Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Battle Brothers Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Battle Brothers; Overhype Studios

Battle Brothers, the strategy RPG from Hamburg-based Overhype Studios where you lead a mercenary company in a gritty fantasy world, was released out of Early Access today after over three years of development. Despite the fact that it might not actually be an RPG, the game has become extremely popular on our forums as well with Josh Sawyer and his cool person clique at Obsidian Entertainment, and it's a strong contender for our game of the year. Have I mentioned that it features the excellent writing of the Codex's own sser? Here's its release post and launch trailer, which feels like it should have been a gameplay trailer, but that's cool too:

It’s here and it’s done! We’re excited to see the finished Battle Brothers graduate from Early Access and be fully released today, on March 24th, 2017.

Creating this game together with you has been a long and rewarding adventure, and we’re very happy with what the game has grown to become. We hope you enjoy playing Battle Brothers as much as we enjoyed developing it – and given a successful launch, this won’t be the end of the road.

With the game’s release, the soundtrack is now also available as a separate DLC. If you’re the owner of the Deluxe or Supporter edition, it’ll be automatically delivered to you via Steam. The Art & Lore book will become available in the coming weeks.

Let’s celebrate this momentous occasion with our new story trailer for launch and final feature list of the Battle Brothers 1.0 release.

FEATURES

• Manage a medieval mercenary company in a procedurally generated open world.
  • Fight complex turn-based tactical battles with historical equipment and brutal injuries.
  • Permadeath. All characters that die in combat will stay dead – unless they return as the undead.
  • All characters come with their own background stories and traits. Want a stuttering ratcatcher, a greedy witch hunter or a drunkard disowned noble?
  • Character development without a restrictive class-system. Each character gains experience through combat, can level up and acquire powerful perks.
  • Equipment that matters. Different weapons grant unique skills – split shields with axes, stun enemies with maces, form a spearwall with spears or crush armor with a warhammer.
  • Diverse enemy roster. All enemies have unique equipment, skills and AI behavior.
  • A dynamic event system with atmospheric encounters and tough decisions outside of combat.
  • Three late game crises – a war between noble houses, a greenskin invasion and an undead scourge – add a looming threat along with new contracts, enemies and events.
  • Two full hours of orchestral soundtrack.
  • 70 Steam Achievements and Steam Trading Cards

Another Codex indie pet project sees the light of day. Let's hope it does well and gets many updates and expansions. If you haven't preordered it, Battle Brothers is now available for $30 on Steam or directly from Overhype. But not on GOG, for some reason. Come on JudasIscariot, hop to it.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Spotted this two years ago and was immediately turned off by the aesthetic, but after watching that trailer I have seen the light. Glory to the RPG gods.

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Few games allow us to consider the fragility and brevity of life as this one. Good work, Overhype! (now, please, get your game on GOG asap)

giphy.gif

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hell the game is already on the torrent sites, as a Codex release no less
Dont known if I should download and play or wait Overhype wants to take my money and do a GOG release

Murk

Arcane
Game is p gud.

Grats on the release mangs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom