Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'll take this for sure. Was hoping they would tackle IWD2:EE next, but eh. Actually I'm still hoping that IWD2:EE is doable in some form in the future. Co-oping on tablets was dope in IWD:EE so bring on the next one. :)

Hi!

It is nice to finally meet you again fluent but beware, there are some who are saying you and I are some alternative just like they have done in the past with me being a Bubble but I agree regardless that having these games modernized to play on tablets really made me enjoy the games that much more right? I played Siege of Dragonspear all through the summer on my tablet while sitting in the shade on the front porch enjoying the weather and now that PT:EE will be announced in FOUR DAYS I can play a game I missed out on and that is the top ever RPG here at the Codex right? win-win for all of us new players to the gaming scene. I do not understand all the hate in this thread yet but will be buying this one to join in on the knowledge being shared.

p.s. in case you do not know me I helped you recognize that an indy game was making use of NWN music and spell casting voices in another thread but I do not recall if the admin here changed my name yet, but I may have been Randal then the name of a childhood pet but got it changed to Sherry because Ultima 6 is my favorite game.

Thanks,
Sherry

This is not the RPGWatch. Tone down the friendliness, pls.
Sherry might not be all that seems apparent by the first look...
1315_0.jpg

DeepOcean

Arcane
Nameless one: "Hi, what is you nam-"
Rachel, the trans Aesimar: "My name is Rachel, I'm a refugee from Mount Celestia that fled from oppresion on my land, they just elected a new God there that want to ban all trans people and all the refugees from other planes. Did I forget to tell you how my nace actually rime with all the starts on Mount Celestia?
Nameless one: "Ehh... I just discovered I had something important to do over there..." Slowly start moving away from Rachel the trans Deva.
Rachel, the trans Aesimar: "Hey, I didn't tell you of my surgery yet and how that is important..."
Nameless one start running in the direction of the nearest portal available: "Fuck, even the Abyss is better than this, I'm gone!"

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Hi.

Lilura it is me from the NWN thread okay? I visit and read your blog all the time on what to download and setup and always treat people with respect and I do not go out of my way to be all edgy or whatever it is around here right? I like that you provide a blog with lots of good information for a game I got for free from GOG okay? There is no need to tone down anything, you are doing a good job for those of us new to these games and even favorite games like BG on your blog. If that is too friendly for you then you should start a hate blog or something okay? :hug: okay!

Thanks,
Sherry

:lol::lol::lol:

Okay? Okay!

My hate-blog: http://lilura1.blogspot.com/2017/03/Planescape-Torment-Enhanced-Edition.html

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
And they're riding on Numanuma's wake for more free attention I'm guessing. Should have seen this coming.

RIP memories =(

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

gosh. GOSH! What is with some of you around here with the name calling okay? I am a Bubble or a fluent or insert_name_here to make you feel better just because I like a game you do not like or have an opinion about something you do not agree with. Everyone here is so paranoid and worried about some alternative and figuring it out that you do not stop to realize there are people who just like to play games and get excited about them just as much as you hate on them. Infinitron already posted in another thread that I am not some alternative account because of the constant finger pointing okay? Is that not enough? It is like a broken record around here right?

You dance to your own beat but never take the time to change your feet!

Yes I like Pillars. Yes I am excited about Deadfire. Yes I like playing BG series and Siege of Dragonspear and yes I never played original PT and am looking forward to PT:EE but suddenly that makes me all these people and all these name calling because I do. I post to participate okay but lots of players won't be your cup of tea or mine but that is no reason to sling names from the mud.

Do you know that I was called names when I said a PT:EE game would be good because someone like me enjoyed playing BG:EE on a tablet because I made a post in the Beamdog thread? I was called names and here we are 4 days later making that post in a PT:EE thread of all things! I guess it is my fault too for suggesting it because it suddenly happened right?

I got you shipwreck reefs to explore in Deadfire of all things!

When @Randall was just trolling the PoE2 thread I thought he was an Obsidian employee looking for a thrill but now that he has expanded his work that seems less likely.

fake edit: Yes I know it was never very likely in the first place but it was fun to think.

p.s. I do not work for Obsidian.

Thanks,
Sherry

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
When @Randall was just trolling the PoE2 thread I thought he was an Obsidian employee looking for a thrill but now that he has expanded his work that seems less likely.

fake edit: Yes I know it was never very likely in the first place but it was fun to think.

p.s. I do not work for Obsidian.

Thanks,
Sherry

That's just what an Obsidian employee would say.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
The funniest thing is, I'm 100% sure that if the same job was left to inXile it wouldn't be as rage inducing. Contrary to Beamdog they do have some competent programmers instead of modders, they also have original P:T developers and MCA worked with them before. Then again they've added leftist crap to Numanuma...

Anyway, for once I'm glad that Arcanum license is such a mess.

Rev

Arcane
The funniest thing is, I'm 100% sure that if the same job was left to inXile it wouldn't be as rage inducing. Contrary to Beamdog they do have some competent programmers instead of modders, they also have original P:T developers and MCA worked with them before. Then again they've added leftist crap to Numanuma...

Anyway, for once I'm glad that Arcanum license is such a mess.
I don't know, Goral. McComb has been pretty vocal about how he dislike that the portrayal of women in P:T was so awfully sexist, so he would probably push to do something about that and "fix" it.

A user named cat

Oh boy, can't wait to see Sigil upscaled and called HD as all the classic detailed visuals are *enhanced* with mud filtering like a retard enabling HQx2 in an emulator. Fucking Beamdog, how is this company still around.

Alkarl

Learned
Plan Your Escape? That's clever Beamdog, unfortunately it will have to wait. I'm far too busy planning your euthanasia.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Last edited:

Zetor

Arcane
I just hope they add TNO-equippable katanas so he can finally become the kensai/mage he was destined to be. Who needs Dak'kon when you can chain contingency abi dalzim*3 everything to death?!

Aenra

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't ghostdog send FBI after one of the users here?

No, that was our special flower, err, forget his name.. the German dude that DU used to make fun of for failing with women.
edit: Surf Solar, that's the one.

Ghostdog is a bro dude, you've got it dead wrong.

Aenra

It's funny, isn't it.. how the LIBERAL, FREEDOM loving, SENSITIVE individuals are the ones that rat and snitch on other people? :)

But i forget, i'm just a racist.. anyway, back to topic, lol

Turjan

Arcane
Well, I have the old game, so I can't bring myself to get too worked up by imagining what Beamdog may or may not do to the game. I also think that the number of people who still buy the original PS:T nowadays is decreasing, occasional boosts like the one from the release of TToN notwithstanding. Let's see what they come up with. I expect more or less a low-effort cash grab.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom