Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Xzar

Augur
Lets hope Dorn, Neera and Rasaad are in this game.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Fugg, all MCA does is going to gorillion of talks/events, and ofcourse he will go to Beamdog hq just to show support... Btw since the price points and all the hate SoD received how can they still be afloat.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I really do not care about EE, as long as they do not add content written by people other than the original creators. New UI, new kits, ok, I do not care. I find it very interesting to restore original content that has been cut from the game. It's also interesting that it works on tablets, etc.

The additional content (created by Beamdog) I've seen in BG2 is awful and completely recognizable as it completely disassociates from the text of the game, most often adding ironic and funny answers. I really hope this does not exist in PSTEE.

In other news, I found those little ones here in the office today:
jCyS3sQ.jpg

Sacibengala

Prophet
I really do not care about EE, as long as they do not add content written by people other than the original creators. New UI, new kits, ok, I do not care. I find it very interesting to restore original content that has been cut from the game. It's also interesting that it works on tablets, etc.

The additional content (created by Beamdog) I've seen in BG2 is awful and completely recognizable as it completely disassociates from the text of the game, most often adding ironic and funny answers. I really hope this does not exist in PSTEE.

jCyS3sQ.jpg

Are they for sale?

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

jCyS3sQ.jpg

Are they for sale?

Oh, I could sell them if anyone is interested. One box is from my original game and is well used. The other box was never used and I bought it from a work friend just to have one more.

But I do not even know if it works nowadays. I do not know if it has any value.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
YES THANK GOD YESSSSSSSSSSSS.

One of my biggest issues with Planescape: Torment was that playing it was a fucking eyesore and an absolute headache if I decided to install the UI mod. This is a God send for a future PS:T playthrough.

Hopefully Icewind Dale II gets the same treatment in the future.

Sacibengala

Prophet

jCyS3sQ.jpg

Are they for sale?

Oh, I could sell them if anyone is interested. One box is from my original game and is well used. The other box was never used and I bought it from a work friend just to have one more.

Neither do I haha. But I'd love to get one of those. I didn't even knew that it was released in portuguese.

Calling it. Good-Evil axis replaced by female-male axis and Lawful-Chaotic replaced by Homo/Hetero. Rediscover who TNO was meant to be.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
It's great that Amber Scott fucked off but its a shame they still have Philip "Cockdrunk" Daigle around

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

jCyS3sQ.jpg

Are they for sale?

Dunno about those big box PST:s, but that Norton Internet Security 2010 looks pretty inviting.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I'll take this for sure. Was hoping they would tackle IWD2:EE next, but eh. Actually I'm still hoping that IWD2:EE is doable in some form in the future. Co-oping on tablets was dope in IWD:EE so bring on the next one. :)

I'd prefer IWD2 solely because it seems almost impossible to fuck up, whereas they might give PST the touch of shit.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
FUCK YEAH!! Gonna pre-order this baby!

Thanks Beamdog! Hope you guys get straight to work on IWD2EE and do something about the UI in that one.

And anyone who doesn't have the original version (I do), you should get right onto it. Once the EE is released, you prob won't be able to get it, but why you wouldn't rather get the new and improved version is beyond me.

Last edited:

Sherry

Arcane
I'll take this for sure. Was hoping they would tackle IWD2:EE next, but eh. Actually I'm still hoping that IWD2:EE is doable in some form in the future. Co-oping on tablets was dope in IWD:EE so bring on the next one. :)

Hi!

It is nice to finally meet you again fluent but beware, there are some who are saying you and I are some alternative just like they have done in the past with me being a Bubble but I agree regardless that having these games modernized to play on tablets really made me enjoy the games that much more right? I played Siege of Dragonspear all through the summer on my tablet while sitting in the shade on the front porch enjoying the weather and now that PT:EE will be announced in FOUR DAYS I can play a game I missed out on and that is the top ever RPG here at the Codex right? win-win for all of us new players to the gaming scene. I do not understand all the hate in this thread yet but will be buying this one to join in on the knowledge being shared.

p.s. in case you do not know me I helped you recognize that an indy game was making use of NWN music and spell casting voices in another thread but I do not recall if the admin here changed my name yet, but I may have been Randal then the name of a childhood pet but got it changed to Sherry because Ultima 6 is my favorite game.

Thanks,
Sherry

Last edited:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We're living in the worst timeline.
:bunkertime:
Nah. I disagree. You don't have to give money for some lukewarm rehash, as you already have the originals. Just keep on supporting the incline indies, which are numerous. So you have both the old library of classics and the newcomers with fresh ideas available to enjoy.

Rev

Arcane
I've told them we don't need any of their bullshit with P:T on their twitter. I'm not confident that they'll listen, tho.

26q1cR5.png

AMUsIrZ.png

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm seeing a lot of headless chickens flying about in here.

Is it asking too much to wait and see something solid before making snap judgements here? (Except for spotting the obvious shills.)

This could be a disaster, yes. It could also just be Beamdog shitting on Ghostdog for money and calling it a day.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Hi!

It is nice to finally meet you again fluent but beware, there are some who are saying you and I are some alternative just like they have done in the past with me being a Bubble but I agree regardless that having these games modernized to play on tablets really made me enjoy the games that much more right? I played Siege of Dragonspear all through the summer on my tablet while sitting in the shade on the front porch enjoying the weather and now that PT:EE will be announced in FOUR DAYS I can play a game I missed out on and that is the top ever RPG here at the Codex right? win-win for all of us new players to the gaming scene. I do not understand all the hate in this thread yet but will be buying this one to join in on the knowledge being shared.

p.s. in case you do not know me I helped you recognize that an indy game was making use of NWN music and spell casting voices in another thread but I do not recall if the admin here changed my name yet, but I may have been Randal then the name of a childhood pet but got it changed to Sherry because Ultima 6 is my favorite game.

Thanks,
Sherry

This is not the RPGWatch. Tone down the friendliness, pls.

Rev

Arcane
I'm seeing a lot of headless chickens flying about in here.

Is it asking too much to wait and see something solid before making snap judgements here? (Except for spotting the obvious shills.)

This could be a disaster, yes. It could also just be Beamdog shitting on Ghostdog for money and calling it a day.
You're right, it's not like their previous work has ranged from lazy ripoff of well-known brands to terrible and cringe worthy crap whenever they came up with new content.
I really can't understand why people are not excited over this.

Sherry

Arcane

Hi!

Thanks,
Sherry

This is not the RPGWatch. Tone down the friendliness, pls.

Hi.

Lilura it is me from the NWN thread okay? I visit and read your blog all the time on what to download and setup and always treat people with respect and I do not go out of my way to be all edgy or whatever it is around here right? I like that you provide a blog with lots of good information for a game I got for free from GOG okay? There is no need to tone down anything, you are doing a good job for those of us new to these games and even favorite games like BG on your blog. If that is too friendly for you then you should start a hate blog or something okay? :hug: okay!

Thanks,
Sherry

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
When @Randall was just trolling the PoE2 thread I thought he was an Obsidian employee looking for a thrill but now that he has expanded his work that seems less likely.

fake edit: Yes I know it was never very likely in the first place but it was fun to think.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom