Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Decadence Final Update

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://steamcommunity.com/games/aod/announcements/detail/666937047906028512

The Final Update
23 MARCH - VINCE
This update transfers all applicable changes and improvements from Dungeon Rats, our combat-focused, party-based spin-off set the AoD world.

While the changes are too numerous (and in many cases too minor) to list, here is an overview:
  • Overhead combat info
  • New passive for axes
  • Mouse cursor shows enemies' HPs
  • Expanded info on weapon types
  • THC, CS and ADC stats on area of effect attacks.
  • Tweaked CS formula for aimed strikes.
  • Ranged weapons use Perception for aimed: arms and legs attacks
  • Whirldwind effect for daggers, swords and 1h spears is bleeding instead of knockdown; higher chance to score.
  • Bombs: increased damage and vsDR bonus; the center of explosion does more damage and increases critical strike chance by 50% (goes down with every tile). CON is more effective. 25 + Center of Explosion Bonus - (Victim CON-6) x25; better visuals and sound.
  • The Crafting screen now separates schematics by weapon type and armor material and orders them alphabetically.
  • You can now select techniques without the required materials, to preview the bonuses.

No further content or mechanics updates are planned at this point. All translations are now up to-date as well. We'd like to thank you for your support and willingness to try different games.

While our next full-scale RPG is still in the early stages, your feedback will be more than welcome:

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/board,48.0.html
^ Design updates, concept art, screen mockups, etc

Aenra

Aaaaand it's that time again it seems, lol.. murderous psycho run now though, what with the combat backport.

"I thought he was taller"

Parabalus

Arcane
The axe passive seems like a nerf to me. Was the old one overly good?

New passive is useless for you and great for your enemies, that's the way it's in DR.

Did the spear and berserk potion nerfs from the DR later patch get ported in too?

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Holy shit, a new playthrough is totally warranted (or 7). I haven't even played the last patch with expanded endings.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Time for a another run!

On a related note, since Vault Dweller made a clear DR reference on the Torment sales thread, how is your "slam dunk" doing? It's been almost five months since release so...how is DR doing, money-wise?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
That good or bad? From your perspective, not when compared to AAA crap.
No idea, I'm still new at it. Based on the Codex sales chart, quite a few games (more complex than DR) failed to break the 20k barrier so from this perspective it did well.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ahh yes the final patch for Age of Decandence...So I can finally play the game the way it was meant to be played
Can we consider this the Goty Director Cut EE?
:troll:

mushaden

Scholar
Yeah axes seems like a big nerf. If you get a savage blow on an aimed-arms attacked does the opponent lose 2 strength? Too lazy to try

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Game just downloaded a 200+ mb patch. So what's contained in the final final version?

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Come on guys, I really want the final(TM) version at some point. But now i hear SP rebalance is in the cards?

trais

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
So what's the ETA on final, I swear on me mum this time it's for real, final update?

I bet it's gonna be Thursday

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
So what's the ETA on final, I swear on me mum this time it's for real, final update?

I bet it's gonna be Thursday
The two final updates were final content and then final mechanics updates. The final mechanics update caused some script issues (we merged DR's code minus party-based stuff with AoD's code) we didn't catch during testing, which were fixed later. So far all reported issues have been fixed but give it another month just to be safe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom