Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battle Brothers Pre-Release Thread

Keye_

Educated
I'm getting more and more interested in this game.
How does it run on toasters? Is it demanding or not?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
You also need 25 slices of bread near your table or 25 cans of beer per day.

RK47

Patron
That feeling when it's the last enemy standing, everyone surround him and kept aiming at his head to salvage the armor.
I always have backup daggers on everyone, you can salvage both body armor AND the helmet :positive:

that is a great advice actually. It's too bad i usually prefer having dog accessory slot followed by bandage & net. maybe i'll equip my front liner with them.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Any clues how many missions you have to do when "endgame crisis" starts? I mean, I did like 6-7 contracts already, mostly defending villages and travelling whole map for some shitty artifact. Got the undead crisis first (I've selected random)

tindrli

Arcane
I'm getting more and more interested in this game.
How does it run on toasters? Is it demanding or not?

depends of your toaster. your integrated card must be openGL 3.3 or or you will be forced to use -gl30' instruction in shortcut as i do on work.. and 4 gb and celeron will sufice.. it runs slow but it runs

Keye_

Educated
Works fine on my 8GB toaster. Still I have some slickness when managing inventory, but nothing game-devastating.

depends of your toaster. your integrated card must be openGL 3.3 or or you will be forced to use -gl30' instruction in shortcut as i do on work.. and 4 gb and celeron will sufice.. it runs slow but it runs

I should be able to run it then, thanks.

Prime Junta

Switched to the beta.

It's easier than the stable EA version. The jobs pay less but they're far less murderous. Also a lot more stuff going on. I like it.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I rescued some guy who was being tortured to death for fucking a horse and let him join my company. He was one of the worst brothers I've ever had, but I leveled him up to 6 in hopes that I'd get some more hot horse-fucking events.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
What's the general consensus on cleavers? I've never really used them before, but I just picked up a khopesh in the early game and started using it because I didn't have anything better. It's not really that great, but I can imagine with cleaver specialization the blood damage can really add up. I cut one guy four times with my cleaver user once, which would add up to 40 damage a turn with the specialization.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Is it leaving early access tonight at midnight in some time zone, or 9 am (again, some time zone) tomorrow?

I'm anxious to play again.

RK47

Patron
What's the general consensus on cleavers? I've never really used them before, but I just picked up a khopesh in the early game and started using it because I didn't have anything better. It's not really that great, but I can imagine with cleaver specialization the blood damage can really add up. I cut one guy four times with my cleaver user once, which would add up to 40 damage a turn with the specialization.

By the time you cut the guy 4 times, he'd be fucking dead with a similar high tier weapon.
Bleeding damage only happens AFTER the guy takes his turn. Meaning he still spends his 9AP hitting someone twice before succumbing to bleed.
It's nice, but not that great. I'd take jagged arrow/bolt if possible but not melee.
I'm more into flails since regular strikes ignore shield bonus so I don't have to waste AP & Fatigue on shieldbashing. Injury & death is what propel resolve checks - the faster you deal damage, the quicker the white flag is raised.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer

By the time you cut the guy 4 times, he'd be fucking dead with a similar high tier weapon.
Bleeding damage only happens AFTER the guy takes his turn. Meaning he still spends his 9AP hitting someone twice before succumbing to bleed.
It's nice, but not that great. I'd take jagged arrow/bolt if possible but not melee.
I'm more into flails since regular strikes ignore shield bonus so I don't have to waste AP & Fatigue on shieldbashing. Injury & death is what propel resolve checks - the faster you deal damage, the quicker the white flag is raised.

Cleaver class weapons do have that special attack to target the head (Decapitate, I think?) so I can see the possibility of building a "cleaver" character who is stacked for head hit chance. I've never been able to make it work though.

RK47

Patron
Cleaver class weapons do have that special attack to target the head (Decapitate, I think?) so I can see the possibility of building a "cleaver" character who is stacked for head hit chance. I've never been able to make it work though.

If headshots are what you're after, Flail's a better choice with it's regular attack ignoring the melee defense bonus from shield and has 10% chance of scoring head while its secondary guarantee a headshot when it lands.

Decapitate is not a headshot, despite how it should be. Instead it is a 'finisher' attack that inflicts 40-120 dmg depending on how injured the target is. But it ensures a decapitation when the target is killed. :lol: Yeah, you cleave the guy's body and hit all the north star pressure points, resulting in a burst of plasma that jets upwards, pushing the neck and severing both the bone and the muscles connecting the head to the neck.

Every 6th grader kids know this is realistic.

Ignatius Reilly

Scholar
I wonder if a decaptation is a harsher morale check than a head bash, and if not it should be. Also change second billhook option from pull to tear out intestines and fling them across the battlefield for harshest morale check.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer

If headshots are what you're after, Flail's a better choice with it's regular attack ignoring the melee defense bonus from shield and has 10% chance of scoring head while its secondary guarantee a headshot when it lands.

Decapitate is not a headshot, despite how it should be. Instead it is a 'finisher' attack that inflicts 40-120 dmg depending on how injured the target is. But it ensures a decapitation when the target is killed. :lol: Yeah, you cleave the guy's body and hit all the north star pressure points, resulting in a burst of plasma that jets upwards, pushing the neck and severing both the bone and the muscles connecting the head to the neck.

Every 6th grader kids know this is realistic.

I'm a flail man myself.

Oh so the decapitate is not a "chance to decapitate", its actually more of a kill undead skill then.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
6DjWlhZ.jpg

Holy shit.

RK47

Patron
Ambition : Find Famed Item
Solution : Buy 2500 gold worth of named Throwing Axe and not use it.

:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom