Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

pippin

Never understood the whole deal with "all good" or "all evil" party. these fuckers are my pawns and they will submit to me.
You don't gain anything by pussy-footing around. You gain an overpowered party if going evil and you get store discounts if going good. The good party is obviously beta in this case. The neutral chars don't care either way, but I don't think there are any neutral ones worth taking over good ones.
I just take the best ones and dont really give a shit about my reputation, never had a problem. If someone fights someone else you simply reload, sometimes to trigger the fight theyll try talking to you, if you know its coming you can just move him somewhere else to cancel his action.

still, aren't companion fights pretty much unavoidable? at least i consider them to be some sort of nod to the incompatibility of certain alignments... The thing about the discounts in stores is shit, it's not like you get the best stuff from them, and in bg2 you are swimming in gold practically from the start.

but i gotta say evil-inclined characters had more.. ahem... character than the good ones. one of my legit favorites is the paladin dude from bg2, who really feels more like a true knight than a fucking choirboy

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Are there any mods that adjust the prices on the new items in BG 1 EE?
The smith in Beregost has some +1 Axes (Beruel's Retort) for sale for only 75 gp. Stuff like this makes a mockery of the whole Iron Crisis, and is very inconsistent with the prices of other +1 weapons, like 2250 gp for a Battle Axe +1.
It's like the Beamdog designer were incompetent hacks...

I really miss the Hard Times mod (it was TuTu only, and later also for BGT), which really made the Iron Crisis more than just a background story.

Melcar

Arcane
You know he wanted to. All those verbal jabs he had with her, loaded with sexual tension. He always found himself conflicted and troubled that he has feeling sexual urges towards the sinful Drow, feelings that he never thought he'd have. Why do you think he was so eager to kill off his wife? Only because PC tried hard to convince him otherwise did he not do it.

pippin

They end up fighting, and due to the difference in stats, it's pretty sure that Keldorn will very likely murder Vico. That's a way to put it I guess.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
You know he wanted to. All those verbal jabs he had with her, loaded with sexual tension. He always found himself conflicted and troubled that he has feeling sexual urges towards the sinful Drow, feelings that he never thought he'd have. Why do you think he was so eager to kill off his wife? Only because PC tried hard to convince him otherwise did he not do it.

Can we expect a Romance mod from you soon?

Melcar

Arcane

Can we expect a Romance mod from you soon?

You mean there isn't already a mod out there that covers this? My God. Think of the possibilities.

Krivol

Magister
Are there any mods that adjust the prices on the new items in BG 1 EE?
The smith in Beregost has some +1 Axes (Beruel's Retort) for sale for only 75 gp. Stuff like this makes a mockery of the whole Iron Crisis, and is very inconsistent with the prices of other +1 weapons, like 2250 gp for a Battle Axe +1.
It's like the Beamdog designer were incompetent hacks...

I really miss the Hard Times mod (it was TuTu only, and later also for BGT), which really made the Iron Crisis more than just a background story.

Best thing about those throwing axes is that you can use them as HtH +1 weapon and they really cost 75gp per unit. First decent axe is rather quite hard to find IIRC, so this is the best weapon for Kagain for a quite long.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Ok, this is odd since I haven't been keeping up with all that has been happening with the enhanced editions. But I loaded up my old save to see it I could still use it to carry over to BG 2 and noticed that they have removed one of the female portraits, the one of a human female with dark hair and a green gem around her neck. As well as some equipment I had for Imoen no longer being equipped or usable by her Mage/Thief class.

I wondering if my file is corrupted, since I notice that a few journal entries are broken as well.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ok, this is odd since I haven't been keeping up with all that has been happening with the enhanced editions. But I loaded up my old save to see it I could still use it to carry over to BG 2 and noticed that they have removed one of the female portraits, the one of a human female with dark hair and a green gem around her neck. As well as some equipment I had for Imoen no longer being equipped or usable by her Mage/Thief class.

I wondering if my file is corrupted, since I notice that a few journal entries are broken as well.

Probably an issue with the save file if it's a really old one, they released several large patches over the years.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Probably an issue with the save file if it's a really old one, they released several large patches over the years.

No matter how hard you try to maintain total save compatibility, something is eventually bound to break somewhere, even if it's just a minor bug.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
The save file at least is still compatible with BG 2 and doesn't have any issues as far as I can tell. The main problem seemed to be Imoen, who suddenly was unable to use short bows or even equip any arrows. As well as only being able to use mage robes and a dagger.

The final mystery is why they removed the female portrait. From what I can tell it was commissioned for the game. And was the only one besides the red sorceresses picture I really liked.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The PC voice by David Warner is in the same boat, it simply doesn't exist in BG2EE and you have to add it manually. Maybe the missing portrait is the same situation. The Imoen thing is weird, it seems like the game is counting her as only a Mage, rather than Thief/Mage, OR she doesn't have enough Mage levels for the Thief proficencies to be usable yet.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Does the EE fix the weapon speed for missile weapons?
Apparantly for missile weapons using ammunition the weapon speed is 0, which is obviously a bug.

Last edited:

Iznaliu

Arbiter
The final mystery is why they removed the female portrait. From what I can tell it was commissioned for the game

It could be some copyright issue; given Beamdog's level of care, they may have failed to secure rights properly.

Nazrim Eldrak

Scholar
Man, I hate open Betas.
Yes, me too. Nevertheless they are offering a beta in an engine in which they have already delivered an "own game". It seems like they are realizing that parting completely from IE games is a bad move.
Brainless fans are just doing free work for companies should be paying dudes to do this shit
Depends, because if they are short of cash, but would deliver something really new with their newest announcement then it could be bearable.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Man, I hate open Betas.
Yes, me too. Nevertheless they are offering a beta in an engine in which they have already delivered an "own game". It seems like they are realizing that parting completely from IE games is a bad move.
Brainless fans are just doing free work for companies should be paying dudes to do this shit
Depends, because if they are short of cash, but would deliver something really new with their newest announcement then it could be bearable.
I forgot about this part. Didn't they lose a lot of money with the SE of Baldur's Gate where they had to refund a ton of people's money because they were late with everything? Has anyone went in and did the numbers for SoD? Seems like they really got hit hard with that Mizhena issue. They even "fired" the fat bitch that wrote her in or whatever.

v1rus

Arcane
Decided to try out EE.

Well, I just started the game, recruited Kivan, only to find out that his quest is now timed, which makes 0 fucking sense since you cant complete it till chapter 4.

I really <3 Kivan, and as such, Im wondering hwo to get around this. Save editing is one solution, but, what would happen if i just left him hanging around? would he disappear ?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Decided to try out EE.

Well, I just started the game, recruited Kivan, only to find out that his quest is now timed, which makes 0 fucking sense since you cant complete it till chapter 4.

I really <3 Kivan, and as such, Im wondering hwo to get around this. Save editing is one solution, but, what would happen if i just left him hanging around? would he disappear ?

https://af.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/kivans_quest_timer?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom