Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

ArchAngel

Arcane
So he didn't even add back unfinished quests or try to replace some of the 2nd half combat with something interesting? :decline:

Careful there, you might get what you wish for.
Now that MCA said he worked on PSTEE for 1 year I would want it if he worked on that added content.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I would be interested to see what an 'enhanced' Curst looks like. Do we know what was originally intended?

Anonymous commenter on my post said no new content or quests and restoration mod not included. He could be wrong but he was right on everything else, so...

GloomFrost

Arcane
So Avellone spent a year just going through text and correcting spelling mistakes?? What a great remaster!! I m just wondering how much is it going to cost??

T. Reich

Arcane
Also, the end-game castle is kinda dumb in a jrpg way, running around trying to avoid shadows. I guess some people liked it?

Mage = cloudkill, those shadows can't save vs death even if their life depended on it... Wait...
Fighter = you will have maxed str+con by now, laughing at these feeble fucks.
Thief = hide in shadows, go about your business.

But, yeah, it was kinda dumb with those hordes of shadows.
Worked really well to explain why TTO was actually worried about you breaching into his inner sanctum and letting the shadows in as well.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
What's up with the black outlines around the characters...?

It's just to make make sprites stand out more at higher rez. You will probably be able to disable them, like in Siege of Dragonspear.

Gunnar

Arbiter
So Avellone spent a year just going through text and correcting spelling mistakes?? What a great remaster!! I m just wondering how much is it going to cost??

I don't understand this either. If that's all they intended to do, couldn't anyone have fixed the spelling mistakes?

I think Chris was there to make sure they didn't fuck it up, he wanted to be close by so he could look over their shoulders and intimidate the beta males of Beamdog.

When he heard Trents retarded ideas for changes he probably put him in a headlock until he agreed to no content changes at all. Good guy Chris. :greatjob:

agris

Arcane
Patron
I would be interested to see what an 'enhanced' Curst looks like. Do we know what was originally intended?

Anonymous commenter on my post said no new content or quests and restoration mod not included. He could be wrong but he was right on everything else, so...
my one and only PST playthrough was with the UB mod. Before I declare this incline or decline, I'll read hexer's link.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Didn't think he would answer and was actually surprised that no one had asked this before me:

So he didn't even add back unfinished quests or try to replace some of the 2nd half combat with something interesting? :decline:

Yeah, what's the point, really? If they got Avellone to add extra content where he wanted to and where it was needed that would've at least made it worth a try. As it is: completely useless.

imweasel

kpgjSrm.jpg

Posting for maximum Codex butthurt. :lol:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Wow, they made the coopers in copper color, impressive attention to detail, Beamdog. :roll:

Posting for maximum Codex butthurt. :lol:

These updates being new UI buttons and a shitty main menu? They needed a writer for that, yeah.

Meehow

Barely Literate
Sooo... twenty bucks for things that mods can do and have been doing free of charge for years. Great, sign me up!

Wait. Mods don't make the game uglier.

Meehow

Barely Literate
I bought Enhanced Editions of Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II almost three years ago. I'm sorry -- even though it happened way before Beamdog's SJW shit -- I'm probably part of the horror we're experiencing right now. I hope I can be forgiven someday.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
One thing to note: proper mods let you choose what you want and what not and that is the case for Planescape: Torment mods. Beamdog hacks on the other hand shove everything down our throats and add faggots and other tranny companions instead of letting us install only technical improvements.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
One thing to note: proper mods let you choose what you want and what not and that is the case for Planescape: Torment mods. Beamdog hacks on the other hand shove everything down our throats ...
Chris Avellone (Lead Designer on the Original Planescape: Torment and the Enhanced Decision) said:
Shouldn't the game be played the way its creator thinks best? It's clear he thinks the incomplete 1999 version is "hands-down" inferior...

hexer

One thing to note: proper mods let you choose what you want and what not and that is the case for Planescape: Torment mods. Beamdog hacks on the other hand shove everything down our throats ...
Chris Avellone (Lead Designer on the Original Planescape: Torment and the Enhanced Decision) said:
Shouldn't the game be played the way its creator thinks best? It's clear he thinks the incomplete 1999 version is "hands-down" inferior...

It's a good thing MCA doesn't give off those George Lucas vibes ::shudder::

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom