Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Mmm... that fight when you step out of the inn can be touch and go even on vanilla. Make sure Deekin buffs you, and that he's singing. What difficulty are you playing on? By the looks of things anything above D&D Hardcore rules could be really, really hard with CPP installed.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Have to say that little tavern on Swordflight 1 kicks the shit out of Torment NumaNuma in reactivity and replayability, game designers and writers nowdays are brain damaged morons.

What did you think of the Buried Ruins dungeon crawl, or have you not reached it yet? Chapter Two's non-linear questing in Calimport is the highlight of the series, for me; it's staggering in its breadth and depth. I really hope Rogueknight tries his hand at a Durlag's Tower-style megadungeon in future installments, too. He's capable of pulling it off.
Last time I left my save was right on the entrance of the ruins after the spider cave. Really like his questing stuff, had a blast on the tavern but then dungeon crawling started... on sewers, bandit caves and undead caves.

I see the author really, really tried but we are still talking on NWN 1 combat and low level single character DnD is annoying, being one shot when an ork manages to score a critical hit when you have 10 health induces saving scumming as it is easier to reload than just jump through the roops of his ressurection system. If you are lucky, you will win a fight without scratch, however, if you are unlucky, you can be easily one or two shot on the very same fight. To be fair, this isn't a problem of the mod and more of a problem of how NWN 1 works, those random wild results aren't this much of a problem when you have six characters.

He should have given a little more XP or allowed more opportunities to get XP without combat, only going on serious fighting when you were at least level three, where this randomness is alot less of an issue.

The dungeons on Swordflight 1 so far are very basic on a visual level too, only using basic assets, you get kinda annoyed navigating an spider cave and because all the rooms and walls are the same, you kinda get underwhelmed, but again, this is a mod and I can't apply the same demands I would apply on something that had a team behind and not one guy wasting time making mods for free.

I really liked that he tried adding variety on the fights, many enemies use really nasty tricks, you will face fights where the enemy will hit you with disarm (I don't remember ever getting disarmed on both the OC and the NWN expansions), spiders will ambush you from the ceiling after you hit an slow trap potentially buttfucking your mage, enemy mages will use summons, cast sleep then this summon will one hit you on the ground and on some trickier fights you will have to use all your resources.

Had a pretty nice fight at the end of the spider cave, where a sword spider and a giant spider hit me at the same time and their poison applied a big strength debuff making my paladin a shitlord , it was too much damage for my AC and health to take, so I used a summon creature II wand to summon a boar to tank a little for me. I bought it just for an occasion like this, it was fun. I have to comment on the itemization on this game, it is pretty well designed. You will be given enough to keep going without having mountains of cash.

To be honest, I would enjoy all this creativity and challenge on combat with six characters instead of just one.

Commenting too on how the dungeons were designed, man, the unique content, after the tavern is mostly focused on a druid that can talk with animals, the other classes get little unique content (to be fair, there is still the undead ruins to explore), some like the ranger or a druid with his bear companion have an easy time while others like the rogue have a really hard time especially as the end of the mod is with undead, the bane of rogues.

I'm playing with a paladin, the nice side of it is that the game enforces roleplay with you losing lawful and good status with bullshit like stealing from people the bad side is that it is basically watch a dude repeat his basic attack over and over then click on the potion button sometimes, again a problem of NWN 1 not the mod. I will keep playing and play Swordflight 2, are those undead ruins a big dungeon? Am I going to lose something if I go straight to Swordflight 2?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The big dungeon is the best part. You will be raped. Otherwise, yes, it's NWN1, you have to enjoy the combat in general. Don't expect Swordflight 1 to have much unique content for the classes, even though it has for most of them, even for races (I got a passing comment from the slaver in the tavern for being a Half-Orc). Some classes will have it easier than others, I recommend multi-classing, especially if you are a rogue. Druids have always been powerful with both a summon and animal companion, though I think they gobble up xp. Some monk levels for flurry of blows works wonders with bear form, you won't have access to forms in SF1 though and Shifters are weak in general, so maybe don't bother.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Bedine Commentary.

dunes.jpg

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Bedine was made by Kamal who begat the city-adventure Crimmor for NWN2. A talented modder but man, Crimmor won't be playable at 30+ FPS on any system for 10 years or so. Runs like a 3-legged dog with crippling arthritis on my Nvidia GTX 1070-based system.

I agree with Exalted and others here about the NWN1 AI Henchman mod. AVOID its use as standalone, at all costs! I too got bizarre behavior in official campaigns with it. AI enemies would frequently look indecisive or just cower in the corner looking like Mike at the end of Blair Witch Project.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
how the FUCK has no one mentioned HEX CODA yet for NWN1?

oh, and quick, recommend me nwn2 modules pls.

I was actually disappointed by HEX CODA after all the circle-jerking I saw by NWN fans over the years about it. It was singular but loaded with gimmicks. For example, there was this weapon or device that you could use that was radically different from any other weapon or device in any RPG game I ever played. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you approached these games), it was a GIMMICK and had absolutely ZERO influence on other parts of the game and played not the slightest role in completing the module. But I will agree that this is, without a doubt, the very best NWN module ever made by a dwarf. This is not debatable so please don't challenge me on this.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, go there and read that. Lilura is acting there like a retarded child, while everybody is nice to her. Get a brain at nearest store, woman.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You got a lil' bitchy because you are a lil' retarded. Like, seriously, you folks go and read linked thread. There was absolutely no fucking reason for that.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
All Lilura did was call couchpotato a churl, then call him retarded for missing out on some modules while rating others as good on some vague basis, and then a double retard for claiming to have played every single module.
That's a pretty tame conversation.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
You can always tell when a topic has degenerated into a flame war and interweb retards have been flaming each other in a compulsively masturbatory manner just by checking the post count and noticing it far exceeds what it should in so short a time. Thusly, a topic on the ghost town known as RPGWAtch that started 5 days ago that should have one page of posts by now has four. By next week, it will have increased to eight pages, then the week after 16, and so on and so forth. In 6 months, there will be a retard apocalypse. Are you prepared, fellow survivors?

exe

Augur
Are there good epic level modules? They all seem to not even get to 20.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Are there good epic level modules? They all seem to not even get to 20.
For Nwn there's Sands of Fate by the same guy who made the excellent Conan series of Nwn 2.
Fair warning though, I don't know how much of it is actually difficult high level stuff, and how much of it is just bullshit difficulty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom