Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play: Knights of the Old Republic II

Arde645

Novice
Well, as part of my grand welcoming to the site, let's have my first post be for an LP. I hope that you guys'll have as much fun as I will, and that you will forgive my scubby-ness at anything RPG related.

Also, tips or preferences on how you want the posts set up would be nice (too many pictures? Not enough? Too big?).

*I WILL be adding a table of contents later, but that'll probably only happen after the second page since I'm a lazy fuck*

Now without further ado, let the LP COMMENCE.

Also for those that have problem with unspoilered posts, this will be the ONLY unspoilered post.

Part I: Character Creation (Also no prologue, fuck the prologue)

84CEE3E95D0DD348886F216FC6738644BEF96C30

Ahhhhh, KotoR II, how I've missed you. Also hello, nice to see you Sion who is absolutely unrelated to the one from the comics featuring Zayne Carrick, plot device extraordinaire.

Anyways, onto a New Game.

0D947895D7F15064098B0E359A968E8F4DC90CF3

I'll be running a Jedi Sentinel this time around since it's been roughly four years since I've last touched the game, lets hope that I don't suck too badly. I would've preferred if he wore red, but eh.

B167337EB3190FF20A5B931584149073938D5C6B

The clothes I can stand, but this face is just no good. Time to take a trip to the surgeon buddy.

E13165D23E3CD437C346AD1B29DD817C20384880

Much better. You are now a TRUE Chinaman in a galaxy far, far away and a long-ass time ago.

After messing around for far too long looking for a proper portrait, I move on to Attribute allocation.

541D5437B6B51259D3A08B9C484FDC96AB6661DB

Being the true scrub I am, I bring everything up to 10 before seriously allocating anything. Because fuck negatives, I just can't stand the sight of them on a character sheet.

I also might be overspecializing in the wrong attribute combinations, but fuck it. I'll fix it later.

Moving on to Skill allocation.

66878435DDEFC997BF565800E38BE952914BC8C9

The first thing that I pump points into is Security, because fuck locked items.

The next is Awareness, because fuck stealthed enemies.

Then Computer Use and the other crap - not Treat Injury and Stealth though, because who needs 'em - before moving onto Feat selection.

0FBFB22FDD3D55CA810273BB9D80795C1B4B8AE8

I immediately pick Melee Weapon Focus, because I am an exceedingly civilized individual. Also because I'm gonna be swinging swords around for most of the first half of the game, if I remember correctly.

Also because fuck blasters. I'll probably be rocking a vibrosword or something until I get a lightsaber, though I might occasionally use a blaster if I feel like it, because who cares about what the character was built for.

Moving on, name selection.

A855AA7485A7D0E1D27C746AB6936FCAF0310EE8

I open the field, and I see this goddamn abomination of a name. Not happening.

540CD0281CB5AA529AA176C886478C18B57BDC0E

Much better, a name befitting his status as an esteemed Chinaman in a foreign land. (No, I am not making fun of the Chinese, I AM Chinese.)

And without further ado, I click Play.

5C4A2B0D0CA0F1DDED073F2F572A2FF64261F015

Then immediately proceed to skip the prologue, because it SUCKS if my memory hasn't failed me. Though most prologues suck to me, so take that with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Just use spoilers to gather all pics.
Other than that - no objections.
Gonna read that because did not played KotOR2 and wanna see how the story goes

Arde645

Novice
Part II - 1: Peragus Station
F1A7AA03372A369C7F8FEA35D137AD84D5A25F3C

(Why is Jack the only one without a respirator? Is he a fish or something?)
9C07AF75B094FED29F49D248F644EE9029595C8B

(But hey, he turns out fine and without brain damage, so I'll let that go)

We start off with a wonderful cutscene of our character convulsing in his bacta tank due to a mysterious voice in his head urging him to wake up. Cut to a scene of the character lying on the ground, outside of his bacta tank, before stirring and struggling to his feet.

We are instantly given control once he gets up, and are immediately assaulted by a pop-up shoved in our face that explains the Journal. After clicking away the message I immediately bring Jack towards the only exit of the room, directly in front of him.

8106589153EC32F3D4FD9E901D6D023DB2164EDD

After opening the door - and being given EXP for it - we are presented with three possible routes: left, right, and center. I immediately ignore the smoking door to the front and head to the one on the left, trusting in my ailing memory that the right door is impassable without accessing something (is it? I remember always using a console to open it, never tried security).

Opening the door, we are greeted by a console, a plasteel cylinder, and a lab station (for creating chemicals and shit, don't expect me use it all that often, if at all). Ignoring everything else in the room, I immediately move Jack towards to locked door and proceed to unlock it, gaining 50 XP for my efforts and a couple of plasteel cylinders containing chemicals and medkits.

Moving on, I head towards the console and start fiddling with it (I watch EVERY log on EVERY console I find, and I am not going include them all here for the sake of space).

3D2030D808500665328313A8D42E582E71241F60

(Did someone say- )

0F17A1FBDDA5EC2F90ACA281459A68A8EAEC3F9E

(- Lockdown? Anyways, was totally asking for it, taunting Space!Murphy like that)

1B6A76D3CF6A4B8FFC428795469112D33A484077

(Moving on, I proceed to open that locked door from earlier using the console)

CF65B679DAEADBF0EEAA0CD2E5A4215D4CFD59B5

2AA395369ADDDC68FE3D03390AE9A5060322883D

Moving on, I examine the old woman's corpse for the giggles before moving towards the corpse covered by a sheet. Searching him nets me a Plasma Torch (as it should), and upon exiting the drop screen, another cutscene starts. This time, the lady's corpse from earlier gets up, dusts herself off, then proceeds to philosophically lecture me because hey, Kreia.

Also, I'm going Light Side for this, since it's the easiest path to play. Also because I have a bleeding heart.

222B86E1E0B4F21B504BB222BB6A75819967DEBF

(And so falls the first enemy in the game)

After finishing my conversation with Kreia, I head towards the damaged door and proceed to bash it open in proper Jedi fashion - using something that has no reason being so close to the human body as it is while still being as hot as it is.

00CC9F1A0934F8EB8829436FCADCBEA74AAF10DC

The door opens, revealing a couple of corpses and a wrecked droid. After looting everything, I come out with a few extra parts and a nifty vibrosword that I will soon turn upon the enemies of Jack (WATCHA!).

I also totally forgot to screencap a lot of stuff, but it gets better later! Promise! (not)

Also, expect lots of personal shield spamming. I finished the level yesterday and left with something like 13+ shields left after using a bunch. I'm also cross-posting this LP on another forum that I frequent, so if you see it on SB, nobody is plagiarizing anyone.

Last edited:

Arde645

Novice
I hope you finish this one ;)

Wait, you're not using TSLRCM? :?

I am, just the initial screen didn't have it because I totally forgot about applying it until just after the bacta scene.

All screenshots after that are of the game with TSLRCM installed.

Last edited:

Arde645

Novice
Part II - 2: Peragus Station

CD6644E040BA43A423B8FE70AC665654896965E5

(WHATCHA! Where are my robot gibs and spurting oil?!)

Going into the next room, I encounter a couple of mining droids and dismantle them in quick order with my vibroblade. Opening the door that they were guarding reveals a security console, a corpse, and a couple lockers.

Being the loot-focused, penny-pinching asshole that I am, I immediately go and loot the lockers and the corpse.

B971ABCC95285C5666416D4A315FE9ACD5529587

(Such a shame. I'm sure that you had a name once upon a time, but you are now merely a "container". Also, in a cut screenshot, I was using a blaster with glee like the hypocritical asshole that I am)

After looting everything in sight, I begin going through the security logs and camera feeds on the security console. Mostly just stuff involving The Jedi (aka, Jack) causing trouble because employees want to trade him in to the Exchange for money while the admins are adamantly against it. The usual fare.

The camera feeds reveal a trio of mining droids in the next room, as well as a trio of footlockers. Oh, and some guy dressed in ratty leathers in the brig.

961D6ACD9C6AD2BE384EB99777410A06D14D34E8

("I've got a bad feeling about this"™)

A0176ABD50BAD711658FF32009E8787C0E346078

Anyways, after listening to all the logs, I head towards the room's only other exit. It leads to a small hallway ending in another door, and the moment I walk close Kreia pops in with the telepathic force crap. She informs us about the droids we already knew about, using them as a lesson to teach us some Force sensing thingamabob. I then proceed to open the door and butcher the poor mining droids.

After tearing the mining droids apart, I proceed to unlock and loot all the footlockers (Security is best - FITE ME). Finishing my affairs in the room, I proceed through its other door and head towards the administration center, killing any errant mining droids that happen to get in my way.

1068CAA28A65EE02381501FE3CCA85707DB4DA35

(HYPOCRISY, HO!)

Once I reach the administration center, I begin my hypocritical acts by pulling out my (ugh) blaster before once again beginning to gleefully pelt the rather numerous amount of mining droids in the room with blaster fire. After running a few laps around the room to fill out the map and to clear out the droids while looting what I can, I access the console in the room and undo the shield over the brig doors.

Opening the door reveals that sleazy prettyboy from earlier, still stuck behind the energy field of his cell.

0C889395AD55DDC930058BBB161A899861FEA6AB

(Fuck you, I can be as half-naked as I want. Have you SEEN this ass?)

Anyways, after listening to Atton talk on and on about us being the last jedi, about the Republic and Sith, about Revan, and just general stuff, we decide to let him out. After some "negotiations" about whether he would be willing to tell us about his escape plans without actually having to let him out, of course.

After letting Atton out, we transition to a scene of the both of us standing in from of the administration console, with him fiddling around with it to try and get comms and shit working. Doesn't happen. Instead, we get this little dude:

F5C0FB721BB2F16628F3FA91BB75AE46CE70D25F

(BASIC, motherfucker. Do. You. Speak. It.)

After a short conversation (I REALLY wish I knew wtf T3 was talking about), we decide to let him take it from here. Cue scene change.

98E4AB2FBA7B84A9C0F431E5AD0A4D0DFDA1F05D

(Did you know: T3 can somehow wield two blasters in that little head of his)

And so begins (If you didn't play the prologue) our adventures as T3, a droid with an OP shock arm that has infinite uses and no costs.

(How is the game progression per post? Anyone think it's too slow? Also, first fully spoilered post, will probably stick with this from now on. Also kinda wish that I could go back and edit the old posts to be spoilered)

Last edited:

Arde645

Novice
I'm actually kinda confused as to how to make the Telos arc (at least the station portion of it) NOT a snoozefest. It's basically a talking/walking simulator for first 45~ minutes, probably didn't help that I ran around doing all the sidequests.

Would anyone mind if I compressed most of the Telos Station arc + sidequests into a single post when it comes around?

Arde645

Novice
STOP RIGHT THERE YOU NOOB!

Install Darker Peragus mod right this instant to have atmospheric tutorial area
http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/5

Also I cant understand why any male would play and watch a male ass on the screen, but I suppose there's no helping gay~

Come on! I double dog dare you! Darker Peragus should be more horrifical than this cheery space station.

Well, you're about a week too late. I've had the last couple of parts for Peragus written out as well as the first part of Telos Station written since Friday.

Also as a heads up... I may or may not have totally forgot to take screenshots of Jack's Adventures in the Harbinger.

SOOOooooo... You guys aren't getting any Harbinger action.

Last edited:

Arde645

Novice
WOOOH, AND WE ARE BACK. I have around 200 screenshots hanging around and just hadn't found the time to use them till now. Updates will still be sporadic, since my current workplace project is eating up most of my time both in and out of the house. Anyways, back to the LP.

Part II - 3: Peragus Station

295947BBD0AB3B2DBCFC0D40F02C346760DFEA8D

(Psst. This is totally the only other screenshot I have of this part because I totally forgot to take them. Don't tell anyone)

Last time we left off, we were stuck in our little robot buddy: T3-M4.

Since I totally didn't forget to take screenshots of this portion and am totally not trying to distract you with a lot of words to try and draw your attention away from the fact that I totally did forget to take screenshots when I totally didn't, hereisareallybriefdiscriptionofwhatIdidinthatwillbegininthenextparagraphbecauseIamtotallynotstalling.

Anyways, T3 is a droid. He (I am defaulting to "he" because it's just plain easier for me to type out. I don't care if he identifies as an Astromech Droid) is very good at Security and Computer Use. I proceed to use him to unlock all the shit and take all teh lootz. After looting everything in the immediate vicinity, I proceed through the door to the console. After doing a bunch of hacking shit, as well as viewing all the logs and cameras because I'm that guy, I proceed through the door that I opened. I encounter a lot of mining droids, which I then proceed to demolish using the insanely OP Shock Arm that T3 possesses that does massive damage to these droids while also having infinite uses, unlike that stupid Droid Pacifier that I picked up.

After going down a series of descending walkway/ramps that have been layered with mines and droids, I enter into another area with MORE droids and mines. Also loot and quest stuff. After picking up all the stuff and killing all the enemies, I proceed back through the map to that area that you see up there and proceed to open the other door and head through that. More droids, more Shock Arm. I fight to the end of the hallway, ignore the side-passage that is the right way to go, and keep on fighting to the very end because I want that sweet fucking loot. I kill everything and open the footlocker to find Mandalorian Melee shields, because why not. Did I ever mention that this place has some of the most random loot that shouldn't really belong on a mining station?

Anyways, go to the new map area, go up some ramps onto a walkway after killing everything in the area, and access a console. After going through all the options, I eventually find the one that progresses the game. Cue cutscene where T3 turns around, squawks loudly, then is zapped into a puff of fire and smoke. Transition back to out MC.

F95AEEB3A40FFE2674410D0D7B7FC457E07FC103

(Wow, trying to do an LP without visuals is hard.)

We lose communications with T3 after confirming that he has opened that door we were having trouble with. After a talk with Atton about what to do, it comes down to Jack to go through the mine tunnels while Atton stays here to act as our mission control. After going down the lift, I continue walking until I encounter a plasteel cylinder. After cracking a couple jokes with Atton about half-naked Jedi after opening the container, I equip the pre-genned equipment that is usually located in it: Mining Uniform, Safety Harness, some goggly stuff, and medkits.

0B093891CAE6F378016BB82A5C993FBBFEC5617E

(That's Jack, after fighting a couple more mining droids.)

Anyways, I open the door leading to the tunnels, open the nearby cylinder, equip my new advanced mining laser, and proceed to blast these new stupid repair drones out of the air before switching back to Swish-Swish (did I tell you that I named my vibrosword Swish-Swish? No? Well now you know) to finish off the mining droids near where I entered the area.

I proceed slowly, since this area actually contains a surprisingly high amount of "Average" and "Deadly" sonic mines as well as droids behind corners not easily clickable. Also loot, since this game is really generous with loot locations. As I continue further in, using my blaster to take out the repair drones before rushing in with Swish-Swish to take out any enemies, I encounter the central control roomba-thingy of tunnel temperature. Or something.

1A0EFCF84E6CFD67CCAD37CE8A1B7992CFCEA0D3

After entering the area - and after finishing my codec call with Atton about what to do - I activate my Stealth Generator and sneak onto that central platform there and begin messing with the droids. First, I disable their ability to see, then I order them to "unlock" closed doors while also basically lobotomizing more than they already were before shutting down the temperature shield things and opening the turbolift. I get a call from Atton about "dangerous temperatures" blah blah "Don't have much time" blah blah. I promptly ignore his unneeded advice and proceed to loot the place, while also killing my now defenseless enemies for their loot and EXP.

B1A1479D588B01D25EC2A905356FEBE492F10AEF

(What are you even doing with all this shit, dude. You're a freaking MINER. Did you use to be Braveheart of Planet Rock or something?)

I find lots of shit. I was happy.

Then I walked to the turbolift to the next area, cue dramatic cutscene with Jack rolling out of the turbolift as an explosion engulfs it after he reaches his destination. He gets up, dust himself off, look to his left, and sees a body. An intact body. Remember this, it'll be important later.

3665869FED87A744C150C78CD8055AD14891F438

(No picks of HK-50 unfortunately, I FUCKING FORGOT. AGAIN. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-)

We walk in, check his health, and encounter HK-50; a protocol droid that really likes talking, about himself, about his "master", and about us. He knows a lot about us. I don't trust him. Anyways, after a loooooooooooong conversation with HK-50, I get my EXP and level up.

1298EFEA6A4F4E00ACE994E35D9FABC8DF589755
D3BFA9D063163AAA68A9EB56A375346C976859D1
58BD388C7EECBEFB4205D14716027099D80915C5

(I upgrade my usual skills, and get Burst of Speed because that shit be useful, yo)

DBF4F160783106B053B0EC579635C5549707C3C0

(DEATH TO THE DROIDS)

I finish up with my level up and head to the workbench in the room to give Swish-Swish a tune-up in order to really give those droids a beating before heading towards the door leading out. I open them and am immediately bombarded by an array of poisonous traps as well as other explosives, bringing me down to a sliver of health as I fight the 4~ or so droids outside. I, of course, soundly defeat them.

I then proceed to gobble med-kits and my only antidote kit like my life depended on it (it did).

Arde645

Novice
Part II - 4: Peragus Station

91C0C40519B0C2FAAA4C1B16E6138FD5EBB9086E

(We find the Sonic Imprint-majiggy here. It is also - apparently - canonically a translator, and is the reason why we can understand all the languages)

After fighting through all the mining droids and those shitty repair droids outside the trapped door I opened and nearly died to, I proceed to Security my way into the meal(?) room and dismantle the lone droid within. After looting everything of worth, as well as everything that isn't, I proceed to the door next to it and enter it. Once the door opens, I am accosted by floating mines that I proceed to detonate using my blaster before they can get in range.

Walking deeper into the sets of rooms, I get to the one shown above and proceed to go through all the logs and crap.

tl;dr version: Droids causing messes and repairing Ebon Hawk even though not ordered to, engineer assumes it's the dock leader and sets up voice recognition stuff to prevent other people accessing crap. (Spoiler Alert: Crap still gets accessed, as evidenced by the fact that the droids are going around mining people and that the engineer is dead)

Anyways, using the Force to divine how to proceed (aka. I've played this game before, 4 years ago) I head back to HK-50. Anyways, long story short, after a long conversation which involved Jack mocking HK's abilities and other insulting things, we get him to spit out the engineer's recognition code using his copied voice. There was also that "death story" that HK set up for the engineer, which he "recorded". Tl;dr, it wasn't very convincing since the "recording" has the engineer screaming in agony as the mining droids supposedly mined him *looks at intact body*.

Yeah.

6A86F2438F8B6BEA5CDCAE6D8EBBD3ABCE79BB22

(We're going into space bois)

After assuring HK that we believed and trusted in his abilities, I head back to the console and proceed to unlock the airlock and the door leading to it. I open the locker present just before the airlock and acquire a space suit, sufficient to protect us from the vacuum of space.

7329553AF404C438256788E4EBF0AD006EE157DF

(SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)

Not much else to say other than the fact that we have the weirdest running animation ever while in the space suit. Also that purple mist back there is vent exhaust, it and those like it? They hurt.

After proceeding along the walkway, we surprise Atton by appearing outside his window like some deranged psychopath would. We talk for a bit, where he informs us that we're an idiot for going out and that a ship is approaching.

4ED7F3E468B3E5BF2C72C00171087ED33D841827

(A Republic ship! We're saved!)

AF50BBE34E7194B20BF233C927EBD916A547DB47
AB65D669FCCCAE93DF04B6EF2E4861E471610819

(Ah. Fuck that, GO AWAY EVEN THOUGH YOU PROVE ESSENTIAL IN OUR ESCAPE FROM THE STATION)

After the Harbinger (that's the ship's name, if you didn't catch on) finishes docking, with the personnel and fuel lines attached, we continue our journey to the crew quarters past all the vents of super-heated gas spewing at us.

189AEFED2F1CA71D115D7712107BED4F8A882EA1

(I actually find a bunch of Exchange crap as well as battle armours a bit later. Is this a mining station or a smuggling station?)
0A65C8FD87F2DB22192F80D3C9597E48FD2687B2

(Proves useful for retrieving mines and opening doors, I like it.)

5818A803BEE602004C6ADD2005DA7B07AE29002E

(The start of my shield shenanigans. I end up having roughly 13 individual shield units about a half-hour later

6CF6C7CFDF8D60F347EAB6E34DBF64C1BF944B3A

(Ahhhh, how past!me would rage at me using such uncivilized weapons)

Opening the airlock to the next area, we get out of our space suit and immediately begin looting the area, killing mining droids all the while. switching from Swish-Swish to a heavy mining laser when I reach the room full of cryo turrets, because fuck cryo. Always freezing me and crap.

Anyways, I proceed from the cryo room after killing and looting everything in sight.

Also anyone got a fix for my double spoiler of "Honourable Loot Mentions"? Whenever I delete the crap causing it, they always just reappear upon saving.

I also have about 100 more screenshots to go, including the uncut ones of course, since this LP would go on for a looooong time if I used all the screenshots I took.

Arde645

Novice
As you can tell, I'm trying to blitz through my store of screencaps. I'm mostly doing this because I'm starting to forget what happened and that just wouldn't be fair.

Part II - 5: Peragus Station

F9023277800A0C5A7F814C303BEBEB76F25FB895

(BOOM. A MAP, FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE)

After clearing the cryo room (that little T-shaped room in the bottom left), I head through the hallway past the dormitories while killing and looting everything, as usual. Entering another cryo room, I blast them and the surrounding droids and get a level up.

C4D9CC8991E4AACC164AF738C3F6A9CCD9996E67
C2C302A0D46AEAB186680F5D311DDDD9249057BC

(Force Push, because nothing else interests me.)

8AF3F473F6CA4987D73E126AB90A6404D73D38AB

(Lots of components and credits, one of the datapads mentioned, a poor man's staff, and more shields because why not.)

01B06F9BAAEA3CD7C4B25F46BA571E7E6D65ACCD

(MOAR SHIELDS. ALSO DRUGS.)

C3A54EA8F0BA5E695962350F311D8BEEBA181FCE

(Yea, lots of shields. I can probably tank around 500 points of damage, which in the the early game is a lot. Also lots of packages, but I don't the the constitution to use any of them.)

I also ended up finding some Arkadian shit, because why not. Lets have EVERYTHING on the station.

Anyways, I proceed the area while picking up datapads that can be inserted into a terminal in one of the dorms to be viewed later. After clearing the cafeteria area, I head back the way I came and finally go to the actual dormitories themselves (the area at the top of the map) after accessing the console in front of the door leading to them. On console, I view a couple of the logs (the ones on the console, not the datapad ones) and disable the gas that has apparently been filling the dormitories as well as unlock the door leading to them.

After clearing the two droids immediately behind the door, I head to the dormitories on the right, clearing the droids infesting the hallway leading to it. The terminal near the door is busted, but there should be another one on the other dorm if memory serves, so I scavenge some components off it and move on to loot the rest of the dorms. A surprising amount of Exchange crap. I reiterate, is this a smuggling station?

But that doesn't matter, I clear the area and proceed to the other dormitory and clear the hallway leading to that of droids. More of the same, only this time the terminal by the door actually works. I plug in all the datapads I found and watch them.

Tl;dr version: Miners getting attacked and crap, retreat to dorms and get locked in. Someone re-purposes some old comm thing to make a weak transmitter to ask for help. Vents suddenly open up and start pouring in tons of poisonous gas. Everybody dies. The End. Also some more crap about Corta, that dude that wanted to sell us to the Exchange. Beats up some poor xenos.

(If you couldn't tell by now, I forgot to take a lot of screencaps of the actual area and of the logs. It actually gets better later since I had nothing to do but screencap since it was just talking over and over for an HOUR)

After clearing the area and opening some stash that somebody had hidden, I make my way to the turbolift and progress with the story.

79BDEF3A798D67F16181F837E34DBEBCA57011A4

(Hey, your up standing. Please be of more use later. *Hint, she probably wont be. I don't think I've ever had her in my party outside of the early game and always gets replaced by Whitey and Blindy. Yes, my party is usually very melee oriented.*)

And opens up to a scene of us talking to Kreia as she has felt the presence of our enemies and urges that we leave as soon as possible. So we do.

Meeting up with Atton, who snarks at us like the asshole he is, we turn to run and encounter HK-50, surround by a group of floating mines.

1E595D50F3814D43E27CDD0AC3150396D496C3D2

(You've made a big mistake buddy. The whole mine part, not the fighting us part. I need the EXP.)

I take advantage of the paused game to level Atton up, then queue up a couple grenades and show HK why he shouldn't attack a man armed with grenades using floating mines. I level up again after this, then proceed along with the rest of the party onto the Harbinger.

Now this'll be embarrassing to admit, but I didn't take any screencaps of my adventures in the Harbinger. Sure, I took some BEFORE and AFTER, but never while actually in it. Somehow. I'm just going to skip explaining my entire journey through it, because it's actually a pretty expansive level, so I'll just put a tl;dr of the logs from it.

Tl;dr version: Ship finds Sith Warship, boards it and doesn't find anyone other than an unconcious Sion. We were apparently guest on the ship before ending up in the Ebon Hawk, captain of the ship contacts the Republic about us, they say to do nothing. They find the Ebon Hawk, shit happens and we (Jack) end up on Peragus. Sion wakes up and starts murderizing everyone on the Harbinger along with his cloaked lackeys. Turns the Harbinger towards Peragus to pursue us. And here we are.

389826BDDA3F1033C625DF72BC1F961A1D645EF1

(Just before getting on the Ebon Hawk. As you can see, we found some sweet loot on my adventures through the Harbinger that you guys missed.)

And that brings us here, on the Ebon Hawk after retrieving T3-M4 and downloading the charts from the Peragus computers and fighting off a bunch of Sith troopers that were trying to board us using the Hawk's turret. I actually tried letting the Sith troopers on because I wanted the EXP and loot, but apparently only one actually got on and the others inexplicable died, so booo to that.

931181C618B5FDF6BBEA9C3EB50D2D78EE23177C

(Our rather sparse galaxy map.)

After finishing off the lone trooper, I get put through a gauntlet of conversation establishing my character and the lightsaber he preferred, etc. (Double-bladed silver btw. I totally intend to get that silver crystal this playthrough, usually stuck to gold).

After my conversation with Atton, I move on to begin the snorefest conversation with Kreia that took around 15 minutes to finish since I had to analyze all her fucking speech in order to up my Influence and maintain LS. It wont get better in the next part. I know it doesn't. I prepare myself for the text-dump known as Telos, go back to the Galaxy Map, and click Travel.

We ARE treated to a nice cutscene of the Harbinger chasing after us and firing with no concern about the current location thoiugh. They end up destroying Peragus by igniting all the fuel. We barely escape.

Also, I apparently can't take screenshots during an actual non-ingame cutscene, so, sorry but you guys probably aren't gonna get any of those. Not that there are all that many anyways.

Last edited:

Arde645

Novice
I actually had this saved for a while but totally forgot about it.

I DID say that this wouldn't be updated too frequently and is entirely dependent on what my day is like.

Also, I might or might not split this into three parts. I know I said that I would try to finish it in one or two, but it really depends on how well I can write out the events.

Snoozefest in 3, 2, 1 - GO.

Part III - 1: Telos Station

We start off with a wonderful cutscene of us flying in to dock which I can't show you because screenshots apparently don't work in rendered cutscenes. Well anyways, we fly in, Atton does this fancy little spin because he's a little shit, and we land. We are then immediately accosted by Telos Security about our part in the destruction of Peragus. After wasting as much of there time as I can out of spite using the dialogue options, we are taken into custody into those shitty energy cage things that Atton was in back on Peragus.

5D376B5146255A4D366D7C0D0CB545CA7E7BB1B8

(This bitch takes our ship. WHY WOULD YOU STRAND ME HERE IN EXPOSITION HELL?!)

The game cuts to an in-game cutscene of this bitch stealing our ship and flying away with it. I would strangle you everyday of your life if I could.

Anyways, we're stuck in these force cages, then the door opens and lets in this chucklefuck:

7F490BB46DEA2FA8E99F1318BFCEF7E2CD61EA86

(Chucklefuck)

Who rants on and on about how he'll be rich and famous and shit for handing in a Jedi - dead or alive (the contract clearly states alive but he doesn't give a fuck) - and because of how he was skilled enough to infiltrate Telos Security and replace some dude called Batu Rem who was out on leave.

Atton begins to shit on him and Chucklefuck gets pissed. Pissed enough to open ALL of our cages because he can "take us".

We beat his shit in.

D4B7D82D221079B6C31A95C80BBFF4D215081CCC

(The face of a man who has just finished beating somebody's shit in.)

After fake Batu finishes getting his shit beat in - collapsing to the ground dead - Lieutenant Grenn and a couple officers come in. Cue various exclamations of WTF and other such things. We snark at them about not coming sooner, and then we are whisked away to the room you see up there after Grenn - at a glance - confirms that Fake!Batu is indeed, a fake. He assures us that we will be well provided for and that he will personally see to investigating the source of Fake!Batu. I'm inclined to trust him, seeing as he is one of the more Just characters in the series.

The party decides to sleep out the wait in a series of cutscenes interrupted by conversations:

Conversation 1 - Kreia and Atton: Atton asks Kreia about Jack, trying to find out more about him to make sure whether he is someone that can be followed - yada, yada - and is in turned told by Kreia that they are doing a disservice to Jack by speaking of him behind his back.

Conversation 2 - Ithorians and Party: An Ithorian comes over and asks for a meeting like a civilized individual, and I graciously allow them entry. They talk to us about their restoration efforts of Telos and how Czerka is compromising their efforts with their power-plays. They ask for a meeting at their compound and I say that I will consider it.

Conversation 3 - Czerka and Party: They call us like assholes and I accept the call because I am a civilized individual. They talk to us about the Ithorians and their efforts - yada, yada - and that we should go to Czerka rather than the Ithorians. I make an appointment for a meeting that I will never keep - MUAHAHHAH - and then hang up.

Conversation Final - Grenn and Party: Grenn and a couple of his lackeys come over to inform that we are out of house arrest and that we can go retrieve our belongings. He then says that we are free to travel the station, but that we must remain on the station until a Republic ship meant to pick us up for something comes. I, just wanting to get out of that fucking room, accept and speed through the rest of the conversation because fuckitFREEDOM.

C17DB83F0585D515FC6AC82DC4281BEE098F404E

(FREEDOM)

After being given our freedom, I immediately begin running around and into other people's apartments to begin looting their shit like the Hero I am. After looting every apartment as well as a couple of the other rooms other than the "locked-till mission reached" ones, I begin my journey to the TSF offices to retrieve my gear. On my journey I encounter a couple of Czerka thugs mugging some poor xenos. I beat them to death and get LS points and a couple credits from the xenos for my good work. I finish my journey to the TSF office and talk to the protocol droid at the desk.

We get our shit back as well as a few extras, but are informed that the Ebon Hawk is missing. We go to Grenn in the next room to complain - Blah, blah - We get told we are going to be compensated, then I ask him about sidequests because I'm a HERO and I get a bunch of bounties, most of which should be finished before I have to go. I head back out of the office and am accosted by some idiotic bounty hunter near the shuttle back to the residential complex. A bounty hunter that decided to accost me AFTER I had gotten all mt equipment back. He dies in short order and I put whatever he said out of my mind.

I then head to the Ithorian compound to talk to Mosa about his restoration efforts.

8E4F933F325E01C01E1D7170D9C7E5295987FE66

We basically become their gofers for a bit.

Note: These may or not be reversed in some cases, since my memory is fading fast.

Mission 1: Retrieve a new protocol droid that they comissioned since the last one went "missing" while enroute to their compound. We and the droids are assailed at the dock, we kill the intruders and find a "Modified Holdout Blaster" that has a number of illegal mods. Unlocks another mission with Grenn when you talk to him about it. Anyways, we bring the droid back and get paid for our trouble.

Mission 2: Talk to the exchange and get them to stop harassing the Ithorians. I talked to the door guard first, and accidentally kill him twice. I go to the bar in the entertainment district and get approached by a couple of Exchange guys. I piss the other one off and the woman of the pair approaches about "making a deal". After hearing abot it, I accept because why not. I go back to the Exchange door guard, almost accidentally kill him again, before being granted access.

I kill everyone I encounter, other than the table lady because LS points HO! I also kill that other guy that approached me back at the bar, Bentok-something. I get to the big-wig - who deploys turrets - and get some assistance from the lady I made a deal with. She turns on me, big surprise, and I beat her shit in and take her stuff. Mission Accomplished, the Exchange will stop harassing them because the local branch is dead.

Mission Final: Steal data from the Czerka databases to incriminate them about crap. Long story short, we approach the mechanic that maintains the droid that mans their front desk and pay off his debts in return for his credentials so that we can walk away with the droid. The Ithorians reprogram it, and then we play it and infiltrate the Czerka compound. We talk the droid that maintains the database into going on a shooting spree using recursive logic, then download everything and book it back to the Ithorian compound.

Switching back to my character, I let the droid go even even though it might as well be a person now since it can lie and crap. The Ithorians reward me with a lightsaber emitter and passage onto Telos on one of their shuttles.

I finish off the rest of the sidequest on the station outside of the "Escaped Criminals" one and head towards my ticket off the station.

I ended up not including any of the side-missions in this one, does anyone want me to include them in another post?

Arde645

Novice
I'm actually so enamored with FE Heroes right now that it has taken over just about everything else. Still not gonna spend any money on it though.

Don't expect too many updates until at least next week.

Arde645

Novice
I am working on it, I'm just suffering from a lack of screenshots due to me being an idiot.

I'm trying to work around the screenshots that I do have while making sure it doesn't get too boring due to text overload.

Arde645

Novice
Well, I've been busy modding less... reputable games on less reputable forums. I'll be back for a bit, and hopefully I'll get to my current position in the game (second planet) before I leave.

Also, expect these to be somewhat less text heavy as we're gonna be out of the Exposition Zone for a bit.

Part III - 2: Telos Station

On my way to the shuttle, I get a message from Mosa which basically sums up as "Blah blah, Czerka attacked us, blah blah you are our only hope, blah". Less than pleased that I have to stay on this exposition filled station some more, but somewhat appeased at the prospect of more loot, I head back to the Ithorian Compound.

Upon entering the compound, I am greeted by about half a dozen lootbags. Perfect.

6044FFC76C7D07E7D3BFB1A530BAF15C9BE75383

(Shown here, the scrub in his natural habitat. You can see that he spams a single attack, having no other skills to fall back on outside of his pack.)

I, embarrassingly, have a bit of trouble with these trash mobs. I get swamped initially before they start pairing off to attack Atton and Kreia. We pull through and beat there shit in soon after.

After looting everything, and finding nothing of any real value, I head over to Mosa's room to clear it out. The goons inside prove to be of little trouble and, following Mosa's advice after talking to him, I head to the greenery or whatever it's called to rescue that other Ithorian dude.

2982C0556846C44CD4843D9A8C5E555E79B0FB16

(See that guy spinning in the background? This'll probably be one of the few times that specific force power will actually work since I'm an INT build rather than a WIS one. FML.)

I'm greeted by a couple of droids and mercenaries. After disabling on the mercenaries, my party proceeds to dismantle the droids and the other lone mercenary while his buddy enjoys his ride. After clearing the room and talking to Ithorian dude, we go back to Moza to finish the mission. After talking for a bit and taking a rewards for my troubles, I head off to finish some side quest since why not; I was forced to stay longer, so might as well finish some other shit while I'm still here so that I NEVER have to come back ever again.

8E02DA538D2C9B8F7071465F433FE7579FA7177C

(The "Escaped Criminals" mission cannot be completed at the moment, and the next part only triggers on Telos after a special event on the station. So if you miss it, too bad.)

You can basically do all of these with the exception of "Escaped Criminals". Hell, they all take place in almost the same areas; Czerka Compound, Entertainment, and the Docking bays. I only have like one screenshot of me doing the missions, so I'll leave it at that and move onto the next part, Telos - planetside.

Part IV - 1: Telos

Now that we're past Exposition Station, hopefully I'll actually be able to muster up the will to write this more often...

Anyways, after a pretty cutscene which involves a turret popping up and blasting us out of the sky, we cut to a scene of the party laying on the ground unconscious. Totally cool, guys. Not like we have an image to keep here or anything.

E1F523FFCEA9C551029E206F3D5C0288B3698AFB

(Thanks for pulling us out of that raging fire, horn dude. *beep-de-reep* No, I don't give two shits about you yah floating disco-ball.)

AAaaaaannnyways. The party wakes up and we have a chat with the now names Bao-Dur, who just so happens to be the Ithorian's contacts that we were supposed to meet and a mechanic in the army from when Jack was a general during the Mandalorian Wars. Some - thankfully - short exposition later, and a small scene involving the drone of some mercs spotting us, Bao-Dur has joined our party and is ready to kick ass. Naturally, I kick Kreia out and replace her with Bao-Dur because she's basically useless as anything other than an exposition piece this early in the game.

BDD0D6A77B5066A3758CFA51FCD413B54385BB98

(Guess who's getting their asses beat in? If you guessed me, then you were WRONG.)

78A04E5F0853CDADF5C12BA1F1007D19DE0E46D8

(Delicious loots. Precious loots. All mine.)

Immediately turning my character around once we get in-game, I find a hidden cache surrounded by mines. After picking up the mines (who actually bothers disabling them? FREE mines dude!) I loot it and go to deal with the mercs just over yonder.

Now, and this is a bad habit of mine lately, but I don't have too many screenies of Telos. I know, I know, it gets boring with just text but I just keep forgetting because I just get immersed in exploring every nook and cranny for loot that I just keep forgetting. Also because fights. I keep forgetting to pause during them and as such, miss many screenshot opportunities.

Anyways, after handily beating this group, I lead party heads towards the beach where we encounter the criminals from that "Escaped Criminals" side-mission we were never able to finish. I kill them and move on.

The beach has nothing of interest other than another conversation with Bao-Dur. I head to the crashed speeder that I spotted near the beach and find a dead Ithorian and a bag - which I proceed to loot - before proceeding along the coast. I am interrupted be Bao-Dur about a larger than normal group of mercenaries that he has spotted and advises that we should sneak around them. I take his advice and sneak around them into one of the side-paths where I find another couple of hidden caches.

20EBEEBAD9DB08EB51C2DC42F037FB11936778A0

(Two caches, side-by-side. Lots of loot and mines. All mine.)

After clearing them out, I head back out to kill the mercenaries I snuck past for shits and giggles. Also EXP, who the hell passes up prime EXP bags when we're never gonna come back?

Anyways after a couple of Force Whirlwinds that actually work, the party charges in to beat their shit in. Jack with a vibrosword while Atton and Bao-Dur use their fists. Of course, Atton being the Pissant that he is, gets knocked out within the first minute of the engagement, leaving Jack and Bao-Dur to bail his ass out since he decided to charge into the mercenaries first.

The mercenaries still get dealt with and after looting everything, I proceed up the only other unexplored path only to be greeted by more mines and a couple turrets.

337EB24D8A2E3C6F981C4C8102E6D92A009FC7EE

(I wanted those mines, so I totally had the party duke it out at range.)

After making sure the party all had their blasters out, I proceeded to have everyone begin unloading on the turrets because I wanted to pick up those mines later. Things proceed as you would expect and the part comes out with barely a scratch. After picking up all the mines and pausing to grab the loot one of the turrets dropped, I continue my journey down the path and encounter yet another merc. This one is set up and ready, having laid down mines and set up a couple droids. Much smarter than the other ones. Marginally.

I once again leave the rest of my party equipped with blasters while I equip a sword and run around the mines - I'm taking those later btw, in case you didn't know - and proceed to cut up most of the opposition with ease since whatever flow-chart they use to determine the target apparently doesn't factor in distance. Combat now done, I proceed to loot the corpses before beginning the looooong task of picking up all the mines because their MINE now.

Continuing further down the path, we encounter the Czerka camp housing all the mercenaries. After a quick chat, the party quickly decimates the opposition via repeated application of FIST. Now begins the arduous task of looting. And story progression, but that is secondary compared to loot at the moment.

Of course, PLOT always finds a way, and we are greeted with a somewhat lengthy conversation with Bao-Dur while examining the console on the landing pad:

359D7E4113A9B735F4BEEFC4AF281AD7280B812F

(I remember what's there. NUNS, nuns as far as the eye can see. If you can even see them in the snow, that is.)

Anyways, after the looting and plot are out of the way, the party heads towards the only other area available:

45ED95673C0F6B6F0B8B2B25AB4AD5A62FE028A6

(Ooh, I'm coming for you my shinies!)

Into the Military Base.

Bam, an "extra-long" just for you guys.

Arde645

Novice
"Wait, wut?" is probably what some of the guys that have played the game before are going right now.

Truth is, I've lost a majority of the pictures for the Military Base, and I just know that I would end up putting updating off because I don't like working around non-existent pictures, so I'm gonna be skipping that part and coming back to it at a later date. There isn't really any story there anyways, so it should be fine.

Anyways, onto some more exposition from another person that helps us establish even more of my character's backstory.

Part IV - 3: Telos Academy

After finally taking care of that stupid looking Wardroid, we board the shuttle and take off towards the source of the power drain that Bao-Dur found in that terminal before we entered that shitty ass, poison gas filled, military base.

Anyways, we're on our merry way when Atton ends up crashing our second shuttle in a row. That stupid ass prettyboy.

449DA5332B355D156AA06F6D0D3EF2FE8297206B

(Of course, that's ignoring the missile. Still totally Atton's fault though since that ass needed to fall a couple more pegs anyways.)

Anyways, after the character wakes up, we proceed to beat in a couple more HK-50s. After the last one falls I begin looting and find another of the HK parts that we'll need later as well as a couple droid parts and grenades. After I finish looting, I head to check out Bao-Dur, who is unresponsive, before heading towards the only other door on the level to head into the mesa-mountain-thing. We end up leaving Bao-Dur behind to be picked up by the locals for whatever reason.

Upon completing the presumed elevator ride/loading screen, we encounter a bunch of people, all of which share the face of that bitch that stole our ship back on Exposition Station and stranding us there. After a moment in which I suppress my want to strangle them, I answer and ask a couple questions before submitting to being detained just to get it all over with.

C2897D1B73DEB587C5423BB06882789226F6A787

(No idea, but I'm blaming you Atton, because everything must be your fault. Of that, I am convinced.)

Cut to a scene of Kreia and Atton in those rather uncomfortably cramped cells, I mean really? Do prisoners just curl up into a ball for overnight stays?

Blargh, I'm getting into a tangent. Anyways, Kreia begins questioning Atton about his motives and psychoanalyzing him at the same time like the witch she is. Atton replies in kind, at least for a bit.

C778D9F17CBB23858C9C85E90AAAC4A4D6C2467E

(And I do mean psychoanalyzing quite literally.)

After a rather extended session of Kreia aggressively rummaging around Atton's skull, Atton begs her to not tell Jack (the PC, in case anyone has forgotten by this point) about what she has found. She agrees, though only so long as he remains loyal to Jack and is willing to be her gopher for a bit. Not exactly happy, but apparently somewhat-not-really satisfied with the terms, Atton passes out once Kreia finishes rooting around his cranial burger. Now that that sideshow is over, we cut back to Jack, on his way to speak with the ship stealing master of this hill/mesa/academy.

5A6494D8457596B2B5A7BE2ACB044405F143C171

(I sure hope that those seats aren't fixed, since that would make any additions/removals awkward)

Anyways, we're led into a council room that looks like a carbon copy of the one from the prequels, and are made to wait for their ship stealing "mistress" in a large, expansive, freezing room. No manners, the lot of them.

After a mildly annoying wait where I was almost certain some glitch had occured, their mistress finally deign to reveal herself.

E8F0EF1CFE6AA205C8C4DC59134A8F5E9BC6B8BB

(Oh yeah, that room is the most "Jedi" room I've ever seen. Yeah. Totally. Not.)

So she basically comes out of her little isolation chamber and begins sassing at me. I, of course, sass back. Anyways, she's basically just accusing us about a whole bunch of shit (which can be real if we so wish, the dialogue options are basically letting us build the PC's backstory) which I deny most of, other than the bits about joining the war being necessary. She also accuses us about stuff regarding Peragus, like the fact that we destroyed it, which is false but is labelled [Lie] for some bizarre reason.

A couple more minutes of this, and then we are let go after we give our word to not disrupt anything and to just leave this place.

Which we do;

D0B9100AF2E0153837B1A6287E01539539134076

(Aaaaaahhhhh, wondrous loots. How I've missed thee.)

later.

While I looting their rooms, I decide to to fight the ship stealing bit- sisters. Sisters. For some more EXP.

46E1DBF314E9071BBC349036B86D4B7ECD357B46

I basically breeze through all of them before being bested on the last one. I did not utilize that cheaty method of pushing them off the mat and fought them like an idiot, losing what EXP might've been had from the final confrontation. Still pissed about that, btw. I remember breezing through it like five years ago, wut happened Jack?

Bah. Anyways, after making a final sweep of the compound to ensure everything that can be looted has been, I head towards the exit. We meet up with T3, who is being contained within an energy field. After some talking, some increased influence, and a couple lightside points, he is released and we can head on our merry way. After T3 is released, we are greeted by another cutscene featuring that ship stealing mistress, Atris:

7DB99FEBB56367665AD87A5DD5BB6A950BD45779

(I have no idea how you tell those people apart, woman. TELL ME YOUR SECRETS.)

Anyways, Atris basically describes Jack's trial from after he came back from the war, we get a couple more options to set what Jack did way back when, and Handmaiden is given a mission from Atris. She is to infiltrate our ship, stalk Jack, and ensure that he either stays on the path of light or, at the very least, away from other people. Handmaiden obviously accepts.

Cut back to Jack, I enter the ship and am immediately bombarded by a million-and-one cutscenes, Kreia shocking T3 for some bizarre reason, Bao-Dur fixing up T3 (which I allow, bonus stats ftw), and a couple others. After slogging through all of them, I get my ass on the Galaxy Map so that I can get away from this barren ass, ship-stealing place.

83948542E798720A88A0E59023511E2F96060926

(First stop - ugh - Exposition Station)

Our first stop happens to be Citadel Station, since I still need to hand in the "Two Criminals" side mission to that security head guy. I do so, and immediately recast my Force Speed so that I can get the fuck out and towards the real first stop.

24ECD7D8D6472554FE2E9D294F812E464977A6E4

(Ahh, Korriban. Best planet.)

And so begins my adventures on Korriban. Fuck Sion.

Arde645

Novice
Wait. Is this a lightside playthrough? :deathclaw:

Of course, I chose it just for you guys.

Can't you feel my love? How does it taste? Like blurple, correct? CHOKE on it's sugary carbon goodness.

EDIT: Though in all honesty, I might do a DS playthrough afterwards if demand is high enough on either this site or the other one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom