Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Battle Brothers Released

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sooo I just tried out the "demo" wanting just to take the game for a spin... and then spent like 8 hours playing it
It is fucking good
A bit too obscure on some of its systems and can be very punishing to start but damn is it good
Didn't like some of the random elements like replaying the same battle had wildly different outcomes but still loved it
The overland map, the text for quests and interactions gave me the strongest Darklands vibe I have felt in a long time
Wanted to play some more but will hold off for the GOG release to make sure the developers get their $$$

Archibald

Arcane
Finally, gongratulations and I hope it sells well. This also has shown to be good thread to identify retards.

Doktor Best

Arcane
which is what made good games like JA2 great.

JA2 is still unbeatable, the king of his genre with SS. At some point or another you need to stop comparing new games with them, as no one can stand against them.

I would also add Ufo Enemy Unknown.

From what i read what Battle Brother currently lacks is a real "win state". There are soft ends to the game whenever you solved a crisis, but i can see how this form of open ended game can put people off.

Few games allow us to consider the fragility and brevity of life as this one. Good work, Overhype! (now, please, get your game on GOG asap)

giphy.gif

I love how he cuts through plate armour like it's paper.

JA2 is still unbeatable, the king of his genre with SS. At some point or another you need to stop comparing new games with them, as no one can stand against them.

I would also add Ufo Enemy Unknown.

From what i read what Battle Brother currently lacks is a real "win state". There are soft ends to the game whenever you solved a crisis, but i can see how this form of open ended game can put people off.

Ample opportunity for a "campaign" DLC with a story and direction. rapsdjff

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

Bullshit. FFS the basic framework more or less makes itself. The rest is a matter of time and effort.

Not much reason to try as long as people are happy with whatever anyway.

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
For those of you who are into Fantasy Strategy Boardgames (like Heroscape) I suggest taking a look into Wartile. It's still very, very early access, but it tries to give a good vibe of miniature combat. My only negative point is that it doesn't allow TB strategy.
Take a look anyway.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps

Yeah, it's not fair to compare. You need a 100 million dollar AAA budget with 1000 developers to make a game with sprites that have legs.

Destroid

Arcane

Yeah, it's not fair to compare. You need a 100 million dollar AAA budget with 1000 developers to make a game with sprites that have legs.

It looks weird in videos but it's totally fine once you are playing the game.

PrettyDeadman

The game hasnt got much going for it except for very repetetive grinding. The combat system is pretty cool though. There are only few types of quests (basically you either have to go to other town on the other side of the map, or has to fight a group of enemies which is either roaming or stays at fixed point). Quest fights are no different from random encounters (same enemy design, arena, weapons they use and etc).

The game is still very fun though. Totally worth its price.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Lemme tell you, kids, it's all about hard work. I started with nothing but I worked hard and 15 hours later I'm running a crew of great renown: 12 good men, eager to kill or in good spirits. Even the noble houses are willing to do business with me now. High society, here I come! I had a rough start - my first achievements were bloody toll (lost a man), time to rebuild (lost half the crew in one battle), and flee from combat, but I didn't give up. I kept recruiting and losing men left and right, letting natural selection take its course and separate the wheat from the chaff.

Love the game, addictive as fuck, 10/10.

Last edited:

PrettyDeadman

So im starting a expert ironman run. Hels off from playing till release. Any gud beginner tips?
Starting points in melee combat are more important than ammount of stars (potential). Even with 0 stars you could get +3 points in melee on level up.
I usually go for people with 57+ in melee.
Its good to have back row guys with long reash weapons (spears, bullhorn).
Royal troops and orc berserks are very tough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom