Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software It's another Demon's Souls thread god damnit

sullynathan

Arcane
You fuckers didn't tell me that there was an upgrade man selling upgrades are stonefang. Would have upgraded my weapons hours ago:negative:

On the other hand, it is cool that you have different equip slots for miracles and sorceries

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
Beat the old hero. I have to say that I was weak against him, died 3 times but the 2nd one was pure bullshit.

His gimmick is cool but it is complete bullshit that he he will constantly hit you right through pillars without breaking them. Reminds me of Velstadt but much worse

I was doing like 30 damage per hit against him before I upgraded. Still not a great fight but eh, better than the previous ones.

sullynathan

Arcane
Beat the Penetrator. Easily the best and only worthwhile boss so far in the game. I did die once but it was because I let things go. I think it was a glitch but the first time he penetrated me, I took no damage then the 2nd time it one shot me. Rolled again and beat him. It wasn't a bullshit fight at all, nice duel, good difficulty and this part of Boletaria was pretty well paced.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Well, Flamelurker is kind of a fun boss if you don't game the environment. I see at least 2 boss fights in your future which are very good (and some which completely suck). In particular, the last whole leven of Boletaria is simply amazing imho.

sullynathan

Arcane
Made it past Boletaria after beating la Penetrator. I beat the 3 red phantoms after him. The heavy one gave me trouble and nearly killed me, the fact that he kept breaking my gear was unbelievable.

Went further than that then a cutscene hit with another dragon on a bridge. My bullshit radar went haywire and I left.

Proceeded to Stonefang and so far of the 4 worlds I've been to, this one has been the best and most consistent and least bullshit. The level design is great and while the enemies were on the easy side, I like how most of the workers keep working and only aggro if you attack them.

The first boss was kinda lame. Thankfullya good person left a note about needing fire resistance because that giant spider was really weak and just spammed fire balls with a spider web.

This area has also been heavily rewarding in terms of upgrade materials. Got my bastard sword to +7. Perhaps I should have visited here before going anywhere else.

One thing that is starting to bother me though is the item burden. It's annoying to carry too many items and then have to go all the way back to the nexus just to store them.

Beat flame lurker first try in under a minute. Was quite easy by this point because my weapon is pretty strong and I have the light weapon sorcery from a previous boss.

Last edited:

Arnust

Savant
How does one go about killing old king Doran?
There are a variety of ways. Have you gotten the sword already in the "proof of worth" duel? When you aggro him after that he gest WAY tougher. He is very easy to parry if you get the timing right, but the problem here is his HP, can heal, instakills (Unless you wear full Dark Silver and Shield alonh a bunch if HP), and the otrher mobs.
Firstly, clear the zone. Then, you have a variety of options. You can go in Hyper Mode and damage him normally-ish, critical him, poison with the spells or the Kunai, or even bleed, use the Strom Ruler R2 to knock him off the shortcut tower, blow him up at the barrels there, summon people, etcetera.
The other thing to note is his aggro and healing. he doesn't go much further than the tower before the Mausoleum so taking him further requires to push him around, which is risky. That means that he is kinda hard to cheese with projectiles, and if he does heal, which isn't that often and punishable but a bummer nonetheless,it's a do-over and you spent some hefty ammo on it. At 33%HP he goes beast mode and two hands, not much change but the moves change a bit and it's an even more certain ohko.

What I did was pushing and backing away in the tower and catapult area, poisoning him with the Kunai from Graverobber Blige, and keeping constant watch on him to not heal, using a maxed Quality Knight Sword and the Dark Silver set that my equip burden could afford, of course the Dark Silver Shield for its buff, actual block and parrying constantly, around three times of poisoning him to keep him in the ailment, and bam, poof goes the fucker. Remember to come there light to be able to get away with the bounty.

sullynathan

Arcane
Yeah, I already got the sword behind him. I've tried to trick him to follow me so that I might make him fall but he stops following after a point.

sullynathan

Arcane
Valley of Defilement has been pretty good so far, it is the original Blighttown albeit too big at times.

I never found anything like the ring in dark souls that allowed you to move quickly through water. It also sucks ass that the game doesn't show you how close you are to being poisoned.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Now that's a troll level if there ever was one. I especially enjoyed how the game threw mosquitoes, which can be infuriating if you're not careful, at you just before you activate the shortcut.

Then again, if you're not careful, you'll always die fast ;)

sullynathan

Arcane
Defeated the maiden, what a shitty way to end this area. Garl Vinland is blocking a bridge and the plague ridden ground annoying as hell

sullynathan

Arcane
Well the tower of Latria 2nd half is far better than the first half. Pushes the world to the 2nd best world in the game. It also made me realize that I've easily died more times by falling off a platform that by being beaten by an enemy.

It happened during the Maneater fought, I was fighting the 2nd Maneater and he pushed me off the stage and killed me.

I then fought the yellow demon, I forgot his name. Was really really easy, just hit him like 6 times them he died. I read that real people can play as him but I'm not sure how I'd be able to tell

Arnust

Savant
They don't suck and use other weapons and gear than the Gloom Set and claws

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom