Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vote For Grimoire On Steam Greenlight

Robespierre

Madame Guillotine
Patron
It's Kitten Time at the GreatCrystalShrine
Make the Codex Great Again!
I swear I've read through all the thread and I still don't understand shit. Is this game for real? Because it looks awesome.

Do you want to see more of it? I have a full copy installed on my PC in my warehouse, just follow me to this alley over here and I'll show it to you...
Doesn't work unless you look as trustworthy as Musaab

I'm pretty trustworthy.

15555.jpg

Weasel
The Gabe's move to kill Greenlight was to get the Grimoire there.
I love how it went from "old school" to "retro" to "classic" without ever being released.

Ha, the Grimoire dev cycle also encompassed "MIDI" sound going from something devs were proudly moving away from.... to a feature to highlight for classic games.

cck4Rgo.png

mondblut

Arcane
As I get older, 600+ hours of gameplay time is definitely not a good selling point for me. I don't have 600 hours to spend on a game, and even if I had, I still wouldn't unless it's the divine Magnus opus of the God King of game makers.

600 is when you have smooth turning enabled at its slowest most gorgeous glitchiness, have maximum random encounters and a wimp party. I finish it in quarter the time.

Also, "having a life" and "having a family to feed" is decline incarnated.

Weasel
Ha, the Grimoire dev cycle also encompassed "MIDI" sound going from something devs were proudly moving away from.... to a feature to highlight for classic games.

MIDI is awesome, shut up.

Never said it wasn't. Just that Cleve's perspective on it seems to have come full circle given that Grimoire is now advertised as featuring "Retro style MIDI music and 8 bit sound effects".

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Skeletony throwing himself into traffic screeching anywhere he thinks he might get some attention. As a grimoire "insider." ... "I follow Cleve around to forums! Listen to me anybody!" Net crackheads.

Last edited by a moderator:

Barbarian

Arcane
That golden baby will fly so hard you will all get tired of seeing it fly.

"Please Mr. Cleve, make that golden baby stop flying, I can't take it anymore!"

We have the best golden baby. Huge game. Unbelievable.

Do you have an older brother named Mnemonic?

We don't acknowledge him.

Skeletony throwing himself into traffic screeching anywhere he thinks he might get some attention. As a grimoire "insider." ... "I follow Cleve around to forums! Listen to me anybody!" Net crackheads.

Despite his efforts Grimoire is currently in the week's most voted list. Second place, in fact. https://af.gog.com/wishlist/games?as=1649904300 But I anticipate the greatest trends to occur once it releases on Steam.

Also, one of the staff (Judas, who as I recall posts here) there has expressed hope for a GOG release. https://af.gog.com/forum/general/so_grimoire/post552?as=1649904300

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Will you do anything about the graphical effect not timed correctly when turning, Cleve? That's really the only thing I see wrong right now.

Chamezero

it's timed correctly, the problem is that the animation doesn't have in-between frames, it's just a "turn page" effect

turn it off by default

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
I voted for it but will hold out for a GOG release.

GOG Wishlist entry here: https://af.gog.com/wishlist/games/grimoire_heralds_of_the_winged_exemplar?as=1649904300
I believe in Cleve.

I think your old friend Skeletony is also a NSA Troll. I remember when a long time ago he used to spend quite a lot of time on the Grimoire thread trying to debunk 9/11 conspiracy theories.
Guess CIA is on you, Cleve. That's a good sign. Means Grimoire isn't funded by Soros or Clinton. Incline, indeed.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Will you do anything about the graphical effect not timed correctly when turning, Cleve? That's really the only thing I see wrong right now.

He answered it in the Grimoire thread, something about making it faster and blurring it like they did it in Lands of Lore.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Just put in my vote, best of luck to Cleve, may we all survive ITZ.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom