Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Age of Decadence's final update adds features and improvements from Dungeon Rats

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Age of Decadence; Dungeon Rats; Iron Tower Studios; Vault Dweller

It's still a bit strange to think of The Age of Decadence as an old game, it having been a vaporware project for so many years and therefore eternally new. Today, almost a year and a half after its release, Iron Tower Studio's inaugural title has received its final update, which backports features and mechanics improvements from combat crawl spinoff Dungeon Rats. An announcement on the game's Steam page has the details:

This update transfers all applicable changes and improvements from Dungeon Rats, our combat-focused, party-based spin-off set the AoD world.

While the changes are too numerous (and in many cases too minor) to list, here is an overview:
  • Overhead combat info
  • New passive for axes
  • Mouse cursor shows enemies' HPs
  • Expanded info on weapon types
  • THC, CS and ADC stats on area of effect attacks.
  • Tweaked CS formula for aimed strikes.
  • Ranged weapons use Perception for aimed: arms and legs attacks
  • Whirldwind effect for daggers, swords and 1h spears is bleeding instead of knockdown; higher chance to score.
  • Bombs: increased damage and vsDR bonus; the center of explosion does more damage and increases critical strike chance by 50% (goes down with every tile). CON is more effective. 25 + Center of Explosion Bonus - (Victim CON-6) x25; better visuals and sound.
  • The Crafting screen now separates schematics by weapon type and armor material and orders them alphabetically.
  • You can now select techniques without the required materials, to preview the bonuses.
No further content or mechanics updates are planned at this point. All translations are now up to-date as well. We'd like to thank you for your support and willingness to try different games.​

Together with the final content update released in December that expanded the game's ending, AoD's long journey is now truly over. It's full steam ahead to the Colony Ship RPG.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Cool. I will have some time this weekend so I guess I'll do a new playthrough; been a while since I played it last so it should be fun to see what's changed since then.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
what are your favorite playthroughs? i've only gone through it once (lore)

I really liked the Imperial Guard playthrough. Harran's Pass is a pretty great combat encounter, plus Bass is a cool character.

You really owe it yourself to play through all of the major paths if you like the game.

I'd say Merchant is probably the weakest playthrough but it's nice to dick people over during it.

Drowed

Arcane
Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning. :salute:

Zanzoken

Arcane

A non-violent Lore run is great to experience the games's story and mysteries but combat is where the real gameplay is. You should definitely play through the game at least once as a fighter.

I started with Axe + Block which is probably the most basic build but still fun.

Hammer + Dodge crush skulls and send bodies flying.

Spear + Dodge poke lots and lots of holes in people.

Crafting is great for fighting characters since it gives very solid bonuses.

Alchemy is amazing since it gives you good damage and buffs but also a lot of versatility.

But really most builds are viable if you know the systems and use a little common sense, so pick whatever skill set looks fun and give em hell.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Too many to name but of the most recent ones I really liked my psycho playthrough where I was killing as many people as I could reaching 452 body count.
Although it's still small potatoes compared to NaVil's 556: http://steamcommunity.com/app/23007...l=turkish&tscn=1448206356#c492378265888432037

And it was fun because: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...psychopaths-needed.104081/page-4#post-4197430

Desert Fish

Educated
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hybrid assassin. The best moment was when I conned the guards of the target to kill him. I also recommend alchemy for more bombs and fire vials. It gives you more tactical options in combat and just makes it more fun for me.

I did cheat a little, though. I'm just not a fan of the meta-gaming I would typically need to get a hybrid character to work. Of course, it's easy to ruin the challenge and make it less enjoyable, so it takes some consideration and discipline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom