Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition officially revealed, coming April 11th

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
What does one (more) remastering matter?

Really? Only then? Nothing about the extreme resolution support, the pizza shop or the flashing neon arrow? Or christ, even Rockpapershotgun?

There is nothing about pizza there, but how really could I be suspicious about flashing neon arrows? This is a much desired feature nowadays, making it into a new edition of an older game seems like something suits and marketing guys would be enthusiastic about.
"Necessary modernization to fit a modern player needs. Only the outdated 1999 technology prohibited making flashing neon arrows into the game, we are bringing the game back to the original vision. "
:negative::negative::negative:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Yes, people can install the mods and get a similar superior thing.

Instead of investing proper time to, for example, implement some of the cut content in the game, they opted for the low hanging fruit.

...which is now a good thing, I guess. All things considered...

They aren't talented enough to implement cut content according to most, so why would that be welcomed? Shit I would love it, but I would not trust them to have the same tone, or skill to do it justice. So instead of adding trannies or hackish cut content we get minor upgrades and a bundled old edition with the newfangled one. Does it matter much for those monocled enough to complain? Principal I guess? Seems like a form of the ownership effect where people don't like others playing a different experience of their favorite game. I know of people that want to play the game but cant get the shit to run. Granted some of the changes are shit. Ideally there would be options for some of it.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Really? Only then? Nothing about the extreme resolution support, the pizza shop or the flashing neon arrow? Or christ, even Rockpapershotgun?

There is nothing about pizza there, but how really could I be suspicious about flashing neon arrows? This is a much desired feature nowadays, making it into a new edition of an older game seems like something suits and marketing guys would be enthusiastic about.
"Necessary modernization to fit a modern player needs. Only the outdated 1999 technology prohibited making flashing neon arrows into the game, we are bringing the game back to the original vision. "
:negative::negative::negative:
You disgust me. :edgy:

Both as a human being and as somebody who clearly cannot read. I dislike you, I dislike your parents and I dislike every cock you've ever sucked. Guilt by association.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Wow I can't wait to explore the adventures of the Genderless One!

Ikr? I
7d6945e32d.png
fucking
c24804824b.png
this
7d6945e32d.png
generation
7d6945e32d.png
I mean
7d6945e32d.png
just wow,
ff18e2f5ab.png
the h8ers.

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
Some regions doesn't have to pay a full price, you know.
So i think i will give it a try since i definitely got an itch to play PT - after browsing that TToN Fiasco thread for so long.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Yes, let's support the company that is incompetent at upscaling the game and overhauling the UI properly (ostensibly the primary reason for doing an Enhanced Edition, but in reality their primary goal is to sell the games on mobile devices), forces GOG to remove the classic PC versions, introduces new bugs, and shoehorns in Tumblr-tier social activism and sub-fanfiction-tier "extra content" and characters.

What a great idea.

Let me be clear: If you support Beamdog in any way, you are an agent of the decline, full stop. Forcing GOG to take down the classic versions is, by itself, enough reason to boycott this shit.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Yes, let's support the company that is incompetent at upscaling the game and overhauling the UI properly (ostensibly the primary reason for doing an Enhanced Edition, but in reality their primary goal is to sell the games on mobile devices), forces GOG to remove the classic PC versions, introduces new bugs, and shoehorns in Tumblr-tier social activism and sub-fanfiction-tier "extra content" and characters.

What a great idea.

Let me be clear: If you support Beamdog in any way, you are an agent of the decline, full stop. Forcing GOG to take down the classic versions is, by itself, enough reason to boycott this shit.
Agree with everything you said. You still can't play the enhanced editions of baldurs gate in an Intel card because beamdog is fucking useless, lots of people with laptops sporting such hardware... But hey... You can play them on your phone.

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron

What a great idea.

Well, I used to buy their games from their site for a full price. And after SoD fuck-up - regional prices, which for PT:EE is 1/3 only, is my choice. I never suggested to boycott them completely but to put their releases under scrutiny. But i see your point.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

What a great idea.

Sorry, still going to buy it when it's 75% off

Fry

Arcane
Agree with everything you said. You still can't play the enhanced editions of baldurs gate in an Intel card because beamdog is fucking useless, lots of people with laptops sporting such hardware... But hey... You can play them on your phone.

I've played the EEs on two different Macbooks with Intel cards. Works fine. Is this a Windows-specific issue?

Kem0sabe

Arcane

I've played the EEs on two different Macbooks with Intel cards. Works fine. Is this a Windows-specific issue?

They have issues with OpenAL, and my intel HD graphics 4000.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
Beamdog needs to be beamed into the fucking sun. No one should profit off of incompetently bungling someone else's IP onto the market again eighteen years later.
This x10.

Fucking disgusting vulture of a game studio feeding of the corpses of someone else's work.

What a disgrace this company is, this shit makes my fucking blood boil. Shameful.

DemonKing

Arcane
It doesn't really disturb me particularly if they are not doing much except making it run reliably on modern hardware. Nothing's making you buy it if you're happy with the original + mods.

I have IWD on my Ipad and it actually works pretty well. They didn't install any SJW characters and I now have something I can easily pick up and play if I'm lying sick in bed or going on a long road trip.

I guess IWD2 EE is only a matter of time now...

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm looking forward to the rumoured Siege of Baator expansion with same sex romances, what can change the nature of a man indeed :mixedemotions:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom