Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will you Buy and/or Play Trans Effect: Androgynousmeda? The POLL!

Will you buy/or play MEA?

• Total voters

ChasinTheTrane

Literate
I was originally planning on buying it as my entrance to the trilogy, but I don't think that's happening anymore. What would you play as a replacement for this void?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
As requested by Jokzore

Personally, after absolutely loathing everything by BIO after ME1, I find this one so bad that I actually wanna play it. The fuck that I'm paying for it though. I'll borrow it from some mate.

Can you make an option that doesn't involve jerking off Sawyer? I'm not giving a Dime to Bioware or Obsidian.. tired of shit games.

DemonKing

Arcane
I still have too many good-decent CRPGs sitting half-finished on my hard drive so I doubt I'll be playing this any time soon.

Frozen

Arcane
If they crack it I will pirate it for the lolz and if not I don't care.
Codex thread is more fun.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was originally planning on buying it as my entrance to the trilogy, but I don't think that's happening anymore. What would you play as a replacement for this void?
I am confused, as using the game that's not part of the trilogy as an entrance makes very little sense.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
mgid:ao:image:logotv.com:227189

As for the poll, no. And I'm a proud backer of Boredom of Balance II already, so there.

EDIT: BTW, That's a pic from Codex Member Gallery, HHR on left, P.Ronin on right.

Last edited:

ChasinTheTrane

Literate
I am confused, as using the game that's not part of the trilogy as an entrance makes very little sense.
Oops meant to say series instead of trilogy. When I heard I'd be able to follow the story without knowing the others made me more likely to play it to begin with because it would take ages to play through the first three.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Oops meant to say series instead of trilogy. When I heard I'd be able to follow the story without knowing the others made me more likely to play it to begin with because it would take ages to play through the first three.
The first three only take me about 60-70 hours total to play through. Not that long in the realm of RPGs.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I was thinking about getting this when the price dropped to $20 in a few months but now I have to save that $19.99 for another highly anticipated title.

Alkarl

Learned
I picked Jaesun's option, in the incredibly unlikely event I do play it. Mostly because PoE isn't exactly my cup of tea either.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Ignoring all the pandering to various social justice groups, the art design of the characters, and the various glitches, I have really no interest in playing this game and I played all the previous Mass Effects on the PC.
Gameplay has been reduced on companion control, the exploration and shooting parts is not fun as there is nothing interesting for players to discover to make it feel rewarding, annoying sub games such as scanning (face it, this was never fun in the ME games), loads and loads of fetch quests to fill the game up, but also a setting that is very non exciting and dare it say it "stereotypical" for general audience science fiction.

What is new and exciting in this universe? A planet with flying mountains, a desert world, an ice world, underground alien ruins, an alien space city, another alien facility that seems to be some kind of dyson sphere.
There is nothing new going on in this place that could not be told in the Milkyway Galaxy, no true new wonder. The setting could just as well be six hundred years after the "destroy" ending of ME3, humanity and her alien friends has finally regained star travel by building better FTL engines and they find this weird clouds (those were the only interesting things in ME:A as I wanted to know what they were) that are filling up space and endangering planets and starships. Now the new alliance is looking for the source of these, coming across an alien cult that seeks to make every species like themselves (hell just make the Kett the liberated Collectors).

The new alien species are boring, the mystery of the ruins is pretty unrewarding and just part of a plot device on why humans and alien allies from the Milkyway Galaxy can not colonize these planets because of terrible environmental conditions and the mentioned space clouds.
Now imagine if the disappeared progenitors and their alien tech was not the cause and the solution of the problems and the scientists really had made a serious mistake about the information they collected about the "Golden Worlds" in the Hellius Cluster, that these worlds were never habitable to begin with and that the Andromeda Initiative was fucked, its people have to adapt to live forever in space and sealed colonies unless the player finds a garden world where one can live without support equipment.

(that was an idea I had for a story once, humanity sends a colonization mission to a distant star system but it uses Slower-Than-Light/Near Lightspeed propulsion and it is a one way trip. The colonists discover that the information Earth got about the system is wrong, all the rocky worlds in the system are barren and have no atmosphere or a poisonous one, and the moons of the gas giants present in the system are bathed in deadly radiation from their host worlds. As a result humanity is forced to live either underground/underwater on the moons, or build self supporting space habitats, the result being generations of people who never have experienced being able to walk on the surface of a planet without a pressure suit and eventually even thinking that such a planet is some sort of fantasy their ancestors made up)

Anyway the story is nothing new and exciting and turns out to be even more lame than the coming of the Reapers, and I have a feeling that the writer(s) tried to copy parts of Halo.

In what way is this an exciting science fiction game? It is mostly sold on its brand and because you get to romance characters.
Well for the last I can also play a dating sim, or even better, try to date real people which the development and result can be more surprising.

AstralStorm

Educated
Defrosting here. Also picked the Jaesun option mostly because it might be worth playing for $5 and a short while. The privilege of being able to afford playing the game that finally sunk Bioware.

For sure doesn't look like $60 ever.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom