Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Stick Fargo's name on it and the Cuckdex would buy it first day.

Holy fuck man, get over the Wasteland 2 review already
I'm already over it. It's the Cuckdex that went on to then fund NumaNuma gaem Shitscape and love it.

You sound like a retard when you talk.
Some neckbeard, Cuckdex joke writer telling me anything is hilarious. :lol:

I shave my neck.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They fired her.
You think Amber Scott was the only one, and nobody else on their team had a hand in or agreed with vomiting agenda all over the IE games? Swatting one fly buzzing around it doesn't make dogshit respectable

There was another writer, they fired him too.

But it doesn't really matter for PST:EE since I believe they're not going to be adding any writing. Worry about bugs and UI design instead.

Didn't they just demote her, not outright fire her?

She was "promoted" to some sort of marketing/PR position shortly before SoD was released, and then fired later on.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
I only acknowledge one Amber Scott
MV5BMTQ0NjI5MTk1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDEwMDk5MQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR95,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is absolutely fantabulous news! I have been wanting to replay Planescape Torment™ for a long time and now I can finally do it with the new and improved resolution and sleek moder rr r n interface that will surely offer a much improved gameplay experience on my new Alienware™ gaming rig.

I'm so hap p p pp y we have great developers such as hhhuuughghh.... Beamdog that help the modern gamer experience the clas sss s ss ssics like they were meant to be p p p p WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING, THESE THOUGHTS ARE NOT MY OWN HELP! played. HELP ME GUYS
I think whatever Randal has is catching.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
What's the problem with EE? If they only remake graphics and won't add any thing from themselves it's gonna be good.
I wonder why they didn't do it earlier, P:T is considered to be the best RPG ever, so it's free cash. You are way too pesymistic with this one.
Shit on them when they give any marks or evidence they fucked/are fucking up it. Until them keep it civil.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
The Dragonspear horseshit is a great example of sub-standard talent adding things they couldn't convincingly do, which nobody even asked for anyways. Fuck off with that, you're not getting a dime.

Siege of Dragonspear is actually pretty solid. You would know that if you played it (or read my walkthrough).

But I don't want to come across your shitty fan-fiction sandwiched in between an already great game.

They're not going to do that so calm down, you demented hothead.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I think this is another non-timezone adjusted countdown, btw. :roll: Somebody want to tell Trent?

Whose midnight is it actually counting down towards? Edmonton's?
That would make sense. It'd be a little odd if it was China's. Though maybe they are going to go full anti-colonialism and time it by Africa's midnight. For diversity. :M

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014
The Dragonspear horseshit is a great example of sub-standard talent adding things they couldn't convincingly do, which nobody even asked for anyways. Fuck off with that, you're not getting a dime.

Siege of Dragonspear is actually pretty solid. You would know that if you played it (or read my walkthrough).

"You would agree with me if you read my walkthrough" is not a compelling argument. I have also not played Revolution 360 or whatever, I don't have to. Beamdog put GamerGate references in their game, it is therefore automatically shit.

Consider what went on with Dragonspear: you had a fully staffed company working on the back of a 20 year old engine, with game rules that were already established and with a mechanic that had been around since they were all in diapers. And the game they put out was not even good enough to let them grow, and is the reason why many of the writers who worked on it have moved on, and why they are now talking about shifting gears into other things. Think about how bad you have to be at your job to basically fuck-up a expansion pack and fail to make any lasting impression with die-hard fans who will pay anything for nostalgia and who are fucking throwing money at you. Because that's what happened.

They didn't make a convincing expansion of the Baldur's Gate series. If they had, we would be talking about Baldur's Gate III or they'd be making their own properties, instead of what's happening now which is that they are glorified middle-men who get to update a 20 year old game for Steam.

But I don't want to come across your shitty fan-fiction sandwiched in between an already great game.

They're not going to do that so calm down, you demented hothead.

You mean they're not going to do what they already did? Including the changes they made to established characters to "update" them for CURRENT YEAR?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They probably did that thing Bioware did to Priestly and Woo, guilt them into quitting themselves to save money on unemployment.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
PST€€

Jokes apart, what's the problem with the EE editions? (seriously) I found all of them after some patches to be pretty good to the point of recommending them to people who wanted to play the games but didn't want to lose time with tutorials, 400 exes, problems with high res screens and so.

And I ask about EE not dragonspear.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
PST€€

Jokes apart, what's the problem with the EE editions? (seriously) I found all of them after some patches to be pretty good to the point of recommending them to people who wanted to play the games but didn't want to lose time with tutorials, 400 exes, problems with high res screens and so.

Beamdog has been hated on the Codex ever since they came out with BG:EE in 2012. It was seen as a buggy cash-grab and Trent Oster as an arrogant prick who wasn't treating the franchise with respect. Later on, they hired modders like aVENGER and fixed the games up, and IWD:EE was a solid enough release, but by then it was too late to fix the bad first impression.

They had a chance to repair their reputation with Dragonspear, which had an audience of PoE haters ready to embrace it in early 2016, but then they had to go and fuck that up with SJW shit. It's quite sad, really.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
"You would agree with me if you read my walkthrough" is not a compelling argument. I have also not played Revolution 360 or whatever, I don't have to. Beamdog put GamerGate references in their game, it is therefore automatically shit.

Check out the Dwarves of Dumathoin and Bridgefort Besieged segments to get an overview of content that wouldn't look out of place in the original BG or IWD. I have citations whereas you have nothing but buttmadness.

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014

Check out the Dwarves of Dumathoin and Bridgefort Besieged segments to get an overview of content that wouldn't look out of place in the original BG or IWD. I have citations whereas you have nothing but buttmadness.

Stop spamming your blog, I am not going to read it. Also, please never again refer to a blog link as a "citation," good christ.

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014
PST€€

Beamdog has been hated on the Codex ever since they came out with BG:EE in 2012. It was seen as a buggy cash-grab and Trent Oster as an arrogant prick who wasn't treating the franchise with respect. Later on, they hired modders like aVENGER and fixed the games up, and IWD:EE was a solid enough release, but by then it was too late to fix the bad first impression.

They had a chance to repair their reputation with Dragonspear, which had an audience of PoE haters ready to embrace it in early 2016, but then they had to go and fuck that up with SJW shit. It's quite sad, really.

Also, their Android release of BG2 was buggy as fuck, and the controls/UI were just fucking awful garbage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom