Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Probably old news by now but WTF is this?

[cut]

Don't tell me that Beamdog will mod PT too...

Edit:
This is preposterous.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
To quote the immortal Darkness at Noon: "He had believed that he had drunk the cup of humiliation to the dregs. Now he was to find that powerlessness had as many grades as power; that defeat could be as vertiginous as victory, and that its depths were bottomless."

:D

The good thing is that they already have a strong relationship with MCA providing narrative advice, and we know from Dragonspear that they're very simpatico. :D

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Prepare yourselves to finally see the gorgeous half-elf inside Vhailor's armor, for the fiery passion of Ignus -- a bad boy at last redeemable, and enjoy the kiss with the remodeled FFG that you always wanted. The dream has come true. :D

2417611800000578-2875787-image-a-44_1418730438222.jpg
[//spoiler]

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Prepare yourselves to finally see the gorgeous half-elf inside Vhailor's armor, for the fiery passion of Ignus -- a bad boy at last redeemable, and enjoy the kiss with the remodeled FFG that you always wanted. The dream has come true. :D

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The page source has a line that says

'secret="0x50 0x53 0x54 0x45 0x45"

Those hexidecimal values convert to "PSTEE" in ASCII.

Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leaked concept art?

the_nameless_one_by_vertlain.jpg

nordom_from_planescape_torment_pony_commission_by_ladypixelheart-d6f5nks.png

In all seriousness, I really do think it's great to see someone pick up this baton in light of all the despair about how there'll never be another text-heavy RPG inspired by PST.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

For just a second I remembered that thing MCA said about there maybe being a hope for another Planescape RPG and thought maybe it was related to this.

And then it had to be fucking Shitdog.

Fuck.

Fairfax

Arcane
Meh. Autistic outrage aside, what does one shitty Beamdog release matter? Neither the classic PS:T nor the AD&D Planescape books will suddenly disappear from the reality no matter what.
It does matter. Their version will replace the original one on digital stores, just like the BG series, and it'll be the only version 99% of new players will get to know. The game's legacy in the long term will be different.

Weasel
Haven't been following Beamdog news so never realised their renowned creative mastermind, Amber Scott, had left. So I guess we won't have the pleasure of her retconning the problematic elements of PST... unless they've found someone even more talented?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
The only way I'm touching this is if they get MCA to do all the writing for any new stuff they add.

But I imagine it's gonna be Gaydar doing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom