Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex is sending a representative to visit inXile

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
This is a unique opportunity to personally ask George Ziets and co in-depth questions about Torment and its development. Don't waste it all on "hurr so you liek consoles now?"

Of course, because they are so open and transparent. It's not as if this will be anything but a boring interview with a bunch of uninformative statements, and is not as if they will use this boring uninformative interview to pretend that they never blacklisted the Codex in the past, without any sort of excuse. The reality is that they need money for new games now they release they are no so awesome as they thought. The capacity of Cuckdex to endure humiliation from developers is amazing.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
TToN:
What are your future plans for TToN, if there are any? (In other words, are they going to do something about it? It was supposed to be their make-or-break project, or at least so it was perceived by many people. Neither WL2 nor BT4 were quite as important and WL2 was a much less ambitious endeavor.)
Infinitron I'm not trying to be edgy here but genuinely want to know if they're going to do anything (e.g. release DC edition or an expansion pack) to get TToN closer to what they advertised on KS. They probably won't give a straight answer but there's no harm in asking, I guess.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, those images and videos they showed during the kickstarter were :kwafuckyeah:.

How did they create significantly better-looking and more atmospheric environments on the fly during a hectic kickstarter on a shoestring budget than they did over four years of development with a $8-10 million budget?

Lhynn

Arcane
Where did all the money and time go for TToN? What was it spent on, why was the end product so lackluster despite the budget. What kind of big obstacles did you guys run into during development?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
This is a unique opportunity to personally ask George Ziets and co in-depth questions about Torment and its development. Don't waste it all on "hurr so you liek consoles now?"

Of course, because they are so open and transparent. It's not as if this will be anything but a boring interview with a bunch of uninformative statements, and is not as if they will use this boring uninformative interview to pretend that they never blacklisted the Codex in the past, without any sort of excuse. The reality is that they need money for new games now they release they are no so awesome as they thought. The capacity of Infishilltron to endure humiliation from developers is amazing.

Fixed for you.

Mortmal

Arcane
Lots of edginess ITT instead of specific inquiries about games

Edginess is all they deserves, they deliver very late and dont keep their word (ton of content cut), they advertise a classic rpg and at the first opportunity port it and design the interface for mainstream consoles. The release is an unmitigated disaster , seen it one day in top sales only and not at the top. When reading the steam reviews, it feels like the codexers are nice forgiving guys .

Prime Junta

For the record, I'm willing to give inXile another chance.

But not before (1) they acknowledge that they fucked up, (2) they demonstrate that they understand how they fucked up, and (3) they demonstrate concrete actions they've taken so they won't fuck up the same way again.

I'm not optimistic about that happening though; a fuckup of this magnitude doesn't happen without deep problems with ethics and company culture, and those usually flow from the top down.

tl;dr ban Fargo

Keye_

Educated
What lessons will you take away from the Kickstarter, development cycle and bad to mixed reception of TToN?
How will you apply these lessons and what changes will the company make to ensure a better result from the Wasteland 3 Fig campaign?

Is there a possibility for Wasteland 3 stretch-goals to get cut?
If so: which ones will get cut first and which ones are most important to keep? How will you improve communication about content cuts? Will these be added later as free DLC for backers?
If not: how will you guarantee this?

Quillon

Arcane
These questions...at least some of them are gonna be seriously asked?...well if its so, record it with a 4k cam, I wanna see their facial expressions even if they won't answer anything :P

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
- InXile has announced that it intends to restore some of the strech goals cut from the development of TTON. Where will the funds for this development come from?

- Several strech goals of TTON were cut and were not warned to backers until very late. Given that Bard Tale 4 is in development right now, is there anything you already know you are going to cut?

- A few days ago, Brian posted a picture of the adventure game (Atari) on twitter. Is there any special meaning? InXile plans to do something about this game?

- InXile created the "Kicking it Forward" program, which uses 5% of post-launch to fund other games. In the specific case of TTON, do you plan to do this? And, if you plan, do not you consider that this is disrespectful to the backers, who had content cut off for lack of money?

Neanderthal

Arcane
Which numpty fuck decided to make such a dull bastard protagonist in a spiritual sequel to a game that featured one o most interestin protags in gamin, same question about companions.

crakkie

Arcane
I have a few:

T:ToN

Game is called Torment: Tides of Numeria but I only recall using the tides once or twice all game even though this is apparently what pisses Sorrow off.

Game is called Torment: Tides of Numeria but the castoff is basically an innocent being with no real torments.

These two aren't really questions are they? Seem like just statements to me. Random.

That's a good point for clarification. Do these have to be questions we ask, or can we include accusations, denouncements, and unprompted criticisms of their abilities and competence?

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Ask them if they've played any recent blobbers and what they've liked/disliked in these.

Lhynn

Arcane
Ask them what recent indie games are being played by the people at inxile. I want to know if some of them are influenced by anything that isnt shit.

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
On a more serious note, I don't think you are going in at the opportune moment. W3 development is opaque. They are about to spill secrets that will polarise people who already hate them too much. Asking about TormentTwo is not only pointless but also warrant evasive answers. That leaves one with Bard's Tale 3. Which might get you *something* but leave you wondering if it was worth it.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I have a few:

T:ToN

Game is called Torment: Tides of Numenera but I only recall using the tides once or twice all game even though this is apparently what pisses Sorrow off.

Game is called Torment: Tides of Numenera but the castoff is basically an innocent being with no real torments.

These two aren't really questions are they? Seem like just statements to me. Random.

That's a good point for clarification. Do these have to be questions we ask, or can we include accusations, denouncements, and unprompted criticisms of their abilities and competence?

Yeah, yeah I didn't write them in a form of a question did I Trebek.

Why is the game is called Torment: Tides of Numenera when we only use the tides once or twice all game even though this is apparently what pisses Sorrow off? Were the tides more cut content?

Why is the game called Torment: Tides of Numenera but the castoff is basically an innocent being with no real torments?

Better?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom