Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition officially revealed, coming April 11th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Beamdog; Planescape: Torment

The countdown at "PlanEscape.com" has expired and Beamdog have officially unveiled Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition. Not exactly a surprise, especially after the geniuses at VentureBeat accidentally leaked the news including launch trailer 12 hours early. As I expected, it's a straight-up enhancement with no new content, not even restored cut content. According to project lead Alex "aVENGER" Tomovic, who is doing a hell of a job promoting the game on our forums, the only changes are bugfixes and some touched up writing by Chris Avellone, who has apparently spent the last year overseeing the project. Sounds...not bad? Here's that launch trailer and the description from the official website:

"What can change the nature of a man?"

You are the Nameless One, a hulking figure covered in scars and tattoos collected over the course of countless lives—none of which you can remember, but are now coming back to haunt you. You are prodded awake by Morte, a floating skull and keeper of secrets, to embark on an adventure taking the Nameless One from the dirty streets of Sigil into the mysterious Outer Planes and even into the depths of Hell itself.

Discover an incredibly rich story and a unique setting unlike anything else in fantasy. Defeat strange and alien creatures, engage in rich dialogue, and explore the dark and dangerous Planescape setting in this 50+ hour RPG classic.

Millions of Planescape: Torment fans have enjoyed the strange and dangerous city of Sigil and surrounding planes through the Nameless One's eyes. Now it’s your turn. This is Planescape: Torment like you’ve never seen before.

Enhanced Edition - Key Features:

• Enhanced Planescape: Chris Avellone, Lead Designer on Planescape Torment, has partnered with Beamdog to curate gameplay updates, bug fixes, and enhancements to best capture his original vision for the game.
  • Remastered Music: The full Planescape: Torment soundtrack has been remastered in-game to add more depth to Sigil and the multiverse.
  • 4K Interface: Sigil has never looked this good! The interface of Planescape: Torment has been rebuilt in high definition with tons of new convenience features.
  • A Planescape For Today: The Enhanced Edition includes modern features such as tab highlighting, area zooming, combat log, quickloot, and more!

PST:EE is basically done and is coming out in two weeks, on April 11th. It's already available for preorder on Steam, GOG or directly from Beamdog, with a price tag of $20. Note that the game's original version will be taken down from GOG after the EE is released, so if you're a purist and you somehow don't own it already, I suggest you hop to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fairfax

Arcane
8Fx76zt.png

aratuk

Cipher
I guess I'm waiting for the phone version to come out, and it's a strange feeling. Maybe I should go with GOG, but a) I already have a functioning version on my computer, b) I'm curious about the phone port, c) it costs half as much, and d) I might have more time to play it.

By the time the phone version is released, someone will have documented whatever alterations have been made to the game content. Hopefully Avellone hasn't gone full George Lucas. Has anyone checked for a waddle chin? Did he delete his Codex account?

Last edited:

Malpercio

Arcane
20 dollary-doos for Torment with Qwinn's mods slapped on it along with a widescreen mod that manages to be worse than ghostdog's

Well, to be fair if they changed anything you guys would complain (Even if they told it came straight for Chris's mouth), anyway.:M

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Well, to be fair if they changed anything you guys would complain (Even if they told it came straight for Chris's mouth), anyway.:M

The price isn't right and it's still tacky.

Now look at the works of Night Dive studios and despair https://www.gog.com/games?devpub=night_dive_studios&sort=bestselling&page=1&as=1649904300

(yeah apparently the work necessary to get the Turok games up and running necessitated selling them for $20 each, but at least they aren't tacky).

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Note that the game's original version will be taken down from GOG after the EE is released, so if you're a purist and you somehow don't own it already, I suggest you hop to it.

The franchise rapists can't get me. :smug:

I still have my original discs, in the original dust cover, perhaps the one and only surviving game I still have from the 1990s (I have all my Sierra boxes at Mom's house, but at least one disc per box is presumably dead by now). :smug:

Anyway, the game looks retarded in 1080p because the backgrounds were designed for 640 x 480. Not to mention the absolutely bizarre and ugly black limning outlines around character sprites, and whatever they'll do to fuck up the game with "extra content."

Beamdog needs to be beamed into the fucking sun. No one should profit off of incompetently bungling someone else's IP onto the market again eighteen years later.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
You fucking faggots should be happy Bethesda didn't buy the brand and make a FPS out of it. Seriously. Shut the fuck up about your precious idol being destroyed. How can it possibly be a bad thing that more retards will play the game especially if it doesn't have trannies thrown in?

Jokzore

Arbiter
Well on the upside they didn't really ruin anything , but ... thats because they didn't actually DO anything , did they? How is this worth 20$ when I can get the same damn thing for 9.49 and 5 minutes of work installing mods.
On the other hand though , if they actually did do/change/add something to justify the price , I guess i'd just be complaining about that ... probably because it was a shitty , opportunist , exploitative , cash grab of an idea in the first place.

TedNugent

Arcane
You fucking faggots should be happy Bethesda didn't buy the brand and make a FPS out of it. Seriously. Shut the fuck up about your precious idol being destroyed. How can it possibly be a bad thing that more retards will play the game especially if it doesn't have trannies thrown in?

Alright, that's a fair point.

Not to mention the absolutely bizarre and ugly black limning outlines around character sprites

Yeah, that is kind of weird. Don't like.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
20 dollary-doos for Torment with Qwinn's mods slapped on it along with a widescreen mod that manages to be worse than ghostdog's

Just alone a true resolution/widescreen change that allows people with more than 1080p screens play without 400x fov/ zoom out and being able to read the text is worth it.

Try playing the original modded in a 13" laptop with 1080P or even desktop 27" 1440p. Between the tiny text, zoom and UI size, you will not last more than 20 minutes.

So, this edition is very welcome and a great way for a lot of people to play a classic.

Last edited:

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
As long as they didn't "enhance" it with new shitty content (which appears to be the case), I'm fine with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom