Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Today I got my boxed copy.

WTF, guys. This box is a loveless piece of shit and I waited for it for four fucking years. The Wasteland boxed copy looks way better. TORMENT IS JUST A FUCKING BLACK BOX. They didn't even put a logo on the side and there are no pictures and texts on the back of it. Now when I put it in the shelf it's just a fucking black box.
Did they run of money because of the consol version? I'm disgusted. What about something like a note or a "thank you for backing us"? Jesus, you just can't do it that way.

That's right, newfag! Just a black box.

s-l1600.jpg
Another loveless piece of shit game that ran out of money because of the console version with also no cock-sucking messages from the part of the developers for buying this piece of black crap.
I feel disgusted too!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That's right, newfag! Just a black box.

Another loveless piece of shit game that ran out of money because of the console version with also no cock-sucking messages from the part of the developers for buying this piece of black crap.
I feel disgusted too!

That Ultima logo looks incredibly stylish and it makes thematic sense for The Black Gate to come in a black box. Serpent Isle had that wicked serpent on the cover. There's no reasoning other than laziness as for why Tides of Numenera is just a pitch black box.

By the by it's not like they didn't have art to use. http://i.imgur.com/kzWCQH0.jpg would have been pretty freaking neat or perhaps http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/torment/images/e/ee/SS_3.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150708153444 but that's ineptitude for ya.

You guys will go down in history as part of a strange group in a strange time that for some reason, revered old games and hated new ones that provided the same things. It's like nostalgia or your big brother figured out what games were good and told you, and when new ones come along you think about it like all the other people who hate games that will go down as timeless. You hate new games for reasons that should disqualify the old ones and you think you're being clever but you're just making this website a worthless rathole of stupid bitter morons.

Black Angel

Arcane
You guys will go down in history as part of a strange group in a strange time that for some reason, revered old games and hated new ones that provided the same things. It's like nostalgia or your big brother figured out what games were good and told you, and when new ones come along you think about it like all the other people who hate games that will go down as timeless. You hate new games for reasons that should disqualify the old ones and you think you're being clever but you're just making this website a worthless rathole of stupid bitter morons.
:edgy:

Chris Avelltwo

Scholar

But it isn't blind hate for no reason. PST wasn't an SJW cuckfest like T:ToN is - PST was also an actual game with combat and gameplay instead of just walls of text. It seems like when making T:ToN it was considered that there would be combat there at one point because of all the skills and cyphers and so on, but how often do you ever use any of that? In fact, it is technically possible to avoid all combat entirely.

Also, if you take the time you look at the user reviews on Steam you will see it isn't just this site who are "stupid bitter morons". Lots of people outside of this site were disappointed with it. Why do you think Brian Fargo announced he's going to retire? Even he has accepted the game was a failure, even though he was in denial about it for a few weeks. Eventually you will too. You prolly just picked up the game for the first time so you don't see the problems yet, but believe me you will.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
That Ultima logo looks incredibly stylish and it makes thematic sense for The Black Gate to come in a black box.

SANY0074.JPG

Another example of stylish black box.

But that was made by a designer not by some deviantart reject who thinks putting some swirls in the corners is design.

If you think Numanuma is just the same as PST, then you are seriously deranged in the head and have terrible, terrible taste and critical thinking.
But hey at least you're not bitter amirite lolol who wants to be bitter ignorance is bliss lolol

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

If you fail to see that nowadays games are made for "mom and pops from Oklahoma" and are not from a somewhat niche industry like it was in the '90s and because of that the the end product dropped in quality because it must appeal to a wider audience (from the foaming frat boy who must feel empowered to the girl that never shaved her pussy once in her life ) and if you fail to see also that iconic persons from the golden era of games are now burnouts that try to replicate the past glory and the new ones are out of focus politically correct pampered hippies or freakouts that shove their own agendas in their games and if you also fail to acknowledge that gaming industry now is truly big business and where if there's a ton of money (literally) for a game also any sense of pushing the envelope is something for the realm of fantasy, then you are right. All is well.

Last edited:

Did we play the same game? Mine was a pile of shit

Send me your copy

hello friend

Arcane
gaming industry now is truly big business and where if there's a ton of money (literally) for a game also any sense of pushing the envelope is something for the realm of fantasy, then you are right
This is the puzzling bit. Video game production is a high risk, low reward industry. Triple A producers have to keep producing triple A shovelware just to stay in business, and the people in charge are invariably so clueless about their chosen industry all they do is buy up IPs and run them into the ground. If you're trying to make a killing, you're in the wrong place. Notch was a black swan. And speaking of, if you want to make a lot of money making games - while keeping your company in business - the best way to do it seems to be with a small team on the cheap (within reason, don't want to oversaturate your niche). It's still a crapshoot, but it seems to me that running tons of small studios with adequately talented individuals would give you better chances in the long run. And even then, might as well be a professional poker player or in finance. And these people are clearly not gamers. Why on earth are they wasting their time on this industry?

I don't get it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=17684&start=40#p185263

Hey guys, there has been some confusion about the Traveler's Guide/manual that we've been looking into.

When creating the manual, we agreed with Techland that there should be two versions, the full backer version and a shorter one. We provided separate text for both of them, with the Traveler's Guide being ~30 pages vs. the full manual's ~80 pages (before formatting).

inXile requested samples of the retail and backer boxes from Techland, however, as of now, none have been sent, so we've been unable to verify this. However, based on the comments and photos/videos we've seen online, it appears Techland instead took the full backer manual, formatted it to fit into 40 pages (though they didn't remove contents from what we can see), and then called it the Traveler's Guide. Rather than having two separate versions, they instead used the same one for all boxes, which was not what we agreed on.

We are assuming there was some kind of misunderstanding on Techland's end, but regardless, we are not happy to hear that the contents seem to have been changed without our input, and will be following up with Techland about this.

:lol:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
:hero:

techland is totally under Fargo's control guise

Edit:

As expected, it was sea who wrote that load of shit. Yeah, I can't wait you to "follow up" with Techland. I'm sure that's going to do wonders.

Gunnar

Arbiter
Yeah, I can't wait you to "follow up" with Techland. I'm sure that's going to do wonders.

Techland to InXile: "Game manual development is not a straight line. We decided that cutting this content would result in a better overall experience for the end user. We didn't say anything because we got so caught up in the development of this game box."

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's always hard to satisfy each and every person's exact preferences (and we know our supporters have high standards), but from the comments and photos we've seen on social media and elsewhere, it definitely seems most backers are happy with the results.

Fuck off, sea.

Saduj

Arcane
We are assuming there was some kind of misunderstanding on Techland's end, but regardless, we are not happy to hear that the contents seem to have been changed without our input, and will be following up with Techland about this.

Meanwhile over at Techland:

:creamyblood:

agris

Arcane
Patron
It's always hard to satisfy each and every person's exact preferences (and we know our supporters have high standards), but from the comments and photos we've seen on social media and elsewhere, it definitely seems most backers are happy with the results.

Fuck off, sea.
Humanity suits you, keep it up.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Maybe by the time they actually ship mine out they will have patched the box too. I didn't think I could feel stupider about those pledges at this point but inXile sure like to surprise me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom