Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter New WW2 shooter game kickstarter Battalion '44

DemonKing

Arcane
So I guess kind of like isometric RPGs were dying until the Kickstarter craze kicked in, now WW2 shooters are on the comeback trail: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bulkheadinteractive/battalion-1944-pc-xb1-ps4

Looks decent. Given most multiplayer shooters come without a dedicated server option these days on PC that alone might make it worthwhile.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Will see how it will go.
In the meantime - there are mods for Insurgency and Project Reality (that started as a mods, no less) that turn them into WW2 themed games.
And you can play them right now while this kickstarter is still kickstarter - pay money and wait till it die.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
The whole WWII genre should die already. In fact, I thought it did until you posted this.
wow edges
There were like 1-2 WW2 games since modern warfare started to rule until now.
It's that many titles you want the setting to die? Because not that much ww2 games were good. Anyway, I don't think you're the target audience (tacical shooters with stronk teamwork).

And don't mention this Sniper Elite
Does that count first Sniper Elite? Cause
And you can't say anything about this game if you did not managed to take 1km long headshot with all options (breath, heartbit, wind, gravity) turned on.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Please please please does it have a Nazi campaign?
It won't.
It's purely multiplayer.
Only big studios like the one who make Call of Duty (~$1bln to develop our bestseller? no problem - said Activision) can handle making single+multi game in one.

Erzherzog

Magister
So it's CoD style? I'll pass.

That and they fail to mention anything in the video that makes this entry anything worthwhile. It's literally just a mash up of the most overdone parts of WW2 shooters. Krautland vs. 'Murica across the fields of France.

Oh but there's no unlocks! Jesus their biggest feature besides "nostalgia" is the absence of a(n admittedly shitty) feature? The only hope for this is very well made maps but I'm not holding my breath.

FFS, WW2 was the conflict that featured the most varied arms in use, the most varied terrain but even after a dearth of games we get Garands and 98ks and Thompsons and MP40s in flat fields and chateaus.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Meanwhile we still don't have a game that let's you play the German side single-player.
And we never will, because that would make Germans seem like actual people trying to fight a war and survive and having their own struggles and heroism instead of the embodiment of 100% EVUL. And we can't have that now can we? SIX TRILLION!
The whole WWII genre should die already. In fact, I thought it did until you posted this.
Ur mom should die.

orcinator

Liturgist
Sounds like they're trying to market their game based on the idea that using a setting that was overused in the past but isn't used as often nowadays will make their game not shit.

Even though most of the voices clamoring for a return to WW2 probably starting gaming after the fad died out and don't realize they'll just get the same thing we have nowadays but without the holo sights and nub tubs.

Kinda reminds me of MMO devs trying to pander to people who like vanilla WoW.

But hey, at least there's no unlocks.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Didn't Iron Front Liberation 1944 have a German campaign?
The setting is Operation Bagration (1944) in Poland, i.e. the war parties are Germans and Russians. For each, there is a campaign with eight missions plus a few single scenarios. The player takes control over multiple soldiers and uses infantry, tanks and planes.
Yep.

Should post it in that thread where someone asked for games with nazis campaing.

Poland?
:outrage: you deserve all these dindus and sandnigers!

Last edited:

DemonKing

Arcane
Game is funded - of course they were completely unprepared for it to happen so quickly and now they're scrambling for stretch goals.

I guess we'll see how it pans out in a year or so.

Thane Solus

Arcane
popamole! no thanks, no skill involved judging by the video.

Heroes and Generals has 10x times more skill, even if is horrible managed by one of the most retardo indie companies.

passerby

Arcane
The last CoD I've played was CoD 2. I hated it with passion.

This looks and plays like a carbon copy of CoD 2. What's the point ?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
"It's something we want to play that doesn't exist".

He said that

Even seeing ww2 weapons in shoopers nowadays make me sleepy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom