Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
F5CSXjp.gif

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Sarissofoi I see you turning hostile to BB slowly slowly. The Celerity syndrome hits our humble society again?

You must misunderstand me.
I do not slowly turn hostile to BB. I WAS ALWAYS HOSTILE!!!
I was born hostile, molded by anger and rage. My life is only sustained by pure hate.

On a serious note. Slow your horses. I wasted enough time on gameplay, YT and wikia that you can not seriously accuse me on turning hostile on game. Pointing shortcomings is not hostile but friendly. I point it in (low) hopes that it will be fixed so game become better and greater than its right now.
Game is fine.
On the other hand devs are truly terrible people. Worst of the worst. Some of them(and maybe even all) are a <scary music in background> GERMANS.

BTW What is Celerity syndrome?

Quatlo

Arcane
Savescumming circlejerk aside, how do you deal with enemy archer spam?
Just had some really annoying contract where I had to fight ~8 brigand marksmen with a horde of thugs meatshielding for them in the mountains.
After an hour I finally managed to randomise a terrain at night that was pretty ok and I've won at the cost of my best polearmbro, but It got me thinking what to do to prevent that in the future.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Build you backrow with outstanding defense
High Ranged Def
Dodge+Recovery
Anticipation
Steel Brow
Nimble
Of course you need also good amount of HP.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
High Ranged Def
Dodge+Recovery
Anticipation
Steel Brow
Nimble

Just had some really annoying contract where I had to fight ~8 brigand marksmen with a horde of thugs meatshielding for them in the mountains.
After an hour I finally managed to randomise a terrain at night that was pretty ok and I've won at the cost of my best polearmbro, but It got me thinking what to do to prevent that in the future.

Way simpler would be:
-Have them all quick hands perk
-Equip heaviest shield that you can, BEFORE the battle[because brigand marksmen have high initiative]
-Use your polearm, then at the end of turn, switch shield back
-Same for archers.

I wish crossbowmen had dedicated pavisse, that you could use of course at the cost of AP, or just for free, but with some drawbacks.

Parabalus

Arcane

• Have at least 4 of your own archers
  • Beggars with kite shields
  • Dogs
  • lots of prayers
  • hope they have mostly crossbows
If they start on elevation start spamming that retreat button.

High Ranged Def
Dodge+Recovery
Anticipation
Steel Brow
Nimble

It's not just your backrow that can die, that amount of marksman can kill anyone with the right rolls. Everyone near your ranged is at risk of dying, including people in plate armor with shields.

BTW What is Celerity syndrome?

Look through his post history or his eponymous thread, you'll get the gist.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
A+ for this game

I am pussy, playing on Begginer difficulty... someone toss me in the trash can
Well there's a p. large difference between Beginner and Veteran difficulties.
There is. And there's even higher difficulty spike when you enable ironman. Even beginner ironman can be daunting to some people.And expert, well... i consider this an exercise in masochism.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
If I ever meet the devs, I will offer my heartfelt thanks for a very good game. And then, when shaking their hands, I will surprise-kick them in the nuts, so they know how I feel while playing. :D Fuck ghosts.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
If I ever meet the devs, I will offer my heartfelt thanks for a very good game. And then, when shaking their hands, I will surprise-kick them in the nuts, so they know how I feel while playing. :D Fuck ghosts.

The game does give that false sense of accomplishment.
That congratulatory screens when you hit a certain ambition and renown were baiting the player's ego and sometimes they tend to make the players forget their company's actual level on the pyramid of food chain.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter

I see. A man of great taste and culture.
(Like me)

Prime Junta

Okay I'm starting to develop a visceral hatred for those dire wolf fuckers.

Early game, but at the point where I'm around level 2-3 and am starting to have some non-shit-tier weapons all around. See 3 of the bastards. I run for the nearest settlement. When I leave, they attack immediately.

I'm in a forest. Ambushed. Bogdanov, one of the founders of the Bolshevik Party, rocking a pruning hook, is all by himself with some forest between him and the other comrades, but facing two of the three wolves.

FML

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How do you know that the lords you serve are not evil? They do seem so to me from some of their comments

sser

Arcane
Developer

Anybody who doesn't have a shield gets Nine Lives and Steel Brow. Anticipiation is also good.

Anybody with a shield uses Shield Wall and moves up 3-spaces at a time in formation.

Also, buy dogs. War dogs are great insurance policies for your men. They put more bodies on the field, they do very good damage, and they can scatter archers.

Kayerts

Arcane
The reclaim relics contracts are easy cash as you DO NOT NEED defeat enemy forces just walk away.

I... did not think of that. Thank you, good sir mercenary knight sir.

The false king must die.

Best way to block punch: no be there.
Bandit marksmen are scary until you've got okay/good armor and are mostly neutered by 200+ armor. You can try minimizing contact with them until then, though the near-necessity of looting raiders for midgame gear makes that advice hard to follow.
Work toward getting ~20 natural ranged defense on your bros at level 11; anticipation can account for additional points.
Consider whether you need a squishy backline for this fight, and whether you might be better served by a tanky backline.
You can also go in the opposite direction with ~6 lightly armored, high initiative archers of your own to establish ranged superiority before they get off their first volley.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

The game does give that false sense of accomplishment.
That congratulatory screens when you hit a certain ambition and renown were baiting the player's ego and sometimes they tend to make the players forget their company's actual level on the pyramid of food chain.

That's what makes it great. You fight a brutal chain of hellish fights, lose half of your men, only to get greeted by some douchebag knight who informs you that the war is over and your company's services are no longer required.

A ragtag squad of 20 men is not going to win a war or save the world.

But wtf is required for legendary retirement slides? I got legendary renown, 50k gold in stash, ended orc horde crisis, have all my bros stacked in named weapons and whatnot, still not enough.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I found this:
There is an uhm, "way", to force an auto-save in Ironman. I've ALT-F4'ed out of combats because I had to no more time to play this session, and every time it would load very shortly before the combat.

Can't confirm it, because I'm still waiting for the GOG version.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I found this:
There is an uhm, "way", to force an auto-save in Ironman. I've ALT-F4'ed out of combats because I had to no more time to play this session, and every time it would load very shortly before the combat.

Can't confirm though, since I'm waiting for the GOG version.
Yes ALT-F4 during combat means you will load exactly before the battle. You can change equipment and stuff but the moment you press the "play" button, you will get into the battle you were into.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom