Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quake Champions - multiplayer hero shooter from id Software

Venser

Erudite
why is air control a passive WHYYYYYYY

THEY PULLED THE SAME SHIT IN NUDOOM, WHY THE FUCK SHOULD I BE JUMPING AROUND LIKE SIMON BELMONT UNTIL I PICK THE RIGHT CHARACTER

Not everyone loves air control. I prefer standard strafe. Some like Q4 crouch slide. All movement variations are included so you can choose a character based on your liking. Only thing that's missing is Q2 character with ramp jump but it can still be added.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
how do you do that thing in Quake Live? I mean making it look abstract and bare boned?
In quake live you can use most settings from q3a/osp: picmip, vertexlight etc.

Last edited:

Jazz_

Arcane
Set "Texture Detail" to low. I also recommend Simple Items. There are other things you can tweak to take even more detail out of the game, but I find low texture detail (and none of the lighting effects shit) gives the best experience.

Thanks, did a quickie with those settings and cleaning up the scene does indeed help your aiming.

Venser

Erudite
Thanks, did a quickie with those settings and cleaning up the scene does indeed help your aiming.

Type r_picmip "10" (up to 16 in Q3) into console for solid walls without texture details. I use picmip 6 and it looks like this

ZEyQUKS.jpg

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Bunny hopping was neat until actual combat started

the timers on items, lmao

fuck this trash doppelgangel and watch some classicinstead

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I'm probably going to play this game because I get stomped in QL especially during euro hours :mixedemotions:

Venser

Erudite
The biggest red flag for me is capped max movement speed of the champions. One of the things that made Quake so special and set it apart from other games like UT was dynamic skill based movement where subtle way you move your mouse controls the character speed. This resulted in separate movement based game modes like defrag where the goal is to break speed records. I know so many players that only play defrag and never even fight in Quake.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Looks like some knockoff Blizzard character, complete with pauldrons and small head.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
instadying to some ass in a tight corridor using his invincible shoulder-tackle or his goombastomp-with-a-rather-lenient-AoE sure sounds what Quake needs

Venser

Erudite
New map

Really badly done teasers that make the game look even slower than it actually is.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
The biggest red flag for me is capped max movement speed of the champions.
Proofs? I know there's variable max speed unlike Q3's default 320 max UPS but have they said anything about capping speed from strafe jumping?

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Shitty if that's true. I guess we'll find out at the end of the month.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
lel'd at all those high detail cinematic footage and keeping that crappy hit sound of quake. At least remove it from the promos, who are they trying to fool anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom