Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Who are these 2 'faggots' they added in BG1? There are no romances in BG1. Unless you mean SoD, which nobody cares about.

pippin

In theory, there *are* romances, if you consider Khalid and Jaheira. And the overly friendly attitude Imoen had about you (and the convenient step sister relationship) encouraged many of the early modders for the game.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, but I meant with the main character. Unless you count that one-off werewolf which comes out of nowhere. They didn't add gay romances among NPCs either.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
PST€€

Jokes apart, what's the problem with the EE editions? (seriously) I found all of them after some patches to be pretty good to the point of recommending them to people who wanted to play the games but didn't want to lose time with tutorials, 400 exes, problems with high res screens and so.

And I ask about EE not dragonspear.

Beamdog has been hated on the Codex ever since they came out with BG:EE in 2012. It was seen as a buggy cash-grab and Trent Oster as an arrogant prick who wasn't treating the franchise with respect. Later on, they hired modders like aVENGER and fixed the games up, and IWD:EE was a solid enough release, but by then it was too late to fix the bad first impression.

They had a chance to repair their reputation with Dragonspear, which had an audience of PoE haters ready to embrace it in early 2016, but then they had to go and fuck that up with SJW shit. It's quite sad, really.

Beamdog is hated because they turned a good franchise into a cashgrab, adding alnost nothing new which mods did not provide already and the little which was new added nothing of value. I was not even present on the Codex was released and that were exactly my griefs with them. How retards can buy their shit and tell me with a sincere face that it isn't shit is just mind boggeling.
All they deserve is scorn and ridicule.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I haven't played SoD but wasn't the ''controversial'' npc a pretty irrelevant one? and one that merely hinted about being a tranny in like 1 line? if that's the case losing your shit and crying about such a peripheral, irrelevant case of tokenism seems like a bunch of whiny overracting to me.
It's not just one character.
In the link you can see more example of their terrible writing:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-on-a-new-d-d-crpg.109262/page-2#post-4581334
OEwt1Tj.jpg

MoARYgP53M.png

ePVE4Pl.png

Gunnar

Arbiter
Beamdog is hated because the turned a good franchise into a cashgrab, adding nothing nothing new which mods did not provide or anything of value. I was not even present on the Codex was released and that were exactly my griefs with them. How retards can buy their shit and tell me with a sincere face that it isn't shit is just mind boggeling.
All they deserve is scorn and ridicule.

Gas all Beamdog supporters immediately.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

How retards can buy their shit and tell me with a sincere face that it isn't shit is just mind boggeling.
They're just closet casuals who have garbage taste and either don't realize it or don't want to own up to it.

I enjoyed (heavily) Modded Skyrim. It's garbage and I can admit that, but it scratched that Daggerfall itch for me. If I were like them though, I'd defend Skyrim as a good game and write off criticism of the writing as you all just being whiners.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The weirdest part about Dorn is that he "romances" all races. I was playing my usual CN male gnome, expecting that this would doom my character to inceldom, when almost out of the blue (the previous convos didn't look like flirting to me) the big guy wants to have sex with the midget. The whole dialogue felt pretty aggressive and since in every other conversation he seemed ready to kill anyone who disagreed with him, I "accepted" his uh... proposition. So I guess I could say that BGEE raped me, in more than one way.

Fairfax

Arcane
I haven't played SoD but wasn't the ''controversial'' npc a pretty irrelevant one? and one that merely hinted about being a tranny in like 1 line? if that's the case losing your shit and crying about such a peripheral, irrelevant case of tokenism seems like a bunch of whiny overracting to me.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-on-a-new-d-d-crpg.109262/page-2#post-4581334
OEwt1Tj.jpg

MoARYgP53M.png

ePVE4Pl.png
Wait, is the second picture real?

Quillon

Arcane
OEwt1Tj.jpg

MoARYgP53M.png

ePVE4Pl.png
Wait, is the second picture real?

Its real man. Like. WOAH.

I have no idea.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom