Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Turjan

Arcane

Turjan

Arcane
Are we gonna have the "all rpgs are inherently conservative" debate again now? :M
I guess I must have missed that one. Not from my point of view. I'm specifically talking about tone here, and specifically about the FR. And the FR, for me, are like some Hollywood version of the American frontier, just with some exotic window dressing, and people there principally behave like they behaved when the setting was written, so basically modern. Any mushroom-eating hippies are fine for the setting. Also, the creator had a hard time writing anything without sexual innuendo, so that isn't specifically out of place, either.

That doesn't excuse the specific Beamdog twist on things, but cringy romances were basically what much of BG modding has been about for decades now.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah except one is in a post-apo setting the other is on fantasy renaissance.

Yeah, that's what I said.

Beamdog should have played it safe and stuck to Python-esque dialogue.

odyuBRf.png

FOnRDiZ.png

YiCnbfu.png

Rev

Arcane
She was fired after SoD right?
She left for "personal reasons", aka it's bullshit and they fired her but let her go out with some "dignity" instead of being officially marked as the reason why SoD sucked.

Last edited:

btbgfel

Scholar
Yeah, but I meant with the main character. Unless you count that one-off werewolf which comes out of nowhere. They didn't add gay romances among NPCs either.
From what I heard in some bg forum, that "female" werewolf male charname met is actually flagged as "male" in gender.:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Someone bored enough to check it in nearinfinity?:roll:

laclongquan

Arcane
The problem with shitty writers is not just their shitty writings. It is that they think they write the good shits. And they attempt to force their writings into people's throats.

In the old days amateur writers ambush unsuspected victims and read for them. In these days and ages of enlightenment, amateur writers go into game development.

Fuck Beamdog writings!

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Mizhena is not a companion, fuckwit
What does one mistake matter? The point is they're totally fucked up and add faggots and other sick people in ridiculous amounts.
Isn't it about time there is a subforum dedicated to Beamdog Studios?
They're hacks who have never made their own IP, they don't deserve their own subforum. And with a bit of luck they will die soon enough anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom