Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Bloom: Memories - a new kind of action adventure RPG by Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
So, update coming at the end of the week on KS (showing some abilities and running around and whatnot). But this month I've also been doing some portraits for the dialogue screens. Threw some together for a test of a cover or something? Thoughts?

tu4MiWg.png

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That would be great box art ... if boxes still existed.

Looking forward to the 2560x1440 verson of the same art for my desktop :)

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
That would be great box art ... if boxes still existed.

Boxed versions still exist! Indiebox and stuff like that. I'm going to be making a limited physical version.

Also here is another portrait I just did for dialogue screens....probably will work on him more later ....I might name him Notgroot.

muyhew8.png

Last edited:
Weasel
The Dex's favourite tranny-produced game has a new update - new KS incoming (but no sign of a micro-issue counter yet) :salute:

Hey there everyone! Time for another exciting update!

Development Recap!
I put together this parody video explaining our journey so far! Forgive my horrible editing skills :P

Apparently people believe this will get C&D? So, watch it while you can....even though this is definitely parody, we don't have the money to fight large corporations over something so stupid :P

Demo

402d1a857802f60729fb8b2dd79314e0_original.gif

The demo is almost here!! As I said before, it will be the first 2 days of the prologue... more of a show of where we are. We are just finishing up the last few bugs and getting the last features in place (like the bestiary).

It has been a lot of "squash one bug, two pop up" type of situation....but now I'm pretty comfortable in saying it will be ...soon (I've miscalculated how long stuff takes so many times now, I'm getting shy about giving concrete times....oh no, I've caught developer-itis.....ok ok, hopefully in less than a week, best guess!).

I had been holding off this update till we had it ready, but since we are making noise in other ways today....figured should make it now and keep you all up to date.

Final Push Preparations!
As I mentioned a while ago, we could really use some extra help on the final push of development. Development on this hasn't been an easy road (as you all know).

It isn't a situation of "if we don't get help, the project is over!!" (it can never really get to that point). But, a resource injection would help smooth out the final year (and maybe even let us get our characters voiced! Or be able to do marketing at some point!).

c6b8455a22457fd12cb71b17cf68bfe0_original.gif

So, what is ahead?

• Well, first off we launched a Patreon today to get ready for when the demo is released and we have a few more eyes on us.
  • Next we will be coming out with the demo in a week or two and making some early noise to let people know we are coming. It has been a while of quiet development, so good to be out there some more. Having this early deadline has helped us push the last bits to get our game systems in place too, so has been great for development (even with a little extra time spent doing videos or a teaser).
  • At the same time, we will launch another kickstarter to boost the noise (and get a bit more support to help out).
  • Then....it will be into quiet development again for 4 - 6 months as I run through the game importing the content.
  • After that, I'll be making a bit more noise as we move into the final phase before release (the prologue will be released sometime in this period, before the full game).
  • And then.....full release! Probably will eat shwarma or something to celebrate (it is pretty good).
Anyhow, that is the big plan!! Would love to hear what you all think :) Next update will be once the demo is ready! ((Still on the fence of how to handle getting it all to you early....and also giving media time to look at it before released everywhere.....hmm. Oh well, I'll figure something out!)).

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
Stopped caring when I got to this part

PO6ToHz.png

Which part is that? o.O Also, if you are talking about the video, you can probably ignore it ....the video is really cheesecake.

The actual trailer will be coming with the demo soon (all game footage and whatnot).

hello friend

Arcane
Maybe show a bit more combat. A trailer is a good opportunity to demonstrate the gameplay - which you've done here, for the most part, but if I hadn't been following the kickstarter and this thread I'd probably not have been interested based on this trailer. The art is good, but there are plenty of games that look great but are a chore to play. What the gameplay is like is the #1 thing I look for in a trailer. Most game trailers I'll just skip forward a few times, then exit the tab - the majority of studios don't really show gameplay anymore.

What this teaser trailer tells me is that

1) The game is real time
2) Has dialogue trees
3) Interesting art
4) Chill soundtrack

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
Maybe show a bit more combat. A trailer is a good opportunity to demonstrate the gameplay

Yea, not having enough action worries me. The problem is at this stage with the demo, the demo character is the one set up with all the attacks and this other character doesn't have theirs yet.

I was hoping I could get away with this as the teaser, and then do a bunch of gameplay gifs (from the demo) under it. Using this video as a "if this interests you, scroll down", instead of trying to sell the entire thing on its own?

Or try to throw in the demo character in the teaser....but suddenly switching back and forth between characters seems like it would be confusing?

Hopefully most people come to it from seeing someone playing the demo already too.

hello friend

Arcane
I was hoping I could get away with this as the teaser, and then do a bunch of gameplay gifs (from the demo) under it. Using this video as a "if this interests you, scroll down", instead of trying to sell the entire thing on its own?

Or try to throw in the demo character in the teaser....but suddenly switching back and forth between characters seems like it would be confusing?
Both of these things sound good. I don't think it would be confusing at all.

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
I ran around with the prologue character and made another one with hot forest stick action :o

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
Works best with controller :)

What controller would you recommend?

I use an xbox one....I heard they were good (but I have no idea). I think I actually got it for testing and HATED the idea of controllers on PC for games before that.

But once I got it, I actually found it is pretty nice and became my preferred method to play some games (like sonic, or fighting games).

The game is fully supported with keyboard and mouse too....just no key rebinding options yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom