Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Shelter, Bethesda's Vault management sim - now on PC

Dustin542

Liturgist
You don't even need to use the launcher after its installed except for updates. It'll be in offline mode where you can't do the micro transactions when not using the launcher.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Why?
Just install that Bethestard launcher and you're good.

How "hard" is this game btw? Didn't really start playing yet and if this is another one of those mobile games where you basically can't lose no matter how retarded you play it I think I'll pass.
I cannot pollute my system with Bethesda launcher!

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Uninstalled it again too.
It's one of these mobile games that force you to click on things to collect the production output etc.
Horrible creatures, avoid at all costs.
:flamesaw:

So you are sitting in front of the screen the whole time clicking on things mindlessly while the game basically plays itself. Room placement is unimportant, unlocking advances is very very linear, the game tells you what to do next via "quests" all the time.
Wtf is this shit and what kind of zombies enjoy playing it? :retarded:

ortucis

Prophet
It's one of these mobile games that force you to click on things to collect the production output etc.

So you are sitting in front of the screen the whole time clicking on things mindlessly while the game basically plays itself. Room placement is unimportant, unlocking advances is very very linear, the game tells you what to do next via "quests" all the time.

It's a clicker game. Or have you never heard of such a thing?

I feel blessed that I can enjoyed pretty much ever genre out there.

Anyway, this game is meant to be played for like 3-4 minutes, then you shut it down, come back later. Repeat process. This however is not similar to other clicker games like Huniepop Studio, Sakura Clicker, Insanity Clicker or Clicker Heroes (last four are free games on Steam). All clicker games have different ideas, I have yet to find one that makes it fun for more than 5 minutes at a time.

As for Fallout Shelter, haven't touched it for two days now. Been busy playing The Legend of Heroes.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

It's a clicker game. Or have you never heard of such a thing?
I have. I think my post made that very clear.

So "clicker games" are a genre? I guess it doesn't click with me then. :M

It also seemed to me that your shelter is starving and running out of water/power if you don't stay online and keep clicking things. But maybe that was just a presentation issue because it would be very retarded.

ortucis

Prophet
Not really, put people with right skills to manage power, food and water and they create the resources every minute or so. In-fact, I created all these three resources at start of the game and despite the shelter growing to over 50 people, there has been no need for more construction related to it.

Also, when you quit the game, the game pauses the resources, no one dies, when you come back just click to retrieve the collected resources. When you are out on a quest or quit the game, there is no need to click anything. Hell, when your power is above the "bar", even then you only have to click few times since resource drain is pretty slow.

Basically, imagine yourself playing Baldurs Gate with all that clicking, without any story.

It's a "game" that you use as a momentary distraction to take your mind off the boredom of the third half-hour meeting of a day. If it required more than a half second of thought then it would be too distracting.

Its actually most efficient to quit the game immediately after collecting things then start it up 5-10 mins later.

I usually play it while listening to podcasts or a stream. Journey into a couple dungeons, plop down a few new rooms and practice Enclave approved Eugenics on my dwellers. Slowly I am breeding a race of ubermen that will run wild over the wasteland.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
50 million players is probably more than AoD is going to get:

kYWZv55.jpg

So the average player has started the game 100 times and spent a total of 5 hours in-game.

*Click* *Click* *Drag* *Rush* *Sigh* *Drag* *Stimpak* *Stimpak* *RadAway* *Drag* *Fucking Radscorpion* *Drag* *Click*

Play session over.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Bethesda will release Fallout Shelter on Xbox One® and Windows 10®

Bethesda’s Fallout Shelter Coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 Next Week
by Will Tuttle, Xbox Wire Editor in Chief Posted on February 3, 2017 at 9:00 am

FS_ArtCrop-hero.jpg

Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition, have announced that Fallout Shelter is expanding once more to a new audience, putting Overseers in control of their own Vault and an army of Dwellers on Xbox One and Windows 10. Fallout Shelter will be available on February 7 as an Xbox Play Anywhere title via a free download from the Xbox Store or Windows Store.

Fallout Shelter thrusts players into the role of Overseer to build their own Vault, manage dwellers, and adventure through Fallout’s iconic wasteland. Since the game’s original launch in 2015, the game has continued to expand and add features, including Crafting, Scrapping, Pets, additional rooms, iconic Fallout 4 characters, and special Dweller customization options. The game’s constantly growing Quest system allows Overseers to send Dwellers out into the Wasteland to abandoned buildings, decrepit Vaults, and mysterious caves to uncover legendary loot and face off against enemies like Radscorpions, Ghouls, and powerful bosses.

As an Xbox Play Anywhere title, player progress is retained across both Xbox One and Windows 10, meaning users can switch seamlessly between platforms and pick up where they left off, bringing all their saves, progress, and Achievements with them. The game has also been fully adapted to work with the Xbox One controller, so players can experience Vault life bigger and better, right from their TV.

Players can download Fallout Shelter for Xbox One and Windows 10 from the Xbox Store or Windows Store next Tuesday, February 7.

Read more at http://news.xbox.com/2017/02/03/fal...and-windows-10-next-week/#4FdlgZFgvLmccmW0.99

Will Beth succeed in ripping more people off? Why did they release this twice on Windows? All these questions and more will never be answered due to Bethesda's policy of fucking over consumers and not explaining their decisions.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Bethesda will release Fallout Shelter on Xbox One® and Windows 10®

Bethesda’s Fallout Shelter Coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 Next Week
by Will Tuttle, Xbox Wire Editor in Chief Posted on February 3, 2017 at 9:00 am

FS_ArtCrop-hero.jpg

Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition, have announced that Fallout Shelter is expanding once more to a new audience, putting Overseers in control of their own Vault and an army of Dwellers on Xbox One and Windows 10. Fallout Shelter will be available on February 7 as an Xbox Play Anywhere title via a free download from the Xbox Store or Windows Store.

Fallout Shelter thrusts players into the role of Overseer to build their own Vault, manage dwellers, and adventure through Fallout’s iconic wasteland. Since the game’s original launch in 2015, the game has continued to expand and add features, including Crafting, Scrapping, Pets, additional rooms, iconic Fallout 4 characters, and special Dweller customization options. The game’s constantly growing Quest system allows Overseers to send Dwellers out into the Wasteland to abandoned buildings, decrepit Vaults, and mysterious caves to uncover legendary loot and face off against enemies like Radscorpions, Ghouls, and powerful bosses.

As an Xbox Play Anywhere title, player progress is retained across both Xbox One and Windows 10, meaning users can switch seamlessly between platforms and pick up where they left off, bringing all their saves, progress, and Achievements with them. The game has also been fully adapted to work with the Xbox One controller, so players can experience Vault life bigger and better, right from their TV.

Players can download Fallout Shelter for Xbox One and Windows 10 from the Xbox Store or Windows Store next Tuesday, February 7.

Read more at http://news.xbox.com/2017/02/03/fal...and-windows-10-next-week/#4FdlgZFgvLmccmW0.99

Will Beth succeed in ripping more people off? Why did they release this twice on Windows? All these questions and more will never be answered due to Bethesda's policy of fucking over consumers and not explaining their decisions.
How do you rip off people with a free game?
I spent 20ish hours playing this on PC and didn't pay a single $ and never felt I needed to pay to progress. If anything they gave too much for free. This is by far the best Bethesda game I played.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Does it still play like F2P garbage, having to click on rooms every few hours to get money?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Does it still play like F2P garbage, having to click on rooms every few hours to get money?
Every few minutes. But from mid game and onward you got something to do all the time so it is not a problem. And they added missions and quest that are played separately so those kill some time for you as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom