Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They changed IWD's gameplay a lot. It didn't have as many changes or additions to narrative elements as BG because it had a lot less in the first place.

what did they change gameplay-wise?

It was implemented in their BG:EE engine so it had all of the kits and classes from Baldur's Gate.

Dux

Arcane
You all have your real Torment copies, don't you? All your precious games are gonna be "remastered" sooner or later, so just get used to it and cherish/protect the originals as much as you can.

Beamdog are a bunch of philistines and they'll fade away as soon as they run out of IE classics to molest.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Get me Avellone.

rwp57c.jpg

roll-a-die

Magister
They changed IWD's gameplay a lot. It didn't have as many changes or additions to narrative elements as BG because it had a lot less in the first place.

It was implemented in their BG:EE engine so it had all of the kits and classes from Baldur's Gate.
https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2016/12/Icewind-Dale-Enhanced-Edition-Review.html Don't know if they've fixed these issues but this is a grognard's review comparing the original IWD and how the EE fucked the balance of everything in the game.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Most sensible might be for them to do what they did with BG, a light touch on the original, then an expansion that reuses assets/characters. Maybe one of Chris's treatment ideas that Fairfax is always talking about. The companions could go rescue TNO in a harrowing of hell type adventure. Deionarra could join!

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

gosh I was reading some tips on Siege of Dragonspear and on the forum saw this! :o

ya7lxmokuy7x.jpg

ok right it is like Leisure Suit Larry you think but then you follow the post over there and there is a website with a countdown!!!

http://planescape.com/

This is something because we were just talking about this and in four days I guess there will be some sort of official announcement right but I do not think it is a Leisure Suit Larry game but Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition!!!! :hug:

Before the final countdown stream for Deadfire in another post I asked for a reef with shipwrecks we could explore and find while sailing on our boat and my friends at Obsidian made it happen for me so I am going to do that again for everyone here okay? Okay!

What I would like to see is a modern update to Planescape Torment because I never played it and lots of members here say it is a really good game to play so that is my suggestion of what is going to happen and it will sell even more than Numenera because everyone who is playing that game but never played Torment will get that too because it will work really nice on modern systems just like Baldur's Gate updated adventure we all got from Beamdog right?

gosh I see there is already a PTEE thread I will see everyone there okay? I know what I will be playing this summer on the porch after finishing NWN!

edit: okay just making an edit here is the new PTEE thread okay lots of excitement around this.

wtf? okay this post was originally under the Beamdog next project thread but I guess someone moved it to here but that is okay because it means I can just visit this thread now and not have to follow 2 PTEE threads right? thanks to whomever moved my post I guess?

Thanks,
Sherry

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2016/12/Icewind-Dale-Enhanced-Edition-Review.html Don't know if they've fixed these issues but this is a grognard's review comparing the original IWD and how the EE fucked the balance of everything in the game.

Lilura How do you feel about being described as a grognard? :)

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
You all have your real Torment copies, don't you? All your precious games are gonna be "remastered" sooner or later, so just get used to it and cherish/protect the originals as much as you can.

Beamdog are a bunch of philistines and they'll fade away as soon as they run out of IE classics to molest.

It just occured to me... Fallout EE.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Any chance Codex would send someone to contact Beamdog and find out something about what was modified in PSTEE?

Gerrard

Arcane

It just occured to me... Fallout EE.
It could have improved combat.:troll:

Any chance Codex would send someone a hitman to contact to hit Beamdog?

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also, I recall that they at one point said they won't be doing EEs of either IWD2 or PS:T. What the fuck happened? They realized they won't be allowed to make BG3?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Also, I recall that they at one point said they won't be doing EEs of either IWD2 or PS:T. What the fuck happened? They realized they won't be allowed to make BG3?

They never said that. They only said it would be much harder. Hard enough not to be worth it for IWD2, but for PS:T, the top-selling game on GOG and inspiration for a recently released spiritual successor? That could be worth it.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Maybe one of Chris's treatment ideas that Fairfax is always talking about. The companions could go rescue TNO in a harrowing of hell type adventure. Deionarra could join!

B-but wasn't TNO going to willingly accept his punishment for his sins in the ending?
Well, obviously when they peacefully resolve the Blood War, that would wipe out his sins. I mean, if he can't wipe out his sins and enjoy a happy ending, then what's the point of, "What can change the nature of a man person?"

Let's just say they have a plan to escape Torment...

Fairfax

Arcane

They never said that. They only said it would be much harder. Hard enough not to be worth it for IWD2, but for PS:T, the top-selling game on GOG and inspiration for a recently released spiritual successor? That could be worth it.
Specially after their original content bombed. Makes sense that they'd bring their shit touch to another classic and make a quick buck.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Resolving the Blood War means Devils and Demons will go invade other planes instead of fighting each others. How is it a good ending?
Why would they invade? The only reason they cause problems on other planes is because of the instability caused in their own planes by Mt. Celestia's meddling.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom