Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Stupid question : is it possible to adjust the difficulty level on the fly, this time?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Stupid question : is it possible to adjust the difficulty level on the fly, this time?

This has been an Atlus staple for the past few years now in all their games so most likely yes. They've put a lot more emphasis on making their games beatable even by the scrubbiest casuals by adding adjustable difficulty at all time and Easy modes so easy that you might as well be watching the game play itself.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

This has been an Atlus staple for the past few years now in all their games so most likely yes. They've put a lot more emphasis on making their games beatable even by the scrubbiest casuals by adding adjustable difficulty at all time and Easy modes so easy that you might as well be watching the game play itself.

Really ?

I seem to remember than in Persona 3 and 4 you were stuck on whichever difficulty level you started with ? Am I remembering wrong? :o

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Really ?

I seem to remember than in Persona 3 and 4 you were stuck on whichever difficulty level you started with ? Am I remembering wrong? :o

You're not wrong, but that was nearly a decade ago (over a decade ago in P3's case). This is a phenomena that has been happening for the past 5 or so years.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So what's with all the hype this game is getting? Looks like a typical anime game
Choice and consequence, party management, good Turn based combat, good music, creative UI and art style.

Wait, don't buy because is weaboo. Forget about the other things.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can't stop harping about these beautiful menus and UI elements and transitions and in-engine cutscenes and music and vocals and voice-acting and cat shota and-

GAH! So good! I need to steal a PS4!

And a TV.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I can't stop harping about these beautiful menus and UI elements and transitions and in-engine cutscenes and music and vocals and voice-acting and cat shota and-

GAH! So good! I need to steal a PS4!

And a TV.
You can plug in your LCD monitor. I have hacked PS3 plugged into 27 monitor, and the second cable is going into my GFX card. Then I only switch between LCD modes when I want to use PS3.

You can plug in your LCD monitor. I have hacked PS3 plugged into 27 monitor, and the second cable is going into my GFX card. Then I only switch between LCD modes when I want to use PS3.

Any way to connect PS3 to old laptop w/o hdmi port? My current headquarter lacks TV.

Deleted member 7219

So, D1P?

Haven't read the reviews yet but I trust bros on this forum more than game journos.

Jinn

Arcane
So, D1P?

Haven't read the reviews yet but I trust bros on this forum more than game journos.

I'm not even that big of a fan of P3 or P4 and I'm having it delivered to my door day one. Everything about it looks interesting enough to me to justify it: the thievery theme, the picaresque nature of the storytelling, the style, the combat, etc. I'm very excited for next week!

Only $40 for the PS3 version too, so that's good.

Deleted member 7219

So, D1P?

I'm not even that big of a fan of P3 or P4 and I'm having it delivered to my door day one. Everything about it looks interesting enough to me to justify it: the thievery theme, the picaresque nature of the storytelling, the style, the combat, etc. I'm very excited for next week!

Only $40 for the PS3 version too, so that's good.

£42 for PS4 version - very expensive here in the UK - but that's the one I'll be getting because of the higher resolution. Still need to complete TOCS 2 though so might leave it for a while.

Repressed Homosexual
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-29-persona-5-review

The "journos" already think the game is "problematic" and doesn't have enough faggot shit:

Holistically speaking? Yes. God, yes. Weeks have passed, but my inner fangirl hasn't reconstituted. My joy in this game could be described as nearly religious. For anyone who has grown up with the series, it is everything that you could ask for.

But there are problems.

For one, Persona 5 continues the franchise's awkward relationship with queer-coded people. Despite being a game about teenagers finding the truth of themselves and breaking through societal constraint to live without fear, there are no explicitly queer individuals to be found. Well, that's not precisely true. A bar in the red-light district is possibly operated by a drag queen. I'm relieved to say that the game largely treats her with courtesy. In my playthrough, at least, she escapes being transformed into a punch line.

The same, unfortunately, cannot be said about the two fashionable men who accost Ryuji several times during the game. They're every negative gay stereotype you can imagine and the best thing I can say about the whole situation is that Persona 5 minimises their screentime.

Deleted member 7219

SJWs gotta ruin everything. A protagonist can't be straight anymore. You've gotta be able to play as a gay.

If Die Hard was made today they would be more upset about John McClane being straight than they would him shooting up a bunch of Germans in a skyscraper.

I had no idea this was coming out this week, or that PS3 and PS4 were getting a simultaneous release. I love it when a game I'm looking forward to sneaks up on me like that, especially when I haven't kept up with it at all.

I hope it uses the fusion database system that was in SMT4, or at least that you can select the skills your fusions inherit instead of randomly rolling them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom