Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Cormac hangs to the rear and watches the battle. Ready to play cowardly combat medic if the need arises.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr lets an arrow loose and it flies true and sinks into the beast's thick rubbery hide. Mab lets his slingstone fly and it also finds its mark, but they way it bounces off of the creature's broad head, makes you wonder if it did much damage.
armor rolls [1d10] = 2, [1d10] = 10 vs missiles

Not to be outdone, Borric cocks his arm with a lit torch and sends it hurtling end over end at the creature. He has no trouble getting the torch there
ERYFKRAD Make a Luck roll (POWx5), if successful, then the "burn-y" bit hit the weird frog, and not, then the handle. if you pass that roll, roll 1D6.

Just as Rhenmyr and Borric complete their missile attacks the lumbering bulk surges through the water as fast as a galloping horse (and probably twice as big). A wave of black, marsh water surges in front of it dousing everyone nearby.
It lashes wildly with four snake-like tentacles 10' long and as thick as a man's leg.
4 tentacles (35%) [1d100] = 96, [1d100] = 7, [1d100] = 54, [1d100] = 64
2 fly over Borric's head, another misses Marcan wildly, but the fourth strikes at Ker with a special success.
tentacle target 1-2 Ker, 3-4 Borric, 5-6 Marcan [1d6] = 2
Tentacle Damage vs. Ker [1d8] = 3+[3d6] = 15
Ker tries to dodge out of the way, but is smashed.
Ker's dodge (107) [1d100] = 70
His armor doesn't seem to offer much in the way of protection and he suffers a major wound
Ker's armor roll [1d4-1] = 2-1 = 1

Rather unexpectedly, the creature opens it's massive jaws and its tongue jets out at Ker
Tongue attack (50%) [1d100] = 19, damage [1d8] = 4
Ker leans back attempting to dodge it as well, and just ducks out of the way, but is completely helpless after the crushing blow from the tentacle.
Ker's dodge (107-30=77%) [1d100] = 25

Urash begins his incantation.

Everybody else can make their move.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Helly I know you're not in the game any more, but I figured you'd want to see this. I promise all of this came about by pure random chance and I didn't set it up ... if this is the end, then this is one helluva way to go out with style.
:salute:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán ducks behind some low willows and creeps up behind the things wildly lashing tentacle and lands a vicious cut on the pink-white flesh of its underbelly opening up a sizable wound. Viscous black blood starts to ooze forth
frog beast's armor vs Marcán [1d10] = 2

Siveon Don't forget that you have a +1d4 damage bonus from your Strength and Size. Roll that and add it to the total.

Llywelyn ap Gruffydd Cormac can try to act before the next round starts

nikolokolus

Arcane
L'ennui When your spell goes off at the start of the next round (Spells phase goes first) make a POW vs. POW roll with d100 (you want low) if you pass, then mark down somewhere that you successfully overcame this test; you'll have a chance to permanently raise your POW characteristic when I call for experience rolls.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
L'ennui When your spell goes off at the start of the next round (Spells phase goes first) make a POW vs. POW roll with d100 (you want low) if you pass, then mark down somewhere that you successfully overcame this test; you'll have a chance to permanently raise your POW characteristic when I call for experience rolls.
How close is Borric to the hentai-frog now?

nikolokolus

Arcane
How close is Borric to the hentai-frog now?
2m (6'). Close enough that you you don't have to spend any MV (1 MV =3m) to get close enough to strike, but you'll still have to make a dodge first to get close enough to attack it with a melee weapon on your turn in the next round (which is coming up, after Cormac does (or doesn't) do something.

L'ennui

Magister

I rolled the resisted POW vs POW in the post where I declared I was casting the spell. Rolled a 20. Do you want a new roll?

[Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

nikolokolus

Arcane

I rolled the resisted POW vs POW in the post where I declared I was casting the spell. Rolled a 20. Do you want a new roll?

Whoops, my bad ... I lost track of it. Nevermind ... When your spell goes off at the start of the next round, your spell will take effect -- you needed a 45 or better.
Add 1 point to your Chaos/Shadow score.

L'ennui

Magister

Whoops, my bad ... I lost track of it. Nevermind ... When your spell goes off at the start of the next round, your spell will take effect -- you needed a 45 or better.
Add 1 point to your Chaos/Shadow score.
Done! Also marked the experience checkbox for the Power roll.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Siveon Don't forget that you have a +1d4 damage bonus from your Strength and Size. Roll that and add it to the total.

Due to Marcán's bulging muscles and tall stature, he does an insane extra

damage to the beast.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Urash finishes his incantation. The air around the Frog thing shimmers faintly and it begins to writhe and splash violently. It heaves its great bulk forward, stepping on Ker, squashing him in the muck and more. The beast seems enraged with pain and is blindly and impotently flailing about. It turns tail and attempts to flee into the deep dark waters of the marsh.

(Everyone can make an attack that it cannot dodge).

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Well, that seems to moot my plan of action. Good job, L'ennui !Question: If Rhenmyr and Borric (higher in the initiative order) manage to down the beast, would that prevent Ker being stepped on or is that a done deal?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Well, that seems to moot my plan of action. Good job, L'ennui !Question: If Rhenmyr and Borric (higher in the initiative order) manage to down the beast, would that prevent Ker being stepped on or is that a done deal?
The Magic Phase happens before any other actions, so the thing started flailing around in agony. I rolled to see which directions it went and 'forward' was one of them. Its proximity to Ker and the fact that Ker is 'post-holed' up to his armpits made it pretty much a fait accompli given the creature's massive bulk and that its belly/chest touch the ground . . . no matter what, Ker Gwez's clock was ticking, it's just a bonus that I didn't have to use GM fiat to make him "disappear."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom