Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Also, a Peter Molyneux smilie:

"I've a profound vision to share."

rcBrS527.jpg
molyneux.png

EDIT: fixed image hosting fuckery

Last edited:
Unwanted

Hando

Unwanted
Also, what are the requirements for the ability to bestow a goldfist? DamnedRegistrations was kind enough to goldfist me yesterday, and it was quite euphoric.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Gimme all butans plz lol
"Imagine a world where one button does everything. Simplicity. That's what you really want."
molyneux.png

6 Years Ago:
Why Fable is an Embarrassment to Video Games -
-It’s not my fault B is a “win button” nor should I be the one responsible for making the game more difficult by handicapping myself. - Iunrealitymag
"...imagine a world where journalists didn't have human rights."
molyneux.png

illuknisaa

Cipher
How did some codexers get kitty button? I even suggested it in this very thread (or some other thread, idk). I can even trade this shitty doggy button for it.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
In return I'll give you some CSS I wrote to turn this:
uMDfj5m.png

into this:
Q5yx1HI.png

As promised.
Code:
  /* remove post rating descriptions being shown inline when <5 different ratings are applied */
  /* this change fucks with the layout pretty badly for some reason, but it's the only way to hide the content */
  ul.dark_postrating_outputlist > li {
    font-size: 0px;  
  }

/* using flex for the container groups the image with its count again */
  ul.dark_postrating_outputlist {
    display: flex;
  }

/* this float fixes the layout of the images */
  ul.dark_postrating_outputlist > li > img {
    float: left;
  }

/* since we're hiding the content of the list, and this includes the rating name and the x, we generate a CSS x before it */
  ul.dark_postrating_outputlist > li > strong::before {
    font-size: 11px;
    content: " x ";
    font-style: normal;
  }

/* return normal styling for the counter, which is only doable because that got put inside a <strong> tag */
  ul.dark_postrating_outputlist > li > strong {
    margin-left: 2px;
  }

/* return normal styling for the list button */
  ul.dark_postrating_outputlist > li:last-child {
    display: inline;
  }

I wouldn't suggest using it because it makes certain assumptions that are only true when logged in and able to rate - namely that 'list' button being there.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Massive decline across all threads. If the rating system were actually meant to communicate, (about ten of them are), it might be useful. Instead, we have a batch of Codex baboons hurling the same arsenal of canned jokes at each other. The system grows worse the longer we leave it to rot. Awful.

#draintheswamp

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom