Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

Sprout

Educated
Yeah, the prosperity potential is infinite here. In all seriousness though, I wonder why BioWare can't go back to making OK games instead of ultra-weird meme generators. EA or no EA, $100m is enough to produce something digestible. Nobody expects wonders and revelations from them anymore so why not settle for smooth mediocrity? Mirror's Edge Catalyst was published by EA too, after all.

If you can't for some reason attract real talent, it's not a reason to give up. Fire all your lunatics, asshats and burnouts, and hire some top-tier nexus modders, deviantart artists, fanfic writers and machinima animators instead. There you go, enjoy your team of stable mediocrity. It's really that simple. So why the hell does this freak show go on and on?

Halve that and you have the budget I'd guess (considering ME3 $40mil), otherwise don't disagree. I'm ready to give credence to the rumors that this was dumped on the new guys while the previous devs went to do something else. Would explain the mess. I'd forgive all the sins of the game for some decent writing, which is something majority of mainstream games manage to somehow consistently avoid. I'm seriously wondering how much of this to blame on the medium, since it's something I get to see so very seldom. Then there comes a game once every blue moon that does it right, sending me wondering full circle why it's so fricking hard for the other folks. :(

Freddie

Savant
They should have called this thing Mass Effect: African Tranny.

Just ran into a hologram of Jien Garson, the woman who started the Andromeda Initiative and died in an accident upon arriving. She's another a tranny with a lisp. :lol:

They also felt the need to tell us that krogan have 4 testicles. :roll:
Weren't the Krogans near extinct in the old trilogy? Maybe the wonderful new advances in transexual surgery are connected to the sudden rise in the Krogan population...
IIRC they were steadily increasing in population due to how often they fuck, and spew out eggs, so the genophage slowed them down but to acceptable numbers for the other Species, so those other species could compete and not be overrun like before. Mordun mentions this to you too, the point of the Genophage was to slow their population, never to stop them. The reasoning fori Krogans never creating an empire again is due to them loving to fight too much, which causes them to become mercenaries or become wandering bands, which Wrex was trying to stave off and unite all the Krogan clans, to try and make a Krogan empire and boost their numbers further and stay away from fighting and warring everywhere, just to bring up their numbers.

If they did reverse the Genophage on the Ark or wtv the fuck that ships called, they've fucked themselves. It doesn't take a lot of forsight to see what will happen when the Species that breed like ants, love to go to war, and so far as I can tell, always create warcentric governments or clans will do once they start to outbreed all the competition and have a shot at being the rulers of the new galaxy.
This has probably brought up by someone somewhere in Codex, but procreation aspect created a stage for some very interesting power play in Galaxy. Sadly it went underused but some of the decent parts of ME2 and ME3 had some of that.

Krogan with their super breeding and need for space and Asari, who can reproduce with any species and offspring will always be Asari. Geth, another faction that could just keep building more Geth. For me it looks like Humans and Turians, (Quarians even if they had a planet) perhaps Salarians were in pretty interesting situation what comes to galactic political play.

Of course some humans, BioDrones had to come and mess it up because they were willing to fuck anything, so I guess they decided in BW so, let's forget this and make more species 'romancable'.

Freddie

Savant
Even if the game itself was good, I can't get over the fact that its 600 years in the future, another whole galaxy, and we're still expected to fight against similarly-sized humanoid enemies that display exactly the same tactics as Milky Way inhabitants (crouching behind chest high walls), firing the same small-arms weapons, with the same armor and shielding we have. They even use the same god fucking damn ammunition in their guns. Imagine if aliens from another galaxy came to conquer Earth and just happened to be 50/50 split between 5.56x45mm and 5.45x39mm in their primary weaponry with 9mm sidearms.

This is a crime against Sci-Fi. There's so many possibilities for weird inexplicable technology that needs to discovered/recovered/researched, but I expect that will be relegated to cutscenes and +1 enchantments to your hardware.

This wouldnt be a problem if Biofail kept the overheating gun system.And it would make sense that the ressourse starved Andromeda campaign would use the "old" system.
Multimillion dollar budget and 5 years in the making. That time sure didn't went to animations and creating like 3 new weapons.

agris

Arcane
Patron
S0q7GYh.jpg
is the new :prosper:

agris

Arcane
Patron
the shot of her just before she gets in that fight was pretty good, the one with her rictus grin.

Tick Tock Crocodile

AJQb3lz.png

this one at the very least should be kept for posterity

edit: ninja'd

gaussgunner

Arcane
Just saw this on Google News.

Here's How Mass Effect: Andromeda Handles Sex and Romance
Kotaku - ‎2 hours ago‎
When Bioware first showed off Mass Effect: Andromeda, some fans didn't care about the premise, the story, or the combat. The question many of us had was, “what aliens can I fuck this time?

gestalt11

Arbiter
Bioware Devs have been block happy on Twitter lately. I didn't even say anything bad, just been sarcastic with my tweets to them. They really can't take criticism.

:troll:

You got blocked by a guy who shitposts like he is a pigeon that ate ex-lax. Curry Thunder I am disappointed in you. Well not really; dude is an obvious douchebag.

Father Foreskin

Learned
I have continued my scientific research about the magnitude of shit. Of course without playing the game. The reason for the bad facial animations could be that the facial structures were altered after the animations were already set in. It would appear that PeeBees chin is smaller and her face in general more feminine than in the original trailer. She is also bluer. Did they un-trans her after the early trailers had raised the transgender headlines? This issue is hard to investigate due safe daily intake of Bioware is very limited even with protective equipment like whiskey and rubber gloves.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
How are the rpg elements of this game? How does it compare to the other Mass Effects? If the only bioware games I ever liked were the Mass Effect games will I like this one (if it has some rpg elements and isn't just pure console)?

pippin

It had to have good body language since you never saw her face. And when you did, they stole that pic from the internet.

You saw her eyes every now and then but it was never in a truly significative manner.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
They don't want to be straight just to get an in-game achievement?
Hahaha. Faggots.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
We require a report on how many female-to-male trannies BioWare have inclooded in Ass Defect.

The answer is 0; they aren't stereotypical enough

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom