Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

Vorark

Erudite
Biodrone Defense Force at full operational capacity.

MEA fans in a nutshell:

15yyqm9.jpg

It's the only way someone could find excuses to justify this mess of a game.

mastroego

Arcane
When you have to self-impose rules in order to have "fun" in a videogame, you know it's beyond salvation. Game over.
Without self-imposed rules Skyrim becomes a health potion hoarding simulator.
Skyrim offers a completely different kind of experience and has other strenghts, the comparison isn't fair.
Also, install Requiem.
[which is possible, incidentally, because the game is moddable, while I remember reading that ME is unmoddable]

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I blame EA Bucharest and all the gypsies working there for that.

Romanians are true continuation of Latin Dacian culture. If you continue to insult Romanian nation like this, Trajan will rise from his grave and kill you.

Thane Solus

Arcane

Dunno if this has been posted yet. Hilarious if the allegations are true.

How easy is to manipulate idiots on the net.

1) This guy provides no real info, so it might as well be shilling for EA Bioware Montreal...

2) I know a bit more about EA Bucharest studio than he knows, not that i like it, but if they received any work from Montreal, they had almost zero input to it. That's how it works when the project is not made in house, you just receive the tasks and try to complete them according to standards that are required by the producer from the outside, which is usually a retardo dumbfuck. But its easier to redirect some blame to small studio that usually works on mobile games for EA, and as third party for several major projects, mostly QA, but some more with FIFA which is a blast to hear the things i heard that happen, its quite hilarious how retarded EA is. You think that producer would take the work as it was, if he didnt like it ? lolol. They have been projects, restarted 3 times because the higher ups didn't had a clue what they want. Imagine how much money was lost doing this, and its quite common at EA, Ubisoft and so on.

3) So much research... and some of you guys already jumped like its true... so easy to shill on youtube.

4) fuck me i am defending EA Bucharest. haha! Now that's something i thought ill never do.

Meh..

Last edited:

Thane Solus

Arcane

You will be surprised how racists romanians are agaisnt gypsies, so i asure you from what i know, not one gypsi work there, and no negros or arabs, so thats more inclined than most of EA studios. But i saw some special snowflakes that looked like they came directly from EA Montreal...

I love how some try to trigger romanians with the gypsi thing, while their countries are raped by muslims and what not. Keep fighting the good fight :))) You provide some good laughs to us that actually know a bit more about Eastern "Europe"

Last edited:

Seethe

Arbiter

You got two wrong things in that. Thinking that EA Bucharest dabbles in game development and that gypsies work. Careful for strike three.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Romanians are true continuation of Latin Dacian culture. If you continue to insult Romanian nation like this, Trajan will rise from his grave and kill you.

Traian was a Roman Emperor that conquered Dacia so I don't see what he has to do with Romanian nation. Now if you said Burebista or Decebal it would make more sense. Though really Dacians have little in common with the modern Romanians besides a handful of ancient genes and having occupied the same geographic area. It's like suggesting Iraqis are Mesopotamians. Romanians are closer to Slavs and Greeks than to anything the Romans gave in a short occupation. This Dacian-Roman-Romanian continuity myth was perpetuated by Ceaucescu as part of the 'We Woz Caesarz' myth.

As for EA Bucharest, they mainly deal with QA and FIFA so much as I'd like an excuse to make fun of Romanian 'skillz', they didn't really do much technically regarding ME:A though if they were QA services for it that is something. Even so ME:A is a product of 'Superior Western Developers' so they can't blame it on others.

Last edited:

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Traian was a Roman Emperor that conquered Dacia so I don't see what he has to do with Romanian nation. Now if you said Burebista or Decebal it would make more sense. Though really Dacians have little in common with the modern Romanians besides a handful of ancient genes and having occupied the same geographic area. It's like suggesting Iraqis are Mesopotamians. Romanians are closer to Slavs and Greeks than to anything the Romans gave in a short occupation. This Dacian-Roman-Romanian continuity myth was perpetuated by Ceaucescu as part of the 'We Woz Caesarz' myth.

It was a bad joke.

donkeymong

Scholar
Whatever Codex thinks of Bioware their writers and designers DID know what they were doing back in the day. Too bad they all left or were kicked out just in time when Bioware got Frostbite to play with. MEA could've been an entertaining shitty game instead of just shitty.
Mass Effect 2 was the nail for the coffin regarding the story. Worse then a Uwe Boll movie. Space Jesus, the retarded Collector plot, high heels in combat and exposed skin in hostile
enviroments where some members of the team only wore breathers instead of helmets in vacuum. And the annoying daddy issues.

donkeymong

Scholar
Btw I've reinstalled ME2 just to have a fresh comparison between the best ME and the worst and holy jumping Jesus did I forget how fucking godawful UE3 in this game is. This fucking engine was long obsolete in ME1, it looks horrendous, the hit detection is all over the place, it's still bugged after all those years and the movement, THE MOVEMENT....holy shit kill me now. The sluggish jog will drive you crazy within the first 10 minutes and the 2-second sprint where you're locked in the forward direction simply must've been a sadistic joke on the part of Bioware.

Oh and the combat is a total ass too btw. A lot of nostalgiafaggotry about this game that's for sure. Engine and combat-wise ME2 feels like a shitty relic from 2004. But the difference between writing, characters and pacing, as compared to MEA, is immediately obvious. Whatever Codex thinks of Bioware their writers and designers DID know what they were doing back in the day. Too bad they all left or were kicked out just in time when Bioware got Frostbite to play with. MEA could've been an entertaining shitty game instead of just shitty.
Sorry, no. The movement restrictions and similar were choices bioware made, you cannot blame the unreal engine for them.

Yep, Gears of War was made using the Ue, and it had rolling and blindfire beginning with the first game.

New sales figures out... Since only the UK physical sales charts seem to report you'll just have to take this as a bellweather. In a week of no new releases Andromeda retains it's top spot....

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/mass-effect-andromeda-is-still-no-1/0180860

But look at this...

For the second week on the trot EA and BioWare’s Mass Effect: Andromeda is the UK No.1.

That equals the two week run of Mass Effect 2, and actually betters the one week Mass Effect 3 enjoyed at the top. Sales are down sharply, though, falling 78 per cent week-on-week.

:dead:

If that pattern plays out over the entire sales of the game across all countries and outlets that's a worse drop off after week one than even Dragon Age 2.

e0072368_4e653daabec2e.jpg

Even Hot-tempered Jose in his review was so pissed off he canceled the $1000 order he spunked up the wall on some plastic N7 power armor:D

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane

As for EA Bucharest, they mainly deal with QA and FIFA so much as I'd like an excuse to make fun of Romanian 'skillz', they didn't really do much technically regarding ME:A though if they were QA services for it that is something. Even so ME:A is a product of 'Superior Western Developers' so they can't blame it on others.

your mother is slav

Hellion

Arcane
These are supposed to be female Krogans, that's why their voices are so fabulous.

One would think that in Andromeda they would continue to revere the females due to the genophage still essentially being in effect and try to keep them out of harm's way but no, we just had to have female Krogan warriors in battle armor.

Thane Solus

Arcane
Oh its even more hilarious regarding that retardo video. I asked around a few devs i know and EA Bucharest doesn't even have a 3D art department for triple A games. They mostly do programming, level design and QA. They do have graphics artists but mostly 2D for their mobile game department.

Its fucking hilarious the shilling on youtube... And they want to fight the old media lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom