Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
(...) PS:T is a pretty great game, there is no reason to change any part of the story or mechanics, unless you're talking about bug fixes. Adding cut content is okay as long as that's all you're adding, and you have buy-in from the original authors. But I don't want to come across your shitty fan-fiction sandwiched in between an already great game.
I think it's naive to think that they won't add anything, they have shitty writers for a reason, additional deviant companions will be definitely in. Let's see what companions they've added:

faggot: Schael Corwin
nigger faggot: Dorn Il-Khan
faggot: Glint Gardnersonson
faggot: Hexxat
trans: MizhenaMizhena
:negative:
They fired her.
Which doesn't mean a thing since more retards like her are still working there, not to mention people who allowed this SJW shit in.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Maybe they'll announce the new true spiritual real sucessor of P:T

Yeah, I'm getting new hopes that this is a completely new game (obviously full of trannies and agenders) in the Planescape setting. Probably The Abyss.

If that is the case, we are safe. We just need some hero to play it and write a mocking review for us to point and laugh (I love doing that).

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm playing SoD right now (I'm at that Dumathoin place Lilura is talking about) and the dungeons and encounters seem solid and some of them even quite ingenious. Unfortunately, the game takes a dip in quality whenever people start talking or when you are not raiding dungeons (I found the part after the tutorial, in the city of Baldur's Gate, to be insufferable especially because it feels unnecessary, as if it exists only for the writers to show off.) I really blame the writing, and the occasional clumsy signaling or soapboxing (e.g. that Maizena thing) isn't the worst instance even though it's the only thing most people remember.

Delbaeth

Learned
Maybe they'll announce the new true spiritual real sucessor of P:T

Planescape: Torment 2.
Follows right the end of Planescape: Torment.

Follow Nameless One in its everlasting struggle in Carceri, during the Blood Wars.
Fight Tanar'i, Baatezus and Yugoloth aside.

The true real successor of Planescape: Torment = The true spiritual real successor of Diablo (the real Diablo III then).

Makes sense.

Or not.

Rev

Arcane
They had a chance to repair their reputation with Dragonspear, which had an audience of PoE haters ready to embrace it in early 2016, but then they had to go and fuck that up with SJW shit. It's quite sad, really.
It's not sad, they deserved everything they got after what they did with SoD and even before that for hiring hacks such as Miss Scott, who should've never been in that position in the first place.
It's actually quite refreshing to see a company fail that hard and get some payback for all their SJW forced bullshit they put in a classic game that didn't need any of that shit.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
It's actually quite refreshing to see a company fail that hard

And yet they are still plodding along just fine. Will be on the receiving end of a big cash-in on PST:EE and they're sitting pretty. Gaider on board for their next project.

The buttmadness on the 'Dex will be perpetual. :lol:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

They had a chance to repair their reputation with Dragonspear, which had an audience of PoE haters ready to embrace it in early 2016, but then they had to go and fuck that up with SJW shit. It's quite sad, really.
Yeah, I wanted to give it a chance, but after seeing the SJW crap in it, I gave it up for dead. Sounds like I didn't miss much even apart from that stuff though.

If Beamdog wanted to make their own characters etc and give us a new adventure, I'd almost be on board - if I saw evidence they had the talent for it or were trying to acquire that talent, which I haven't seen so far. I loved the BG games' mage combat and none of the decline that came after it ever scratched that itch.

But if they keep inserting their politics into games, making cheap cash grabs or altering/adding to existing games and characters, I don't want to give them my money. And I certainly don't want to cheer them on as I see them resurecting franchise after franchise in order to make a little money off of them while watering them down with their decline.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I got BG2EE at the end of 2015 because my old BG2 discs are done for and I wanted the replay it a bit with some of the "newer" mods.
Had no tech trouble at that point, but of course that must have been after a billion patches.

The writing was dumber than I remembered.

No plans of supporting the sjw devs further though. Their kind have done way too much damage to my various areas of interest already. Clearly can't play nice. No dragonspear bs for me.

Nordom is now Nordoma, violently insists on everybody minding her pronouns and wears a little pink bow on the side of her head

The Modron Cube/Toy Hero is now a stalwart defender of social scape justice and no longer fights for the good of universe but for everybody to be nondescript persons. Annah and Fall-from-Grace no longer shower him with kisses

No but seriously I've been nice I've been good please don't do this to me. Turn it off, turn it off I don't want to see the Enhanced Edition.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Even if Siege of Dragonspear didn't have any outrage bait, it and everything else they've done still comes across as absurdly tacky. These are some low quality "enhancements."

Rev

Arcane
And yet they are still plodding along just fine. Will be on the receiving end of a big cash-in on PST:EE and they're sitting pretty. Gaider on board for their next project.

The buttmadness on the 'Dex will be perpetual. :lol:
I can't understand how can you rush in defense of Beamdog, of all developers. I mean, I'm sure you can find one good dungeon in most rpgs out there, after all.
And even if some of their employees did a good job and some parts of the game were good, that doesn't excuse all the shit writing you have to endure from beginning to end, the political agenda pushed in clumsy and retarded ways, the changes to already established characters for dumb reasons and all the other crap they decided to put in the game.

Also, they're still afloat for sure, but the game flopped hard and that's a fact. So much that they have to make another of these cash-in operations instead of a new, full game.
Then again, they fired the hacks and hired some competent guys like Brent Knowles, so we can hope that they learned their lessons from SoD and make a better job in the future, but it's up on them to prove it, until that I'm not going to trust them with my money when pretty much all their original contributions to IE-games have been bad. And I'm not confident to see their hands on a game like Torment that relies purely on the quality of its writing and characters, which sucked hard in Beamdog's content.

Last edited:

Jazz_

Arcane
I haven't played SoD but wasn't the ''controversial'' npc a pretty irrelevant one? and one that merely hinted about being a tranny in like 1 line? if that's the case losing your shit and crying about such a peripheral, irrelevant case of tokenism seems like a bunch of whiny overracting to me.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I can't understand how can you rush in defense of Beamdog, of all developers.

I've criticized their work on their own venue. I'm the only one who has criticized IWD:EE in great detail. It's just funny how you schlubs carry on, mostly about a few lines of dialogue that are optional. :lol:

Rev

Arcane
I haven't played SoD but wasn't the ''controversial'' npc a pretty irrelevant one? and one that merely hinted about being a tranny in like 1 line? if that's the case losing your shit and crying about such a peripheral, irrelevant case of tokenism seems like a bunch of whiny overracting to me.
It's not just one character.
In the link you can see more example of their terrible writing:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-on-a-new-d-d-crpg.109262/page-2#post-4581334

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
"I saw a positive review of Wasteland 2 on the RPG Codex in 2014, so now I'm going to be convinced against all evidence to the contrary, including over half a year of continuous inXile hate since August 2016, that it's a Brian Fargo shill site and everybody on it is a cuck, forever."

Totally makes sense bro
You forgot the part where you cucks funded his next game.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah, the plate was covered in shit just on the edges, not the center, so why you stopped eating the soup?

I took a look at SoD's steam reviews and the negative ones have more than a thousand upvotes. The basement kids are having a lot of free time really mad. And still it has a better percentage than some other games.

Weasel
Reducing the SOD farce to 'one line about a tranny' is something one often sees, but misses out a lot of the farcical events.
I mean, let's start with the lead writer in an interview stating the original game was problematic/sexist, and she'd be changing characters like Safana accordingly - perfect marketing for an expansion to an old game targeted at the nostalgic neckbeard fans of the original :lol:
So when the token tranny clumsily arrived in-game the pitchforks and torches were already prepped and ready to go, otherwise that would have probably been a short-lived meme. Add in other ingredients like some truly shit writing with a predictable slant, Minsc spouting Gamergate references, a producer running off to Jezebel for help, statements out of Beamdog which just fanned the flames... a quality effort all round.

inb4 old ratings, but 'one line about a tranny' really underplays how laughable the whole thing was so had to dredge it up again.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
One thing that they could really mess up the game's atmosphere with is "enhancing" the original videos, which Torment has a lot of. Just remembering what they've done in BG:EE makes me cringe. I can but hope that they leave the original video as it is, because there's no chance in hell that they can come up with anything anywhere near that quality, let alone better.

Severian Silk

One thing that they could really mess up the game's atmosphere with is "enhancing" the original videos, which Torment has a lot of. Just remembering what they've done in BG:EE makes me cringe. I can but hope that they leave the original video as it is, because there's no chance in hell that they can come up with anything anywhere near that quality, let alone better.
Fear not. They have hired prosper to make their movies for them.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I don't understand the problem then, they wanted to provide true Baldur's Gate experience.
There were no faggots in BG 1 but they've added 2 of them because they're leftists (read: retards), in BG2 they've also added 2 at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom