never mind the necrosavants and necromancers who make a zombie attack 3 times with some crazy bonus.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
It works for me.
Just make sure that your rally bots have enough fatigue.
And have enough damage to kill zombies fast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom