Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

flyingjohn

Arcane
So I bought demons souls on PS3, digitally. If this emulator ever works, would it be possible to just download the game through the emulator?
No way,but you don't need to download the game.
Just make a backup from the ps3 hdd and then play using the emulator.
I mean there must be some official tools for that.

flyingjohn

Arcane
tfw naruto is near perfect but persona is all wrong

First party games will always be hard to emulate considering they actually use the hardware tricks of the console for optimization.(especially easy since as a first party you get sony helping you directly)
Third party games(and mostly 2d games) don't use any optimization techniques and therefore you need to just emulate a set amount of features to get the games to run.

Remember the more console features the game utilizes the harder it is to emulate.
That is why first party ps3 games are gonna be a nightmare to emulate properly(especially insomniac games).

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Sorted out my PC98 folder at last: now only 268 games in backlog. 91 rpgs, 148 adventure games/VNs and 29 other genre games.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
VOilaaa! THE SINGLE MOST WANTED OPTION... FINALLY.

CAAAPSSs

Clipboard01_zpsldd9opzg.jpg~original

(and yes, you are not wrong: I am using internet explorer, and not only that, I am using it as my browser in order to upload a picture to PHOTOBUCKET. come at meee)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Technically illiterate person need help.
I wanted to play that Monster Hunter game on Wii because I heard it was better than PS2/PSP versions who have a fracture of content of Wii version (and not resume those on PSP/PS2, dropped them years ago) with x360 controller. There is Controller page where you can set controller and Wiimote. Thing is - to make X360 pad working I have to configure it as a wiimote. Ok, fine.
And then, when A button was recognized a message "you need to connect nunchaku or classic controller to continue" happen and it bring me back to "Press A button".Remind me my batter with Psi Ops on PS2 emu with memory cards, argh...
What to do? There is option to check wiimote connection once or constantly but not a single one to turn off it...

Walden

Savant
How do they work in rpcs3 all the psn patches? Can I download and apply them? Really have no idea.

Vorark

Erudite
Might be a problem at first. I think the way it currently is with Citra is to unpack the game, add the patches or DLC and then rebuild it, which is a bit convoluted.

The RPCS3 guys should open a patreon/kickstarter/whatever like the Cemu guys did. Playable Demon's Souls would be pure :incline:

deuxhero

Arcane
What happened to ROMHacking.net? Anytime I go there now I get:
The patient is alive, however RHDN will remain in the ICU for awhile and cannot accept any visitors.

From what I've heard the stuff is all backed up, but the backup has to be restored from shit-tier internet connection and the guy responsible for doing that has other stuff on his plate.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Gee i wonder how profitable would a actual emu patreon be:
Rpcs3:
patrons
$898
per month

Cemu:
patrons
$21,577
per month

:abyssgazer:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's impressive how much progress this is making (cemu) Breath of the Wild. This is for the upcoming 1.7.4. update.

flyingjohn

Arcane
So what is better then emulating games?
Emulating games and having the option to edit levels:

Basically a epsxe plugin that enables you to edit spyro textures,here is a download link:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kchj9r94kai99aa/AABo4wqgPPAAhrBX-mPSHXcva?dl=0
Here is a youtube video for installation purposes:

Here is a fancy picture:
Ji06jTu.png

And for anybody interested in the cold steel and tales series on ps3:

Playable with some graphical glitches if you have a good cpu.

Not fully playable but shows great progress considering that a month ago it was a mess.

Last edited:

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I saw there was an update for RPCS3.

March 2017 beat the previous record set by February 2017 as the most eventful month in the history of the project. So much happened that even this colossal progress report can only begin to scratch the surface.

First of all, lead RPCS3 developer Nekotekina reached the $1000 goal on Patreon, securing his long time commitment to work on RPCS3 full time. This was the direct result of the massive amount of attention the project got when two popular games were drastically improved this month. First, Demon’s Souls went from crashing in zero seconds to going ingame and almost being playable. Second, the cult classic Catherine received significant performance improvements and now runs with practically perfect graphics and performance. The two videos of these games received over 200 000 views on the official RPCS3 YouTube channel. Even the famous YouTube personality, TotalBiscuit was impressed with the progress, and the killing of the notorious Demon’s Souls boss Vanguard in RPCS3.

Of course the hundreds of videos posted by the community on YouTube, different forum posts, Reddit submissions, and so on, have contributed greatly to the massive growth of the RPCS3 community. In fact, new developer Inviuz aka Numan was one of these people who recently discovered RPCS3, spent a lot of hours reading the code and debugging Demon’s Souls, and finally getting it to boot for the first time. Oh and Red Dead Redemption also went to the main menu thanks to this, and some graphics improvements by kd-11. This showcases one of the most important strengths of RPCS3 being free and open-source software and it is very likely that more and more people will join the project in the future and contribute changes both big and small.

Since the last progress report, approximately 17 authors have made 115 commits with 6,831 lines of code added, and 4,471 lines of code deleted. And some significant improvements are still in the pipeline but have yet to be merged.

The progress report is mainly split into three different parts. First we will take a closer look at what each pull request this month did, and show a few practical examples. Thereafter we will take a look at a selection of some interesting games that were improved this month, though this is just a small slice of the hundreds upon hundreds of games that received small or significant improvements this month. Lastly we will take a look at some of the upcoming changes before rounding of this monthly progress report.
You can read the rest here https://rpcs3.net/blog/2017/03/27/progress-report-march-2017/

EDIT:
Working on Kingdom Hearts the infamous “Ubisoft mode” was activated (this is fixed now).

ubisoft_mode.jpg

ubisoft_mode2.jpg
:lol:

Last edited:
I tried Breath of the Wild on Cemu 1.7.4b today and although it seems pretty accurate visually, I only seem to get a locked 20fps. GPU and CPU usage are fairly low but some reason the game doesn't go higher than 20fps - it's 60fps on menus by using

[CPU]
emulateSinglePrecision = true

[Graphics]
disableGPUFence = true

on the game's .ini file. Pretty frustrating, seems like a very fun game. Oh well, will wait awhile for a more stable version. Here's a screenshot of the game running at 2160p.
botwbbqs8.jpg

A user named cat

I tried Breath of the Wild on Cemu 1.7.4b today and although it seems pretty accurate visually, I only seem to get a locked 20fps. GPU and CPU usage are fairly low but some reason the game doesn't go higher than 20fps - it's 60fps on menus by using
Was actually going to post about the new Cemu. Seems like they're ironing out the major bugs first in Zelda before working on performance. I see that you no longer fall through the ground now and even water physics work properly now. That was fast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom