Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eador Genesis

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Today, poison shots are the Ratmen's crowning achievement.
This is closer to the original than my version, I changed the subject from the shots to the shooters, I couldn't make it sounds good as it was, I still think it reads odd (shots/projectiles became a crowing achievement?) but it will do, I can't think of anything better without changing the original. Everything else is good.

После Раскола Эадора выжившие расы, населяющие его поверхность, с удивлением обнаружили невиданных доселе существ.

After the Sundering of Eador, the surviving races on its surface were astonished to encounter creatures never seen before.

Удивление это вполне понятно, ведь крысолюды-скрытты - раса довольно необычная.

Their surprise was quite understandable because the Ratmen, or Skreets, are a rather unusual race.

Ни в одной древней легенде не говорится об их существовании и, похоже, ни один бог не приложил руку к их появлению на свет.

None of the ancient legends mentions them and it seems that no god had a hand in their creation.

Предполагается, что у этих обитателей подземелий существовали общие предки с кобольдами, а причиной их особого пути развития, в результате которого они приобрели свой нынешний вид и немалую численность, называют влияние Кристаллов Смерти.

It is assumed that these underground dwellers share a common ancestors with kobolds, and the reason they evolved differently, acquiring their current appearance and considerable size, was the influence of Death Crystals.

И в самом деле, начав после Катаклизма обживать поверхность, скрытты не обладали ни могучими армиями, ни особой магией.

In fact, when the Skreets started to settle the surface world after the Cataclysm they had neither powerful armies nor unique magic.

Однако у них была потрясающая устойчивостью к всевозможным эпидемиям, которые в Тёмные времена успели опустошить немало областей, так что крысолюды просто занимали ставшие ничьими земли.

What they did have was an amazing resistance to all kinds of diseases, many of which depopulated large swathes of land in these dark times, so the Ratmen simply moved into these vacant areas.

Именно эта особенность и поныне хранит владения крысолюдов лучше любой пограничной стражи.

It’s this resistance that protects Ratmen lands better than any border guard.

Неоднократно зафиксированы случаи, когда люди или представители иной расы, завоевав земли скрыттов и начав их осваивать, очень быстро уничтожались внезапной вспышкой чумы или иной смертоносной болезни.

There are many documented cases where another race conquered the Skreets and begun to rule over them only to be wiped out by an outbreak of some deadly disease.

Складывается впечатление, что крысиный народ имеет особую власть над моровыми поветриями, так что нынешние завоеватели, как правило, ограничиваются требованием признания своей верховной власти, но даже не пытаются уничтожить или выселить скрыттов куда-либо с их территорий.

One might get the impression that the Ratmen have a special control over the miasma, so generally even when they’re conquered, their new rulers only demand a limited recognition of their power and do not even try to kill or expel the Skreets from their territory.

Нынешние крысолюды стараются не вступать в серьёзные конфликты ни с жителями поверхности, ни с обитателями подземелий.

Present day Ratmen try to not engage in serious conflicts with the inhabitants of the surface or the underworld.

Тем не менее, нередко они устраивают тайные грабительские вылазки, причастность к которым их лидеры стараются отрицать.

They do, however, often engage in covert raids for plunder, which their leaders deny involvement in.

Этому есть вполне естественное объяснение:

There is a completely natural explanation for this:

плодятся крысолюды очень быстро, хоть их продолжительность жизни и невелика, а поскольку они практически не занимаются ни сельским хозяйством, ни ремеслом, проблема обеспечения продовольствием молодняка стоит для скрыттов достаточно остро.

Ratmen breed very fast, and while their life expectancy is short, they do very little agriculture and trade, so there’s always a problem with food for young Skreets.

Многие из них из-за этого предпочитают переселяться в земли других народов, и нередко разведчики людей или гномов с удивлением находят в пещерах родных гор целые крысиные города.

This is why many of them opt to move to other lands, and why many humans and dwarves living in the mountains suddenly discover entire Ratmen cities in the caves beneath their home provinces.

Тем не менее, подобная территориальная разбросанность не мешает скрыттам осознавать себя членами одной большой общины, что подкрепляется и пронесённой ими через века верой: своим богом все скрытты всех Осколков считают некоего Великого Крысса.

Despite this migratory behaviour, all Skreets recognize themselves as a part of a larger community that has been united by common faith throughout the ages, as all Ratmen on all Shards believe in a beign called the Great Rat.

Мудрецы иных народов сомневаются в реальном существовании такого божества, но для крысолюдов его имя и его заповеди неизменно святы.

The wise men of other races question the existence this deity, but to the Ratmen his name and commandments are sacred.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
o6H8T83.jpg

You know what happened... Right?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
He met leveled up clan of giants second time, after he lost his high level army when giants obliterated him as a first target.

Also it's funny when some giants have 22 morale, and fear does only 20, and they are spread out thus not all of them are hit.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Because nobody else has posted it: English version 270b was released
http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=4057
http://eador.online.fr/Eador270b.zip
I haven't tried it myself yet so I don't know how the translations were edited and implemented but everything should be in English at least.

If you prefer the main menu music from the Russian version like me (it's quieter and fits better with the rest of the soundtrack IMO), download and replace music.dat in Eador/dat.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/nryn02

Turn 67.
I know I'm behind in levels (Level 7 hero), but this is ridiculous :dealwithit:

ajOgriT.jpg

I like what I'm seeing so far in the new patch though.

The new Harpy skill is fun, and the Triple Blade spell is good for taking down spellcasters in the back lines, early into the game.

I usually relied on Burn Ammo for that, but that affects your Karma.

EDIT:

The new patch performs pretty badly if you're not playing with a custom power plan, but if you open 2 instances of the game, and play in the second one, the stuttering disappears.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Burn ammo spell itself is karma neutral as far as I know, so it's fine if you find a scroll but if you want to build and utilize the chaos magic school in other ways you'll take a huge karma hit from almost everything else there.

Burn ammo spell itself is karma neutral as far as I know, so it's fine if you find a scroll but if you want to build and utilize the chaos magic school in other ways you'll take a huge karma hit from almost everything else there.

Ok, so the spell itself doesn't affect your Karma, but building the Chaos school does, right?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Currently fighting with B. and discovered that because I though they have too strong heroes because he has much more territory, I don't have a chance. But now I discovered he has that big magic guards. Thus conquering his capital is impossible. And if I did, Vianta would declare immediately and steamroll me. If I declared on Vianta instead, B. would attack Oinor and removed him, and possibly he would be able to finish him and recover before I'd finish Vianta.

BTW Vianta has centaur guard, and as everyone know, it's one of most obnoxious guards you can get. Now I have a little problem when B. refuses to accept peace even with 2000 gold and lots of gems...

BTW Vianta has wood, and B. has the magic important resource. So basically healer costs 100 gold only to hire. I don't remember how to fight small and average shards, I'm currently too used to large. On the positive side I have 5000 gold, and no way to hire T3 units.

BTW last three units from mercenary guild were. Barb, Crossbowman, Orc. Harpy.

Last edited:

Old One

Arcane
That's interesting. How does this work, exactly?

Surely creating skeletons and summoning demons damages your karma even if you haven't built any chaos buildings, right?

I'm glad it works that way - Burn Ammo doesn't seem like an inherently evil spell.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
I'm not sure if building a chaos magic school lowers your karma (if it does it's an insignificant one-off) but casting most chaos/necromancy spells and rituals does every time even if you got them from scrolls. Some spells from these schools aren't considered evil (like burn ammo or vulnerability) so you can use them while playing for the good side, you just won't be able to utilize the school to its full potential but if you got them from scrolls there's absolutely nothing wrong with using them. There are also some spells and rituals from neutral schools that lower your karma, like the Enchanted Coffer that steals gold from the population in a province.

The luck thing... there's nothing in the changelog about it, I think it's just showing when you get the highest/lowest roll possible when attacking, which has always been there, there's a small RNG component to damage so you can't plan every kill perfectly in advance, it's like +/- 20% on every attack and a different formula when attacking something with defense higher than your attack.

The luck thing... there's nothing in the changelog about it, I think it's just showing when you get the highest/lowest roll possible when attacking, which has always been there, there's a small RNG component to damage so you can't plan every kill perfectly in advance, it's like +/- 20% on every attack and a different formula when attacking something with defense higher than your attack.

Interesting, I didn't know that, it's well hidden.

I can usually predict if I get a kill - at least I think i can. I need to watch this carefully.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Yeah, it usually doesn't matter and you don't even notice it's there but if you pay attention to exact attack-defense-hp numbers there are small 1-2 damage differences sometimes.

Old One

Arcane
...casting most chaos/necromancy spells and rituals does every time even if you got them from scrolls. Some spells from these schools aren't considered evil (like burn ammo or vulnerability) so you can use them while playing for the good side, you just won't be able to utilize the school to its full potential but if you got them from scrolls there's absolutely nothing wrong with using them. There are also some spells and rituals from neutral schools that lower your karma, like the Enchanted Coffer that steals gold from the population in a province.
I like that approach. It's logical.

It makes me want a complete list of non-karma-damaging chaos spells. What about Inferno? There doesn't seem to be anything inherently evil about a plain, old damage spell.

I suppose the answers are in the data files.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
All summoning from chaos school, and all damaging spells from chaos school have hit. Mass disease, and mass suicide have hits too. And don't forget on Vampirism.
Skeleton is -1
Zombie -1
Ghoul -2
Ghost -5
Vampire -15. Or something like that. Considering you want to cast them in majority of combats, it accumulates quicky.
One Dark Pact is only -5, but as long as you don't lose that unit, you doesn't need to cast it again, thus you can end with "pure".
There are only two spells which have positive modifier. (Coincidentally one that would even evil arch mage wanna cast.)

Trying out the reworked Ratmen. They are fun but tricky to play,

I'm not sure I understand this skill correctly though.

Anyone?

goxJzVI.jpg

Turn 95, Expert, Very Large Shard

LZuwCj3.jpg

This happens almost every game now, and it's starting to piss me off to be honest.

Boon947 Do you know if there's any plans involving reworking how the enemy "cheats"?

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Turn 95, Expert, Very Large Shard
This happens sometimes, usually on larger shards, yeah. I think it's a bug with how the AI gets XP from fights and/or how the autobattles between AI lords and AI neutrals are calculated (I've seen the AI take on neutral provinces with vampires and ghosts with fucking nothing), but from what I've read on the forum it's supposed to have been fixed a couple of versions ago. But, yeah, it was still happening the last time I've played the campaign on the previous version so I'm not surprised it's still here.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
The thing is that even if the AI got a perfect start and found the labyrinth at the exact perfect moment to get minotaurs for the commander just when they got tier 3 slots for all of them I still don't see how they level up 5 of them to level 30 in under 100 turns. Even taking no loses (and the AI can be pretty retarded about that) and fighting a battle every turn (which is impossible because you have to move) where did the XP come from? That's why it seems like a bug and not super leet russian AI scripting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom