Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, I got the greenskin invasion. I killed a shit load of them so far, but they still managed to sack two towns. Anyway, how do I know how things are going? Just by looking at the map, it seem I'm about to lose a couple more city because for some reason I'm the only one that stand between civilization and greenskin murder-spree.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Okay, damn. I got orc-fatigue already. Young orcs are okay, but those heavy warriors. Ugh. And the goblins. Now when I think about it, I think I will retire and move down south. Seem safer down there.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wtf do you mean, they just added an option to make cities not permadie. How do you mean they "dont have the handle"? :roll:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Time to try the seed "RPG Codex".
pic required (cant wait the whole 3 hours till Im back home)

Here it is:

JGJQJeG.jpg

RPG Codex didn't fit, so it had to be RPGCodex.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
That's not so bad, considering
Yeah, it's great fun if you take a caravan mission to the nearest town and it takes you around the entire map for multiple days because the people living there are too stupid to build a 1km dirt road.
theyd be stupid enough to pay u the full trip (full road mileage) for a courier job :smug:
pros n cons men

protip gear for mercs
high initiative: warhammer - strip armor first for rest of company
lower initiative: high damage weapons

What is this "high initiative" you speak of? Real men always move after their enemies to make things more fair :D

Yes, but your higher initiative merc still move first because he cannot wait a second time.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Wtf do you mean, they just added an option to make cities not permadie. How do you mean they "dont have the handle"? :roll:

What about actual 'destroy city' mechanics?
Did they change it or they still can be easily destroyed when player look at other part of the map?

Kuattro

Augur
Time to try the seed "RPG Codex".
pic required (cant wait the whole 3 hours till Im back home)

Here it is:

JGJQJeG.jpg

RPG Codex didn't fit, so it had to be RPGCodex.

Hate to break it to you gentlemen, but it doesn't seem like the game supports custom seeds.

I've used a different text, and the map is exactly the same, including town names.

Okay, now I've used another and the map is different. I think I'm going insane.

EDIT: And using the first one (my name, I'm that original) gives me the same map than using RPGCodex. Something is on for sure...

EDIT2: Okay last one I swear. The game says that you can see your map's seed if you press ESC, but either I'm blind or it's not there. So either my game is bugged, Avast is playing merry hell with BB (they added a warning about it) or they fucked up something in the update.

Last edited:

Kuattro

Augur
This meltdown would have been funnier with seperate posts :P

It's not a meltdown! I don't think so at least...

Try it, put "Kuattro", "Jimmious" or "ScoobyDo" (the other o doesn't fit). I'm getting the same map that "RPGCodex", the same-looking three starting brothers, and only two sets of enemies in the starting battle (Dagger-flail or Spear-stick) and when I press ESC it doesn't show any seed.

If I use the default seed, everything works as intended.

So as I said, either there's some problem with custom seeds, or Avast is being a cunt.

I am not insane, I swear. :negative:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
You seem to be correct Kuattro. I made a seed with your nick and got the same map and Brothers. Something is funky.

What I also noticed is that it takes forever for the AI to make their move now. Could be my computer also I guess, just updated Realtek audio drivers.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Could it be that string-only seeds create the same maps? Maybe numbers are needed?

Kuattro

Augur
You seem to be correct Kuattro. I made a seed with your nick and got the same map and Brothers. Something is funky.

What I also noticed is that it takes forever for the AI to make their move now. Could be my computer also I guess, just updated Realtek audio drivers.

Do you use Avast? Because apparently the free version is creating all sorts of problems with BB: slowdowns, crashes, saves not loading...

Could it be that string-only seeds create the same maps? Maybe numbers are needed?

I used "Flinston" (again, it's all that fits) and I got a different map, but pressing ESC showed my seed as only "f". I don't really know how hexadecimal works, but I know F is one of the letters used (I think), so maybe they're serious when they say that the seed is an hexadecimal number, yes.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Kuattro hexadecimals contain only ABCDEF from characters. I'm pretty sure if you use different combinations of these along with numbers you will always get different results

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom