Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

biggestboss

Liturgist
Hopefully it's just a mistimed April Fools joke.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
if Avellone says it's fantastic, I trust him
Even if Avellobe says BGEE is fantastic, it means nothing to me beacuse of a thing called common sense.
It is a useful thing.

You still get the originals with the EEs, but they are no longer available seperately.

What if I'll buy PST before their PSTEE?

Then it's all good. You can still download the original BGs and IWD from your GOG shelve if you bought them before. Unless GOG changes it's policy in the future. Which always is a possiblity of course, so I recommend having a backup copy in store. There'll always be torrents though so there is that.

Fuck Beamdog though.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
I don't know, Goral. McComb has been pretty vocal about how he dislike that the portrayal of women in P:T was so awfully sexist, so he would probably push to do something about that and "fix" it.
They would never get away with straight up rewrites of the original setting. The worst they are going to do is crow-bar in some new characters/companions/quests - that will stick out worse than the content they added to BG1/2.

Torment's smaller scope, tighter narrative, is going to be difficult for these guys to get away with anything that doesn't seem hacky. Baldur's Gate was easier because the structure was designed to cater for modders.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think this is another non-timezone adjusted countdown, btw. :roll: Somebody want to tell Trent?

Whose midnight is it actually counting down towards? Edmonton's?

Suicidal

Arcane
This is absolutely fantabulous news! I have been wanting to replay Planescape Torment™ for a long time and now I can finally do it with the new and improved resolution and sleek moder rr r n interface that will surely offer a much improved gameplay experience on my new Alienware™ gaming rig.

I'm so hap p p pp y we have great developers such as hhhuuughghh.... Beamdog that help the modern gamer experience the clas sss s ss ssics like they were meant to be p p p p WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING, THESE THOUGHTS ARE NOT MY OWN HELP! played. HELP ME GUYS

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I don't get how people are so butthurt about these news. There are literally no reasonable excuses to hate a potential Enhanced Edition. If you like the true PS:T, buy it now. If you don't have the money, you know what must be done. In case people are not aware, GOG won't sell you PS:T in a nice book with all the feelies inside, so it being replaced with the Enhanced Edition when the original will still float around the webz is inconsequential.

Now grow a pair ffs, you are worse than SJWs when it comes to bitching.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Stick Fargo's name on it and the Cuckdex would buy it first day. They're over here freaking out when they already funded an abomination. This place has zero fucking room to talk.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I don't mind Enhanced Editions of games that update things like resolution, UI scaling, sound, normal Windows compatibility horseshit, etc. That's fine, especially with those pre and early 2000 games that tended to be buggy as fuck anyway. I get really tired of having to hunt for widescreen mods and resolution hacks and fucking with Windows to get things working. That was fun when I was younger but as I get older I have less and less patience for that shit. So I will pay $30 or $40 bucks to buy a game I already own, if the new version looks better and is playable without all of the attendant horseshit playing old games now requires.

What I will not pay money for, however, and what I do mind very much is when less-talented writers and game designers take it upon themselves to "fix" things that are not broken. The Dragonspear horseshit is a great example of sub-standard talent adding things they couldn't convincingly do, which nobody even asked for anyways. Fuck off with that, you're not getting a dime. PS:T is a pretty great game, there is no reason to change any part of the story or mechanics, unless you're talking about bug fixes. Adding cut content is okay as long as that's all you're adding, and you have buy-in from the original authors. But I don't want to come across your shitty fan-fiction sandwiched in between an already great game.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"I saw a positive review of Wasteland 2 on the RPG Codex in 2014, so now I'm going to be convinced against all evidence to the contrary, including over half a year of continuous inXile hate since August 2016, that it's a Brian Fargo shill site and everybody on it is a cuck, forever."

Totally makes sense bro

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom