Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Parabalus

Arcane
Orc named cleavers.
They are monsters. Really. They are. They have often buff to damage(highest 1hand damage in game) and to vs armor.
With double grip and duelist they rekt(if they hit) everything.

I got a 46-81 orc unique, is that good enough to spec someone for cleavers?

Do all max tier weapons have a unique?

German GameStar magazine noticed the game and gave it a favorable review with a 78 score.

The review is a nice read and actually echoes a lot of the complaints of the codex.

Black monolith is on the map always - you just need to find it.

Can you explain a bit more about it, do you have to find the map first or can you run blindly?

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
A group of 15 Orc Warriors/Warlord should not be bothersome, particularly if you have a small noble army by your side. I killed two Warlords in my Warlord hunting expedition, one by myself and another with a party, and in total lost three guys across what ended up being a five-battle campaign. My best armor maxed at 210 and my backliners used the 70-armor gambesons so this was not some late-game terminator squad.
How did this manage to be viable, though? If you lose three guys every contract, or even one in five contracts, you soon end up with a level 1 team, which gets wipe out by almost everything. Right?

tindrli

Arcane
A group of 15 Orc Warriors/Warlord should not be bothersome, particularly if you have a small noble army by your side. I killed two Warlords in my Warlord hunting expedition, one by myself and another with a party, and in total lost three guys across what ended up being a five-battle campaign. My best armor maxed at 210 and my backliners used the 70-armor gambesons so this was not some late-game terminator squad.
How did this manage to be viable, though? If you lose three guys every contract, or even one in five contracts, you soon end up with a level 1 team, which gets wipe out by almost everything. Right?

that happens to me sooner or later they are all lvl 1

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Black Monolith is always generated on the map. You can just explore and find it.
Map event just point you in the right direction.

I have one with dmg 46-80 plus bonus from double grip its 57-100 damage plus bonus from duelist
it should have base 110% damage vs armor
its 2 attacks per turn(3 with berserk), each strike add 10 bleeding per turn
Pure destruction(add drunk for +10% damage)

sser

Arcane
Developer

It's a curve.

As your brothers get more experienced they're less likely to die and deaths trickle down to the newbies. Out of that cropping you generate veterans who become more experienced and thus less likely to die, and so on and so forth. Maintaining a fresh and steadily improved reserve is important.

If your highest level bros are dying a lot you're either fighting outside your means to succeed or your tactics are off. If you jump into a fight and your best bros are getting knocked around right out of the gate, then you're probably not where you should be.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yeah Cleavers?

bb_bleedstack.jpg

They can be fun.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Good comment from steam by Xenos:

Terrible comment, actually. Weapons stay with you, relationship level and renown also stays. Yeah, losing high level mercs is tough, but claiming BB doesn't give you anything that bad luck can't take away is beyond retarded. I do, however, agree that they may have gone overboard with the grinding. A year ago it was not like that at all.

BTW What is Celerity syndrome?

:lol:

I spend more than 900 hours but to be honest this game have some terrible design choices.

[fucking HUGE wall of text explaining why the game sucks after 900 hours]

The "Celerity School of gaming" will be YUUUUGE one day. I still remember when he was just an autistic newfag sperging about an indie RPG-lite nobody really cares about. They grow up so fast! :O

If anything there should be seed for worldgen, to share good worlds. Tired of restarting a game to get a nice world.

This. It's the same as with 4x games. World gen plays a huge part in how the game plays out, whether you admit it or not.

Just got a free greatsword from a random event, stealing from a funeral :bounce:.

This game is RNG insanity.

Heh, I thought they removed that event. Gonna keep looking for it, because a free GS would be most helpful.

Also, I agree that the current hiring mechanic is too lolrandom for no good reason. We SHOULD be able to see what we're getting. If Phage shows up offering his service, my guy (the captain) should notice that the "Tiny" and "Brain damage" traits are there right off the bat, and just refuse his services.

Last edited:

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
You stupid hummies can not kill me.
But young orc you are already dead.
>fountain of blood
Its like fist of the northern star

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
also in 1.02 i noticed some changes in the type of contracts offered,i have taken by day 32 4 "defend village/town from raiders" when in 1.01 in varius 100 day playthroughs i was not offered once.they were initially quite easy,8-10 raider party and an easy paycheck but then in a village 2 10 man undead parties with 1 necromancer each appeared,and i had to save scum to beat it,i figured i had to kill the necros early but it was almost imposibru to get through the zombies.........
cant wait to meet the necrosavants!

Emily

Arcane
Guys I am having an issue where I cannot really get past 200 points. Does anyone know how are these points calculated? I kinda wanna retire and make new party but I wanna retire to a good ending.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
also in 1.02 i noticed some changes in the type of contracts offered,i have taken by day 32 4 "defend village/town from raiders" when in 1.01 in varius 100 day playthroughs i was not offered once.they were initially quite easy,8-10 raider party and an easy paycheck but then in a village 2 10 man undead parties with 1 necromancer each appeared,and i had to save scum to beat it,i figured i had to kill the necros early but it was almost imposibru to get through the zombies.........

:flamesaw:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

:flamesaw:

I wake up in the middle of the night sweating and screaming "Damn you all to hell Geists/Necrosavants!"

Baptismbyfire

Liturgist
I hope the sales are good enough to warrant further development. Has the makings of a classic. But I have a feeling that the game feels too hard for pussy gamers today, and that most of the sales were through Early Access. Can anyone verify?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
An easy fix to this 'it's too hard' would be to just adopt Rimworld Custom Start mode.
Allow you to choose backgrounds, starting gold, gear and how many mercs you start with.
And skip the Hoggart shit of course.
With that feature, one can easily make a different scenario for himself - Noble with 3 Bodyguards who wants to go on an adventure? Sure. Six naked wildmen with little gold, 6 days of food and six greatswords? Why not?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Main difference here is that Rimworld sold a billion copies, while Battle Brothers is struggling(?) - at least compared. The guy behind Rimworld even managed to take a 1-3 month or something vacation in the middle of development. With that I mean, he has all the time in world to tweak and fix certain issues.

Last edited:

Prime Junta

I am fucking learning this Ironman. Got further than ever before yesterday. I've learned to use nets to beat those harder fights early on, and where to stock up on them.

I also learned two very painful lessons. One, taking on that just one really tempting three-skull contract is a Bad Idea. Won't do that again.

Two, hitting "Retreat" when not at the edge of the map will cost you a couple of thousand crowns. I could almost afford it. Almost...

Sinatar

Arbiter
I hope the sales are good enough to warrant further development. Has the makings of a classic. But I have a feeling that the game feels too hard for pussy gamers today, and that most of the sales were through Early Access. Can anyone verify?

It's sold about 10K units since leaving early access (early access was at approx. 50k when they launched).

Murk

Arcane
Not sure what perks to take when just kind of riding through early game until I can figure out who to specialize. The hedge knight and sell sword backgrounds are so damn strong that I mostly consider my early mercs as fodder until I can afford the multiple thousands of crowns to get the real killers in.

Gord

Arcane
Noticed something interesting regarding the calculation of payment for contracts:
Got a two skull cargo delivery contact to a city literally beyond the next hills (~30s travel time), which payed ~1200 gold.
The reason seems to be that the payment is based on the distance along the roads, not direct distance.
Just happens that my map has this big central mountain range with all the roads making huge detours around (but luckily there are a few passes without roads).
:balance:

Last edited:

miles teg

Scholar
Regarding shopping, I should buy in big cities and sell in small ones, correct?

Gord

Arcane
You should buy when it's cheap, but that can depend on whether the settlement produces the thing in question and on whether they have a raider problem, etc.

Kuattro

Augur
Regarding shopping, I should buy in big cities and sell in small ones, correct?

That's the wrong way. Small villages are always cheaper, and even more when you have completed a couple of contracts for them. Big cities are always more expensive, even if you are friendly with them (I don't think even statuses can make a big city cheaper) and they produce said resource.

Buy in small villages that produce something, sell in big cities, especially if they have had their trade routes attacked.

So I guess settlements with armory sell armors for less?

Small villages with armoury/weaponsmith can reduce their prices to almost cost in weapons/armour if you help them enough. Big cities, as I said, will always have higher prices.

On the other hand, the selection is of course much better in big cities and castles.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Not sure what perks to take when just kind of riding through early game until I can figure out who to specialize. The hedge knight and sell sword backgrounds are so damn strong that I mostly consider my early mercs as fodder until I can afford the multiple thousands of crowns to get the real killers in.

Garbage mercs should just take the Colossus so they stay alive longer in the front.
60 Melee backliners should just take Critical Strikes to kill shit faster.
At level 3, Backliners should take Quick Hands asap and get their hands on a crossbow and net. Trash should take Gifted so their stat can go up to par. These trashes are the first one to go anyway whenever I find a promising merc to replace. If you have over 3000 gold in reserve, make it a point to hire someone just to check their stat and dismiss them immediately with zero gold compensation if they're not up to par.
There are way too many situations where mercs hit level 5 only to have less than 55 melee skill while a cultist can join in with 62 melee skill with ZERO experience.

Kuattro

Augur
If you have over 3000 gold in reserve, make it a point to hire someone just to check their stat and dismiss them immediately with zero gold compensation if they're not up to par.

Such waste, such waste...

On one hand, you can either lose some morale (yes, it's not such a big deal, but still a loss of resources), or a bit of money.

On the other hand, you can send this god for nothing hobo forwards in the search of a pike, a sword or an arrow (I mean, to the face), and lose nothing except the shitty armour you gave them.

I always send my... let's call them surplus brothers to flank the enemy formation and go for the archers. Best case scenarios, they manage to distract them until the end of the combat while my real brothers take care of the others in relative peace. Worse case scenario, they manage to distract them for a turn (occasionally, by getting shot by them :P) while my real brothers take care of the others in relative peace.

That's the real Battle Brothers way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom