Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New requirement for reviewers poll

Should reviewers be required to list their top 10 favorite games of the last 5 years?

• Yes / No

• No / Yes

• They should list their top 10 favourite Codex posters instead

• Hi Roqua

• Also what colour underpants they're wearing (No and or Yes and or KingComrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
In my humble opinion I believe there should be a new requirement for reviewers for this site. The new requirement would be to have the reviewer list their top 10 favorite games of the last five years in their signature or profile or somewhere easily viewed.

This isn't their top 10 rpgs of all time. This is top 10 favorite games of any genre in the last five years. And will need to be updated as titles expire.

What do you retards think? I'm guessing you will vote no since you should pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
lol
Retarded idea. What would stop Prime Junta someone from writing "Fallout 1, Age of Decadence and Arcanum are my favourite RPG" when in reality it's Fallout 4, Pillars of Eternity and Skyrim?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
lol
Retarded idea. What would stop Prime Junta someone from writing "Fallout 1, Age of Decadence and Arcanum are my favourite RPG" when in reality it's Fallout 4, Pillars of Eternity and Skyrim?

You, sir, are great at reading. Just super.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
You're missing the point, swap Fallout 1 and Arcanum with Underrail and Neo Scavenger and it still gives you nothing, it won't improve the quality of the review.

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
What do you retards think?
I think we should throw you into Retardo Land and build a wall. Your posts aren't hilarious anymore, Roqua
buildawall.png

EDIT: fixed image hosting fuckery

Last edited:
Weasel
Should reviewers be required to list their top 10 favourite Roqua alts? Butchy was right up there. Those were the days.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
You're missing the point, swap Fallout 1 and Arcanum with Underrail and Neo Scavenger and it still gives you nothing, it won't improve the quality of the review.

Okay, Neo Scavenger tells me the like survival games with very lite rpg elements, which I do not. Underrail would indicate we may have some crossover taste. Name 8 more and we'll see how useful it is to me to listen to you when it comes to opinions on games.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Okay, Neo Scavenger tells me the like survival games with very lite rpg elements, which I do not. Underrail would indicate we may have some crossover taste. Name 8 more and we'll see how useful it is to me to listen to you when it comes to opinions on games.
That... wasn't the point Roqua. If he says those games, but his actual favorites include Fallout 4, the newest COD, and JRPG Dating Sim #474920, it means absolute nothing and can't be properly verified.

Morkar Left

I think the idea isn't bad in general. But let the reviwer list his top 5 rpgs in the review which are similar than the one he just reviewed. It would help to see where he's coming from and could be a reference for similar/better games.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

That... wasn't the point Roqua. If he says those games, but his actual favorites include Fallout 4, the newest COD, and JRPG Dating Sim #474920, it means absolute nothing and can't be properly verified.

Why would reviewers lie about their favorite games? I'm sick of people who like a handful of rpgs that came out decades ago but hate anything new that isn't a console game or an Asian/childrens game. These people's review are useless to people who actually like rpgs.

What is so wrong with being easily able to find out if someone's opinion is useful to you or not? Why the resistance? I can name my favorite games of the last five years in like two seconds in no particular order- WL2, Underrail, AoD, MMX, D:OS, TToN, XCOM 1 and 2, PoE, Tyranny. I'm not ashamed of this, nor would I ever try to hide it or lie about it. Two of them aren't even rpgs but are fucking awesome especially with the LW mods. I like crpgs.

Why does everyone here want reviewer's to hide the games they like?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I think the idea isn't bad in general. But let the reviwer list his top 5 rpgs in the review which are similar than the one he just reviewed. It would help to see where he's coming from and could be a reference for similar/better games.

I disagree. What is alike and not alike is subjective. If someone's top 10 favorite games of the last five years are games I never even heard of it doesn't matter if the reviewer kind of likes a handful of games that I also may like.

If this site is such a hardcrore rpg site why is it ashamed to list the top ten favorite games of its reviewers of the last five years?

What does everyone have against being quickly able to tell if a review will be worth reading or not.

We all believe people are individuals with their own tastes and preferences, correct? If so, if someone had complete opposite tastes and preferences than you, why would a review they wrote ever be of use to you? Do you like wasting your time and effort?

Johannes

Arcane
Since I couldn't name you 10 different games I've liked from that time period, I won't hold it a necessity for a reviewer either.

Max Stats

Liturgist
No. He also shouldn't have to provide his tax return, his college transcripts, or pics of his last digital prostate exam.

Unless it's somehow relevant to the review, of course.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
What would stop Prime Junta someone from writing "Fallout 1, Age of Decadence and Arcanum are my favourite RPG" when in reality it's Fallout 4, Pillars of Eternity and Skyrim?

Why does everyone here want reviewer's to hide the games they like?

0def1836da.png

No wait, I had a flash of inspiration, you're implying we're arguing against it because we don't want people doing it just because. As opposed to because it's stupid. Gotcha. Maybe. Who even knows.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom