Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Shocking Report From RPS: First Hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda Stinks

DeepOcean

Arcane
Seems to me that Bethesda jews give better bribes to journalists, otherwise I can't explain these double standards.

I'd think it was very easy to explain, and it has nothing to do with money.

Game journalists are cowardly snivelling sneaky little creatures with nothing in common with humans except their exterior appeareance. They never go against the current, and they only pick on the wounded, the weak and the infirm.

When they saw the whole internet pointing and laughing at Bioware, they knew they were free to shit on them without fear of reprisals. So they did, in the knowledge that they were safe from ire except for a minority of stupid people, that is, the ones that are fanatic enough about this that they will throw a tantrum at them. If they did what they're doing with FO4, hordes of irate bethestards would rain on them until this so called journalists were nothing but a smear on the floor. Bioware, though? Old, senile, bleeding, on its way to the slaughterhouse Bioware? They are a free target, and damned if the subhumans that populate the modern game press will not take the opportunity to seem like the cool kids, picking on the perpetually bullied.

Hence their reaction.

And our joy. :P
Sorta of agree but keep in mind that Bethesda fans care the least about the story and "emotion" engagement, they like to walk on open worlds killing shit and seeing "cool" stuff. So glitches, bad animations and a retard storyline with weak characters don't affect Bethesda on the same way as Bioware.

Only the most fanatic Bethesdard would claim Bethesda games have good stories, most don't give a shit. The ending of Skyrim is as retarded as ME 3, maybe more, but no Bethesdard cared into getting to the ending of Skyrim, so they don't know about this and if they know, they don't care. ME 3 however... we are talking about people that wondered what Tali sweat tasted like... truly serious stuff.:lol:

Bored Games

Literate
Gamespot/IGN chose to target this particular game for criticisms that apply equally to DA:I. An attempt at damage control after positively reviewing the same blueprint in previous iterations.

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
PlayStation Universe - Kyle Prahl - 8 / 10 (PS4)

Andromeda’s first adventure is plagued by frustrations. But memorable characters, a satisfying story, and deep RPG systems ultimately win the day.

http://www.psu.com/review/32525/mass-effect-andromeda-review

EDIT:

some more:
MMORPG.com - Catherine Daro - 8.7 / 10

Mass Effect: Andromeda is a very solid game. BioWare had obviously taken their lessons both from original Mass Effect trilogy as well as Dragon Age series and mixed it with fair dose of experience of other AAA titles of late. It is not Inquisition in space, although the influence of it is clearly seen.

EDIT2:
Just when one thing you cant find anything better:
Post Arcade (National Post) - Chad Sapieha - 8.5 / 10 (PS4)

But for each hour I spent participating in humdrum combat I spent at least two or three engaged in thought provoking conversation or exploring strange new environments, learning more and more about the fascinatingly complex web of worlds, people, and problems that BioWare’s writers have woven. That’s why I play Mass Effect games. And it’s why Mass Effect: Andromeda, like its predecessors, is a blissfully easy recommendation for anyone looking for more than just another run-of-the-mill shoot ’em up set in space.

This reads almost like satire, as if the writers are aware of how shit the game is, are not allowed to effectively take it apart and make a game of praising its most shittiest aspects

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Guys someone should write a positive review of Andromeda for the Codex and make it sound as sincere as possible - just to fuck with some heads. Imagine the reaction when people find out that RPG Codex, the site that hates ALL new RPGs, is filled with racists, woman haters, enemies of gay and transsexual rights all over the world, with ties to the alt right movement, secretly funded by the KKK, actually likes ME Andromeda, a game that even the mainstream journo sites turned their backs on.
I feel kind of bad for the world designers/artists in this game. From what I've seen, some of the environment work on the planets are pretty damn solid, beautiful both artistically and technically, yet it marred by shit work by the rest of the team: Stupid bugs, shitty shitty animations, even worse writing, and what seems to be essentially a SJW uglyfying of the women in the game.
It begins...

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
PlayStation Universe - Kyle Prahl - 8 / 10 (PS4)

Andromeda’s first adventure is plagued by frustrations. But memorable characters, a satisfying story, and deep RPG systems ultimately win the day.

http://www.psu.com/review/32525/mass-effect-andromeda-review

EDIT:

some more:
MMORPG.com - Catherine Daro - 8.7 / 10

Mass Effect: Andromeda is a very solid game. BioWare had obviously taken their lessons both from original Mass Effect trilogy as well as Dragon Age series and mixed it with fair dose of experience of other AAA titles of late. It is not Inquisition in space, although the influence of it is clearly seen.

EDIT2:
Just when one thing you cant find anything better:
Post Arcade (National Post) - Chad Sapieha - 8.5 / 10 (PS4)

But for each hour I spent participating in humdrum combat I spent at least two or three engaged in thought provoking conversation or exploring strange new environments, learning more and more about the fascinatingly complex web of worlds, people, and problems that BioWare’s writers have woven. That’s why I play Mass Effect games. And it’s why Mass Effect: Andromeda, like its predecessors, is a blissfully easy recommendation for anyone looking for more than just another run-of-the-mill shoot ’em up set in space.
giphy.gif

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The "thought provoking conversation" bit actually makes sense since looking at these clips really makes me think what the fuck were these writers thinking.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I think people still trying to enjoy this mess should rather go for therapy

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This is why this will never end. Even if the game is shit, and more and more people are calling out all the bullshit, there will always a lot of idiots and SJWs who call it the best thing ever.

Darkzone

Arcane
The hate level of this guy is almost suicidal. That's too dark place to be, man. I can't laugh at a dude has so many problems. The problem is others top of him thinks he can able to design AAA titles.

Serilously, this... thing... should get beaten to death. By a bunch of niggers. For being too white.
But he will not be beaten to death by some black guys, because he lives in a nice white neighborhood.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Speaking SJWs, did noone point out yet that Andromeda is actual colonianism game where you waste all native life with guns and subjugate new clay and that's where colonisation nuance ends?
But I guess if you're gay you have the right to because uh--
because.

Severian Silk

I don't understand why people complain about this shit franchise. It just makes you look like even bigger idiots.

TNO

Augur
Played an hour or so, can't really take anymore. I had planned to offer a review of this to the Codex (given I've looked at the other ones) but I just don't think it would be worth 50 hours or whatever of my life.

So-so gunplay, uninteresting characters, a dull plot which manages to spoil its own interesting elements (first contact has a rich sci fi heritage - in Andromeda, it's 15secs before the popamole), the expectation of endless MMO grind, mediocre voice acting (although perhaps excusable given crap dialogue). I'm amazed they are offering trial access.

Maybe I'm ossifying into an RPG codex trope, but previously I would struggle to remember a game I found so bad I didn't complete it. Even meh titles were at least pleasantly diverting (and humorous to observe the missteps). Now the pablum is commonplace and my time is more precious: Wasteland 2, DA:I, PoE are all recent big games I either stopped halfway or barely made it through. Andromeda looks even worse than these. I wouldn't spend time on a review for it unless you paid me. God help whichever poor bastard reviews it for the Codex, as I struggle to believe the reach seams of vituperation one can mine in such a manifestly awful game can justify the $50 and 50 hours spent upon it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom